li ning racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by kennyhks, Jun 21, 2010.

1. kennyhks

kennyhks Regular Member

does any1 noe how high is d max tension 4 li ning woods 60 n flame 55?:confused:

2. kennyhks

kennyhks Regular Member

sorry....its n90...

3. Limau

Limau Regular Member

Jobless
    Kenny my man, how much you bought yr n90???

i dunno much about the tension, but i believe good rackets like yours could easily handle 26 to 29 lbs digital

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Are u in the wrong side of the track?

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    35... should be alright... I head Chinese Players use 35!

6. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    35lbs is seriously very high tension. for casual players, i think 30 already consider very high

7. calvin_tiffy

calvin_tiffy Regular Member

student
    I think for woods N90,you can put up to tension 29 the most. Rackets that are above 30lbs are normally used by professional players or national players.It's special made for them.Besides,tension 28lbs is already good enough for you and your racket.If you put too high tension your woods N90 will easily break.Note that,although they say it's lindan racket,but i am sure that his racket is somehow different than what we can buy outside.XD

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Of course this is not true. Any carbon graphite racket, even the cheap ones, can be strung at high tensions. Only wooden and aluminium rackets cannot withstand the high tension. However, this assumes you use a stringer who knows what he is doing.

9. calvin_tiffy

calvin_tiffy Regular Member

student

Like what you say,even the cheap ones can be strung at high tensions,yes it can! But it's easily to be broken.As i know yonex racket(cheap wan)can only be strung up to 26 only.Perhaps u're rite that way..D

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    This is a more complex topic than meets the eye. See if can make any sense of what I am saying here.
    The problem is not in the racket, assuming it is a carbon graphite racket, but with the stringer. If properly mounted any cheapy carbon graphite racket can be strung to 32lbs without stress. Once the racket has been strung the main strings and the cross strings equalize out, resulting in almost zero distortion or stress.
    Now comes the more difficult part. The best rackets break more easily than the cheapy rackets when subjected to a racket clash, due to its stiffer frame which makes it more brittle.

11. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    Tanapeek is correct. So if you can find a good stringer all will be well. However....

The main problem with high tensions comes when the strings break, if you don't cut them quickly (and correctly to even out tension on the frame) then the racket quickly deforms and can break. I have seen someone who strings there racket at 30lbs not cut the string instantly and it became a circle, then they cut the strings.

Having said that unless you have the right technique then high tensions just hurt your arm.

If you can't find a good stringer then any tension could break the racket. But a good stringer should know there own limits and will say ok I'll string that to that tension, or they will say they are unhappy doing so. They will also ask your level of play and if you are sure you can handle the high tensions (if they have never seen you play before).