Cyber Natural 100

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Tetra Ninja, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Tetra Ninja

Tetra Ninja New Member

Student
    I was wondering what stringing tension would somebody suggest on a Yonex Mp 100 2u with yonex cyber natural 100 string

2. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    mp100 is a great attacking racquet for smashing whereas cyber natural 100 will break very easily if you smash too often. Just seem like an odd combination of string and racquet to me. :confused:

3. Tetra Ninja

Tetra Ninja New Member

Student
    Igot it as presnt. so what string do u suggest then? bg88ti

4. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Hmm, I don't know how well the Cyber Natural performs but if you can, I would return it for a more popular string like BG-65, BG66 or BG85. If you can't, I would just go ahead and string it as you already bought it. You mine as well try it first before leaving it out to collect dust.

Yodums

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Why not keep the Cyber Natural and test it out? After all, BG65 is pretty cheap anyway.

6. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

I don't know what type of person he is... Whether he likes to spend alot of money on badminton or not. I just recommended to return it if he can to be certain that he'll get a well known string that has good reviews.

7. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    he has an Mp100...
    :p

8. Pre-emptive

Pre-emptive Regular Member

I have had CNG100 with my MP100 and Ti-10. I found the combination fine for me and the string quite durable. The string is relatively softer so you might want to add a pound of tension if you are used to stiff strings.

9. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

May mean very little. What if he saved up for 2 years for that? Does that make him rich ;)

10. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    expensive racquet and expensive string, you can just give it a try and see if you like it. as for tension on cng100, can't really comment on it since i've never really used it. seems like everyone here always string them high though.

from my friends who own mp100, most of them use bg-65 or bg-85 and both work really well for them. tensions are at about 24lbs usually.

11. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    if he saved 2 years for a Mp100, top of the line racquet i'd say he is a badminton fanatic... a guy who thinks badminton is a backyard sport wouldn't spend 200+ on a racquet to play with in the backyard ;)

12. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Ninja, I strongly suggest you try CBN100. It is a good string anyway (try to use search function on this forum) ... of course it may not be your cup of tea.

I've 2 MP100 and also used CBN100 twice. I don't think it is less durable than BG85 (or even BG80 too). If you compare with BG65, then I've nothing to say because as Kwun said before, BG65 just resists to break. :)

If you are hard hitter (like me), you may find CBN100 somewhat disappointing, especially during the first few hits - it won't give you the excited sound from strings like BG68Ti or BG65Ti. However, I believe it is (at least almost) as powerful as others.

On the other hand, CBN100 gives better control and feel for other shots. Since CBN100 is still not widely available everywhere, if you have chance to play with it, why not to do so ? Btw, your string will be broken in a few months. You can replace with other string if you don't like CBN100.

In my opinion, best combination of string, tension and racquet depends heavily on individual preference. You can't get the correct answer just by reading someone post, but from a number of testings yourself. In fact, you may not obtain the best result by applying the same tension and string on different racquets - you need to tailor it somewhat with the characteristics of the racquet.

p.s. I agree with other ppl said that CBN100 is a relatively strong string. If you are hard hitter (I believe so, otherwise you won't pick MP100), I also suggest you to go with higher string tension (like 24 lbs or above).