User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    So we're back to AE being a major individual event then, mr. confused canuck newbie?
    I always agreed that AE is a major, for the topic of the thread, I was asking if AE was considered a tier one event, which I wasn't sure at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    I always agreed that AE is a major, for the topic of the thread, I was asking if AE was considered a tier one event, which I wasn't sure at the time.
    I see, good luck with hiding behind technicalities in your next "debate".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see, good luck with hiding behind technicalities in your next "discussion".
    Thank you Best of luck to you too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Topspin, welcome to the forum.

I hope you are not someone else using newly created Login ID but it looks kinda suspicious though.

Anyway, what titles won by LCW has already been addressed by our fellow members here. Make your own conclusion as it is very subjective since we don't classify badminton tourneys by tier. I can say All England is tier 1 but you might disagree with me but that doesn't deny the fact that LCW has won All England. Regarding the final point, I, as a Malaysian, felt sorry for his opponent. But hey, LCW did not cheat for the title. 10 or 20 years later, nobody will remember how he won it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin7 View Post

I hope you are not someone else using newly created Login ID but it looks kinda suspicious though.

Anyway, what titles won by LCW has already been addressed by our fellow members here. Make your own conclusion as it is very subjective since we don't classify badminton tourneys by tier. I can say All England is tier 1 but you might disagree with me but that doesn't deny the fact that LCW has won All England. Regarding the final point, I, as a Malaysian, felt sorry for his opponent. But hey, LCW did not cheat for the title. 10 or 20 years later, nobody will remember how he won it.
    Hey robin,

I agree that LCW didn't "cheat" to win the title. It's not his fault the linesman made a poor judgment. And you're right, in 10 or 20 years, nobody will remember how he won it.

But I do sort of feel sorry for LCW because even though he didn't cheat, deep down his heart he (and his die-hard fans) will always have a slight doubt that he truly deserved the AE trophy due to the poor judgment by the linesman at such a crucial point of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unlike 20 years ago, in our next 10 or 20, we have youtube or something even better.
    If the naive ones dunno, someone is already tracking how many toilet papers u have bought, unless one still live in a third world country
    with no computer, cellphones, etc..
    Last edited by cooler; 06-24-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    unlike 20 years ago, in our next 10 or 20, we have youtube or something even better.
    If the naive ones dunno, someone is already tracking how many toilet papers u have bought, unless one still live in a third world country
    with no cellphones, etc..
    You're right actually....sadly the videos of LCW's final point at AE 2010 will never go off the internet...

Sometimes I feel sad for LCW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right actually....sadly the videos of LCW's final point at AE 2010 will never go off the internet...

Sometimes I feel sad for LCW
    don't feel sad, lcw still have 1.5 years to prove up himself and rack up some major titles before he retires. Just cross your fingers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin7 View Post

But hey, LCW did not cheat for the title. 10 or 20 years later, nobody will remember how he won it.

just for the record, it was Robin7 himself who pointed out to me recently that Liu Jun of china beat Zhao JH of china because LYB fixed the 1992 All England MS final match. Jeez, how come he can remember thing like this happened 18 years ago? Preferential memory retention and retrieval system?? Cool
    Last edited by cooler; 06-24-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just for the record, it was Robin7 himself who pointed out to me recently that Liu Jun of china beat Zhao JH of china because LYB fixed the 1992 All England MS final match. Jeez, how come he can remember thing like this happened 18 years ago? Preferential memory retention and storage system??
    Because the brain remembers what it wants to remember, and forgets what it wants to forget.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread should simply change to "What are the tier 1 tournaments" and save some unnecessary debate of a particular individual, a la LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I do sort of feel sorry for LCW because even though he didn't cheat, deep down his heart he (and his die-hard fans) will always have a slight doubt that he truly deserved the AE trophy due to the poor judgment by the linesman at such a crucial point of the game.
    Has slight doubt? Why on earth would he think that? Cmon now, he won the title fair and square and does all LCW critics simply forgot he already claimed the 1st set and if Tago won that point, it still be deuce in the 2nd set? As stated before, some folks will continue to find fault on everything with LCW. The last point between TH and PG was also a big question mark, but things such as that happened, and players move on.

BTW, when the heck did this thread turned into "LCW in AE final's" thread??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has slight doubt? Why on earth would he think that? Cmon now, he won the title fair and square and does all LCW critics simply forgot he already claimed the 1st set and if Tago won that point, it still be deuce in the 2nd set? As stated before, some folks will continue to find fault on everything with LCW. The last point between TH and PG was also a big question mark, but things such as that happened, and players move on.
    Even though LCW did not "cheat"', it was still "unfair" for Tago.

At such a crucial point of the game, LCW made a mistake by lifting it too far, and Tago displayed an impressive use of judgment by leaving it out.Yet, the linesman made a mistake and the game went to LCW.

If the scores for game 1 and 2 weren't as close as it turned out (21-19, 21-19 I believe? not completely sure), then not many ppl will make a big deal out of this. But the fact that this match in general was so close, ppl can't help but have a "slight doubt" that LCW might not have pulled through without the help of the line judge.

Please keep in mind that I fully agree this wasn't LCW's fault, since there was nothing he could of done to prevent the mistake from the line judge (thus why I feel sorry for LCW).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though LCW did not "cheat"', it was still "unfair" for Tago.
    Life's not fair, but it still goes on. Eg: LCW and plenty of other players has been in the receiving end of having to play a much fresher china's player that benefits from LYB match fixing courtesy. Fair or not, that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin
    If the scores for game 1 and 2 weren't as close as it turned out (21-19, 21-19 I believe? not completely sure), then not many ppl will make a big deal out of this. But the fact that this match in general was so close, ppl can't help but have a "slight doubt" that LCW might not have pulled through without the help of the line judge.
    Everyone can play the what if game all day long. As stated before, even if LCW won the game 21-0, 21-0, there'll still be someone that manage to find something negative about it. Can't satisfy all the fools in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin
    Please keep in mind that I fully agree this wasn't LCW's fault, since there was nothing he could of done to prevent the mistake from the line judge (thus why I feel sorry for LCW).
    There we go, end of argument there (except for all those critics who like to manufactures nothing out of thin air).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone can play the what if game all day long. As stated before, even if LCW won the game 21-0, 21-0, there'll still be someone that manage to find something negative about it. Can't satisfy all the fools in the world.
    i see you are playing the 'what if' game too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see you are playing the 'what if' game too
    Cmon now old man paul, which part of everyone can you don't understand??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cmon now old man paul, which part of everyone can you don't understand??
    Quite bold of u to declare everyone is a fool too i must say

i see u got some reinforcement from the huangk guy

now we all can see the double standard on how treatment of personal jabs at bf member
    Last edited by cooler; 06-24-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast