Parupalli Kashyap కశ్యప్

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by geebees90, Jun 25, 2010.

1. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Hi Guys!!!!

I think now its the time to talk about this youngster from India, P. Kashyap performed great in Singapore Open, narrowly loosing to Sony and now in INA Open narrowly lost to Taufik.......Who thinks that this guy will make it to Top 10 in 1 or 2 years? and who thinks he can't??

His jumps are as high as Lin Dan's, Much higher than Sony.......He was like flying but his shots weren't so angular, Powerful / fast..........

2. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    He's been performing well recently and seem to be gradually doing better and better.

Definetely deserves his own thread. Who has good info on this prospect?

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

In the Singapore Open it was not only his physical skill that impressed, but also his mental composure.
    Despite the high pressure he usually played smart and patiently. That sort of confident calmness will serve him well. :) Good luck to Kashyap!

4. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

What I am impressed is with his improvement. Not long ago, just at the All-England, he lost to Malaysian back-up player Chong Wei Feng in the first qualifying round. Now, he is giving good fights to top players.

5. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    I forgot to mention that I met him at the Pakistan International Challenge 2007, He lost to Canada's bobby milroy in three games and seemed to be very skillful and now he proved it.......Hopefully he will bring a change and we will see some non-CHN-INA-MLY-DEN players in the top 10...........

6. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

some decent performances indeed, how old is the guy?

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Kasyap's dream is to beat TH...he wanted it so badly..
    again during INA Open..he asked how to beat TH...well...he had a chance but he was too eager to finish it off...
    Since then..he kept watching TH playing even in final between TH and LCW and he was there to watch and hopefully he finds a way to beat one of his idol..TH

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yupp..saw this guy play against Taufik during Thomas Cup. He surely have the ways to beat taufik but his mental is just not strong enough. And yeah, i hope 1 day he can beat taufik..:)

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    new generation of Indian players who likes to attack... & play fast

11. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

Definetely not a young prodigy like Chen Jin / Saina Nehwal. I heard that he's been a while. I remember a few years ago he spent quite some time in malaysia training. No one took him seriously then.

Years have past and every year he seems to be able to make progress. small steps not giant but these small steps now equal a great distance of progress. You can't take that away from him and I believe this is the reason ppl are taking notice.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic:
    ..i don't think Chen Jin is considered a youngster; he's about the same age as Kashyap..:p

13. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

OIC. i understand you better now. I did not say P Kasyhap was young. You must have mistook me for geebees90 the thread starter who called him a 'youngster'.

Chen Jin is not a youngster anymore but he was definetely a 'badminton prodigy' in his 'younger years'. Unlike P Kashyap who was a 'nobody' when young but now at least earning 'some' grounds for respect.

I hope I worded my sentences to your satisfaction.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..yeah, the "youngster" comment was in reference to the 1st post; no mistaking you or Dreamzz..

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Well, one who works harder than the rest can still try to catch up with the more talented ones. :) \
    But P. Kashyap most notable improvement is this year, from losing to Chong Wei Feng in the All-England qualifying rounds to having SF achievement in Singapore and giving tough fights in TC and IO.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    In quest to beat the Hidayats, Kashyap builds mental muscle

Nihal Koshie
    The Indian Express
    Posted: Mon Apr 25 2011, 00:42 hrs New Delhi:

Full report:
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/i...idayats-kashyap-builds-mental-muscle/780791/1

Parupalli Kashyap, India’s top-ranked men’s singles player going into the India Open Super Series, believes he is on the cusp of raising his game that required notch to beat the best consistently and enter the top echelon of world badminton — first into the top-20 and then the top-10.

Kashyap, ranked World no 23, knew his will and skills will be tested when the draw for the Super Series was announced, with former Olympic, World and Asian champion and current World No. 2 Taufik Hidayat in his half. While Kashyap is expected to get past World No.85 Michal Matejka, Hidayat will play a qualifier in the first round.

His record has been one of so-near-yet-so-far against the world’s best. Kashyap faced Hidayat in the opening round of the Indonesia Open Super Series in June 2010, winning the first game 21-12 against the home favourite. Within two points of an upset, Kashyap lost the second game 19-21, then went down in the third 16-21. In the Thomas Cup in May, he stretched the Indonesian before going down 21-14, 19-21, 18-21.

While Hidayat has remained an obstacle in Kashyap’s quest to gain ranking points, in October last year he was on a high after beating current World No. 5, Thailand’s Boonsak Ponsana 21-19, 21-19 to enter the quarterfinals of the Denmark Open Super Series.

“I need to overcome my inability to beat the best players consistently despite running them close. I tend to lose out when it matters most and I think it is a mental switch I need to turn on when I play the big points against them. My objective is to enter the top-10 by the end of this year. For that I need to beat the Lin Dans, Lee Chong Weis and Taufik Hidayats. The India Open is an ideal platform for me to lift my game in front of home crowd,” Kashyap told The Indian Express.

Mind over matter

In January this year, with support from the Olympic Gold Quest, Kashyap hired a mental trainer. “I have talked a lot to my coaches Bhaskar Babu, Pullela Gopichand and mental trainer Aabha Banerjee on what it takes to beat the top players consistently and enter the top-10. I have been in the 20s these past two years but now it’s time to raise my game further,” Kashyap added.

Since the last quarter of 2009, Kashyap hasn’t dropped out of the top-40. Between the start of February till the first week of March, he was placed no. 20 in the world.

Over the past four weeks, Kashyap has been training to be at his best physically for the Indian Open and the Malaysia Open.

Physical challenge

“Thankfully, I am carrying no niggles or injuries. I have put in a lot of hard work these past four weeks. I hope I don’t get an attack of asthma again. I don’t know what triggers it even though I am taking approved medication.”

On his way to winning the CWG bronze, Kashyap could not take his prescribed drugs for asthma, diagnosed six years ago, as his yearly Therapeutic Use Exemption certificate from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) wasn’t obtained. But, ahead of the potential clash against Hidayat, Kashyap will worry less about his wheezing and seek the mental tonic for an edge against top-10 players.

17. Bhinneka

Bhinneka Regular Member

he's an exciting talent as well

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    P. Kashyap - his journey

I confess I got this from off a blog site, and would like to submit the link. You will also find some more interesting information there about Indian badminton players.

http://mybadmintonbook.blogspot.com/2011/01/profile-of-parupalli-kashyap.html

P.Kashyap made an entry into the badminton world at the age of 11, when he first enrolled in a training camp being conducted by S.Mohd.Arif in Hyderabad.

Kashyap's father had a transferrable job, and hence later after he shifted with his family to Bangalore, Kashyap joined the Prakash Padukone badminton academy there. The Kashyap family stayed at Bangalore from 2000 to 2003.

While in Bangalore, Kashyap developed breathing troubles, and was often sick when at tournaments. The gravity of the situation was realized only when the family shifted back to Hyderabad again, and a series of tests confirmed asthmatic conditions, that threatened to put to an end his career in badminton. It was a tough time for Kashyap.

However after being diagnosed for Asthma, and with proper medication started, Kashyap started improving, and began to eat well & got back his health. Meanwhile Kashyap's badminton skills also kept on improving under the guidance of Pullela Gopichand.

True, a couple of things changed forever. Breathalyzers (inhalers) got added to his badminton kit to handle emergencies, and he needs to take a TUE certificate (Therapuetic Use Exemption) certificate from WADA every year, by undergoing tests & producing medical certificates, which is a tedious process.

But the good part is he can play badminton, and not only can he play, he can also compete against the best badminton players in the world at the highest levels.

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

He played like a crazy men against BP yesterday...

20. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

He's exciting to watch, but that's about it. He needs to work on his footwork, which can be all over the place, witness yesterday's match against Bonsana. He's got potential, but needs to vary his gameplay a bit. Smash, smash, smash ain't going to work against players like Gade or TH, or God forbid LCW or Lin Dan. They're just going to run circles around him. I don't mind all that screaming but once you start to scream towards your opponent it starts to become quite unprofessional.