User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 75
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Has LCW won any 1st tier tournaments?

    I'm new here...but I want to ask, have LCW ever won a 1st tier tournament yet in his career?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    I'm new here...but I want to ask, have LCW ever won a 1st tier tournament yet in his career?
    what kind of 1st teir tournament?
    olympic?
    world championship?
    all england?

    if we consider the player who still yet to retired
    only taufik and lin dan won olympic gold
    only lin dan and taufk won world championship
    only peter gade,chen jin,lin dan and lee chong wei won all england

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Has LCW won any 1st tier tournaments?

    Hello fellow badmintoncentral-ers, I'm new here so please excuse my noobiness .

    My question is: has LCW won any 1st tier tournaments up to date?

    I'm asking this because I was debating with a friend whether LCW has won any 1st tiers or not, and my friend brought up the fact that LCW won the 2010 All England. However, is All England even considered a "first tier" tournament? I know that the Olympics and WC is considered 1st tier for sure...but what about All England?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    what kind of 1st teir tournament?
    olympic?
    world championship?
    all england?

    if we consider the player who still yet to retired
    only taufik and lin dan won olympic gold
    only lin dan and taufk won world championship
    only peter gade,chen jin,lin dan and lee chong wei won all england
    I see, but I'm confused about if "All England" is considered a 1st tier tournament or not? Because I always thought All-England is considered to be a Super Series....its just that AE is the most prestigious SS of all? Are my wrong? O_O

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    I see, but I'm confused about if "All England" is considered a 1st tier tournament or not? Because I always thought All-England is considered to be a Super Series....its just that AE is the most prestigious SS of all? Are my wrong? O_O
    yes until 2010 as in 2011 their will be 5 premier super series^^
    hope that help u

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    yes until 2010 as in 2011 their will be 5 premier super series^^
    hope that help u
    Yes...but I thought that the 5 "premier" SS are just the most prestigious out of all the SS, even though SS in general is considered to be "second tier" tournys?

    Wikipedia:

    "The BWF Super Series is a badminton tournament introduced by Badminton World Federation (BWF) in order to improve the quality of the sport. The second-tiered badminton tournament is played in twelve countries..."

    "The Thomas, Uber, and Sudirman Cups, the Olympics, and the BWF World (and World Junior Championships), are all categorized as level one tournaments."


  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    Yes...but I thought that the 5 "premier" SS are just the most prestigious out of all the SS, even though SS in general is considered to be "second tier" tournys?

    Wikipedia:

    "The BWF Super Series is a badminton tournament introduced by Badminton World Federation (BWF) in order to improve the quality of the sport. The second-tiered badminton tournament is played in twelve countries..."

    "The Thomas, Uber, and Sudirman Cups, the Olympics, and the BWF World (and World Junior Championships), are all categorized as level one tournaments."

    we consider as major in badminton central(wc,og,ae,tc,uc,sc)
    not consider by tier

  8. #8
    Regular Member lcleing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How about Asian game?

    Consider Major? Only TH have won that IIRC.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    How about Asian game?

    Consider Major? Only TH have won that IIRC.
    wait until lin dan won it
    then asian game will be considered
    because eventhough lindan said in press interview that taufik is still greater than himself by holding 2 asian games gold,his fans doesnt admit that

  10. #10
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    How about Asian game?

    Consider Major? Only TH have won that IIRC.
    should not be considered a major tournament because its not major

    only asian playing

    thats my opinion, of course!
    Last edited by pBmMalaysia; 06-24-2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: forgot one important word 'not'

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    we consider as major in badminton central(wc,og,ae,tc,uc,sc)
    not consider by tier
    I understand that AE is considered a "major tournament" by most viewers, but is AE technically classified as a "first tier" tournament by BWF standards?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    I understand that AE is considered a "major tournament" by most viewers, but is AE technically classified as a "first tier" tournament by BWF standards?
    no
    because the tournament held by england ba
    while wc,tc,sc,uc was held by bwf

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,132
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lcleing View Post
    How about Asian game?

    Consider Major? Only TH have won that IIRC.
    Among Asian players (and many fans) it is considered major but since it's not BWF sanctioned & doesnt include players from all over the world, other members consider it's not. We had a discussion on this some time back.

    So, if not considered, badminton individual has 3 majors : OG, WC, AE, LD has won all 3
    If considered, then 4 majors : OG, WC, AG, AE, Taufik has won all except AE, the AG 2 times

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    no
    because the tournament held by england ba
    while wc,tc,sc,uc was held by bwf
    But the Olympics is not held by BWF, and yet its considered the most prestigious 1st tier tournament in badminton

  15. #15
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    limsy, i never noticed that until now

    thought it was all the while under ibf then bwf

    maybe england ba older than ibf/bwf ... lol

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So in conclusion, the tier one tournaments in badminton are:

    OG, WC, TC, UC, and SC. AE does not count correct?

    Wikipedia:
    "The Thomas, Uber, and Sudirman Cups, the Olympics, and the BWF World (and World Junior Championships), are all categorized as level one tournaments."

    So if this is true...does that mean LCW technically haven't won any "tier one" tournaments up to date??

  17. #17
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    So in conclusion, the tier one tournaments in badminton are:

    OG, WC, TC, UC, and SC. AE does not count correct?

    Wikipedia:
    "The Thomas, Uber, and Sudirman Cups, the Olympics, and the BWF World (and World Junior Championships), are all categorized as level one tournaments."

    So if this is true...does that mean LCW technically haven't won any "tier one" tournaments up to date??

    you join today

    start a new thread at 9:30pm - ''Has LCW won any 1st tier tournaments?''

    asking around for infor about tournament...

    and before 11:00pm you want to find out lcw technically haven't won't any tier 1 tournament up to date?

    very strange indeed!!

    over to you bcers.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Two Tier Super Series Proposed
    By cooler in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 11-10-2010, 03:02 AM
  2. OBA tournaments
    By staples in forum Canada East
    Replies: 1
    : 09-10-2007, 12:05 PM
  3. How do I establish my tier/circuit
    By Chimpan-A in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 05-22-2007, 01:32 PM
  4. 3 tournaments in a row..
    By Cheung in forum Thomas Laybourn Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 10-30-2003, 10:00 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •