Free Agency Summer / Upcoming 2010/2011 NBA Season.

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by !¿Clue?!, Jun 21, 2010.

1. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

So free agency is coming up in a week or so from now & some big names are in the mix (CB4, LBJ, Wade etc...)
    Will LeBron join Chicago (they actually have the cap space for this dude) and build around Rose/Noah/Salmons or will he join the big city with bright lights *cough New York. Or will he stick with Cleveland and try to finally get a ring..
    Can Colaengelo convince Bosh to stay in Toronto or will he most likely sign and trade with another team? Alot of people saying LA/New York/Chicago. It's a toss up.
    This is going to one interesting off season for the NBA, probably the biggest imo.

Thoughts? Opinions? Please contribute!

:)

2. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

CB4 will sign a 7 year max deal and gets traded (as he wishes) to join LBJ wherever he wants; probably with Chicago because the pieces looks like it is completed with the addition of the 2.

Wade? Best case scenario he gets to add Amare;).

KG and Ray Ray gets traded and the Celts builds around Rondo, Perks and Big Baby (Pierce may be the heart and soul of Celts but he is advance in years as well):).

LBJ can really surprise everyone by signing with...........................................the Raptors:D! I love the Raptors

There's also the lure of LBJ and CB4 playing for the Clippers although a longshot;).

Who knows, the Nets' billionaire might be able to steal everyone's thunder:cool:!

3. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Yeah ******* right in your dreams haha...
    We barely have the cap space for LBJ. If we sign him that's like all the players in our team combined LOL...
    But I heard a rumor of trading Calderon for Mo Williams which is a good trade imo. Calderon is one of the worst PG's in regards to defence as well as Steve Nash who is #1 in that category. If Mo did well with LBJ, he should be a good fit with this team, if it were to happen..

4. RSLvictorSOTX

Raptors got the Looney for the Bosh man:D! Hedo wants out (big bucks as well). LBJ can sign a 3 year deal with years 2 & 3 an option;). So Andrea Bargnani, CB4 & LBJ is plenty:cool: and mighty:cool:!

5. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Won't happen..sorry man haha..I'm pretty sure LBJ wants more money, especially in this expensive market..more than 5 years and at least a cool 100 mil? lol...
    Here's a good site, for all the rumors and what not..
    http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=243
    Every NBA there is there for your viewing.

6. RSLvictorSOTX

CP3 in the mix with LBJ and CB4 = Champs in the making!

Paul open to trade from Hornets

By Chris Broussard
    ESPN The Magazine
    Archive

With trade speculation swirling around him, Chris Paul said Wednesday that he's open to a trade if the New Orleans Hornets aren't committed to winning championships.
    "My first choice is to be in New Orleans,'' Paul said in a telephone interview from London. "I just want to make sure we're committed to winning. If we're not committed to winning and trying to get better so we can contend with the Lakers, the Celtics and all these other top teams, then I'm open to being traded.''
    [​IMG] My first choice is to be in New Orleans. I just want to make sure we're committed to winning. If we're not committed to winning and trying to get better so we can contend with the Lakers, the Celtics and all these other top teams, then I'm open to being traded.
    ” -- Chris Paul ​
    Reports that clubs have been making offers for Paul surfaced earlier this week. Hornets general manager Jeff Bower denied that the club was shopping its three-time All-Star point guard, but admitted to having dialogue with other teams concerning "all of our players.'' New Hornets coach Monty Williams said he expects Paul to remain in New Orleans.
    But around the league, speculation remains that the Hornets may move Paul. With owner George Shinn's proposed sale to Gary Chouest being delayed for financial reasons, opposing executives believe New Orleans may have to trade Paul and the $50 million owed to him over the next three seasons.
    "If George Shinn can't sell the team, I think Chris Paul will be traded," an executive from an Eastern Conference team said. "Shinn's strapped for money. He's going to have to move him."
    Paul said he does not have a wish list of teams he'd like to play for and emphasized that his desire is to remain in New Orleans -- as long as the Hornets are doing all they can to compete for a title.
    After reaching the second round of the playoffs two years ago, the Hornets have been on the decline and failed to make the postseason last year. Opposing executives aren't convinced the club has the financial resources to build the team into a consistent contender.
    "I'm fine with staying in New Orleans, but I want to make sure we're committed to winning," said Paul, whose been lauded for the community work he's done in New Orleans. "I don't want to rebuild. I want to win now. It's nothing personal against the city. I love that city. But my biggest thing is winning."
    Paul admitted that the free-agent frenzy surrounding LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and others is making him long to be in the best possible situation in terms of winning.
    "I'm friends with D-Wade, LeBron, Chris Bosh, Joe Johnson and all these other free agents," said Paul, who's in London promoting his Brand Jordan sneakers. "I'm watching them try to figure out what they're going to do to put themselves in a position to win championships. I'd love to be a part of that stuff."
    The reported offers for Paul have been rich in talent. Orlando has reportedly offered Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter, though Magic GM Otis Smith denied it. And New Jersey, which has had several discussions with the Hornets, has reportedly offered Devin Harris and the No. 3 pick in Thursday's draft. Both trades would give the Hornets good talent and save them money long-term.
    While Paul did not say anything about playing with James, it's well-known that the two are close friends who would love to be on the same team. If a club with significant cap room, such as New Jersey, landed Paul, its chances of getting James would certainly increase.
    Chris Broussard covers the NBA for ESPN The Magazine.

7. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

8. RSLvictorSOTX

That's the word spreading in L.A. during the Finals;)! However, the posturing from the Nets can't be discounted nor the distant lure of the Clippers if indeed David Geffen can snatch off Don Sterling's (vise grip-like hold on his 51 percent ownership) controlling interest:D.

Man, you look like you are excited about LBJ and Bosh playing in Chicago;). I for one wanted the Raptors to get big big help for CB4 so that it can be a viable entity in the long run, otherwise it'll end up like the Grizzlies moving town (country). They had Vince and Tracy in their primes and let go, now they are letting CB4 off as well:mad:? Hah:mad:!

9. RSLvictorSOTX

Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson is reportedly agreeable to sign a 199 Million 6-year max contract:cool:! Well, I say take it JJ, being paired with whoever is no guarantee that you are gonna get a ring, take the money and invest it wisely:cool:!

To the Hawks, retain JJ in because, can't see them getting any max contract player in return:eek:.

The Knicks looks to be the biggest loser once they miss LBJ and CB4 b'cos by the time they realize it they would also lose David Lee (then, they'll be even worse) for nothing:rolleyes::rolleyes:!

LBJ is not making the rounds but instead letting the suitors come to him, in a way it's like giving back to the CAVs (in case he bolts, he's gonna say I did try hard to convince myself to stay in Cleveland but HAS TO GO!).

IMO, the NETs has the upper hand on the LBJ spin machine! Chicago? It seems they lose momentum once the NET's gazillionaire got into the mix w/ Jay-Z:cool::D;)!

Heck, sign Bosh the max deal at Toronto and bring in LBJ, same deal or thereabouts, ha ha:D:D!

Meanwhile Bosh is being courted by the Rockets to pair up with Yao Ming, two big man:D:D! Awesome;);)!

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D Take the money and lose it like Scottie Pippen :rolleyes: *impossible is nothing*;)

11. RSLvictorSOTX

Hey, tell me more abour Sottie Pippen, isn't he playing in Greece or somewhere now;)?

BTW, TYPO ON JJ's CONTRACT, SHOULD BE 119 MILLION not 199 MILLION!

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

"JJ, HAWKS REUNION CLOSE
    The Atlanta Hawks have offered Joe Johnson a six-year, $119 million contract, two NBA sources told SI.com. Multiple executives believe that Johnson is likely to sign the deal and remain with the Hawks.Hawks GM Rick Sund delivered the offer to Johnson in Los Angeles shortly after midnight Thursday. Johnson then met with coach Mike D'Antoni and a group from the Knicks with the Rockets and Mavericks on hold for meetings later Thursday."
    --Chris Mannix

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/06/30/free.agency.buzz/index.html#ixzz0sSXBFYLL

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

14. RSLvictorSOTX

15. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

LBJ has finally gotten with the times with all the other NBA players who have twitter ;)

16. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

So it's official Bosh signs to Miami. (5 Years & $96 Million?) This will take off the scoring load off Wade. So sad to see him leave. 7 years with the Raptors & he's done great things for this organization. I wish but nothing but the best for Chris :)
    As for the Raptors I can see Bargnani scoring go up, as well as the young guns (Derozan, Weems)
    We won't have to worry about Bosh carrying the load of the offense, as it's more of a balanced team effort, with Jack's leadership. Let's see what moves Bryan Colangelo can pull off this off-season.

17. RSLvictorSOTX

It was a gentleman's agreement... ...they have yet to sign on the dotted line;). I wonder if LBJ is gonna stay put or bolt;)! maybe we'll know in 24 hours:eek:?

18. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Friday it will be official, no worries ;)
    And yes! LBJ holding a press conference...gahh too bad i'm working today. Do you know what time the press conference is going to held at?

19. RSLvictorSOTX

Looks like he is not sure himself (or just wanted to wait till the last minute). Miami should be the front runner now, Cleveland though w/ Coach Scott will definitely drum up LBJ's interest, however, there's no news of which pieces will be added if he stays. Amare is tweeting him to go to NY (seems the chance have deteriorated though he might actually go there.) and the Nets is still in the playing field.

Personally I like his chances w/ the Nets because he can start anew, the Nets said they are bringing in David Lee (the current/only face of the knickerbockers), so there's your power forward that's proven too and then some more coming in. With Miami, it is actually Dwayne's team. In Chicago, it's really Derrick Rose's team. NYK, I don't know.

Now what happens to your Raptors? Draft another Vince Carter, T-Mac and Bosh only to let them go at the prime of their careers?