Good Doubles Raquet?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ezalee, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ezalee

ezalee Regular Member

I enjoy Smashing and driving a lot so I wouldn't mind a racket that is head heavy/fast maneuverability. What would you guys recommend? I hear the N50II is a good one to try or a Victor BraveSword 08. My previous Racket was a Nanospeed 9000X.

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I recommend SW35, the power from the racquet is really really good ! I find it much easier to generate power using the SW35 compare to other hard hitting racquets.

3. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Agree with teoky but not quite sure if SiW 35 is a good doubles racket but indeed it is a maneuverable and head heavy racket (slightly) with tons of power for singles play!

4. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    I have both N50 & N50 II, I personally feel that the N50 is a more balance racket that is more versatile for the double games, excelling in both in attack and defence, in power and control. The N50 II has an edge over the N50 in power but it sacrifices a bit of on control that I feel is very important for double games, that is quickness and being more refine in control over net play. If you are used to the NS9000X, maybe the N50 is more suitable to you than the N50 II (if you don't mind the older design and not so nice paintwork).

5. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

I use a Karakal Mtec 70 for doubles.
    It is the best mid / forecourt racket i've used so far. Very good for reflexive shots when needing to position the racket during the fast mid court exchanges or defending smash.

Smashes do not decelerate at the end like some of the lighter rackets sometimes would.

The one drawback is , your arm will get tired quickly if you are forced to hit clears from the backline repeatedly. Also it takes a lot of concentration to hit a backline clear if you are off balance or in a weird position.
    For me that would be more of a singles gameplay issue.

If anyone has suggestion on how to improve this weakness, i'd much appreciate it.

6. justbecos

justbecos Regular Member

Hi

I haven't tried either of the rackets you mentioned but the newer BS10 and BS11 both fit you description of slightly head heavy and pretty fast. I would guess BS10 would be near to the same stiffness as the NS9000X (this is just a guess I have not used this racket) with the BS11 a little more flexible. In comparison with some yonex rackets I have used (stiffest first) BS10>arc10>bs11>acr7. My understanding is that with the newest BS series rackets they have slight changed the frame shape to improve maneuverability over the older BS8 and 9

7. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Tantrum 200 should be your first choice then the Yonex AT900P. It matches your criteria, they are not as stiff as people would think and I would say that they are very decent rackets for players from advance beginner to professional . I got both and for MD I always use the Tantrum 200 ..BTW , the the BS11 is a total let-down, I had it and it is not a very responsive racket and it lack power

8. frostbite0deg

frostbite0deg Regular Member

Tech
    Try Yonex MP Limited.

9. bbi2004

bbi2004 Regular Member

Yesterday, I received my BS 10 from Mr. Eric and started playing, I feel it is fit for doubles. I recommend BS 10 for doubles.

10. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Hi, heard that Nanospeed 9900 is a very good racquet for doubles. However, some said that it is not good for smashing(no power) but some reviews said that the smashing is excellent. I'm very confused. What are the components that decide whether the racquet is good for smashing? Stiffness, Head heaviness, 2U/3U/4U, string tension?

11. justsomekid

justsomekid Regular Member

school
    the smashs' angle, power, speed and placement. a winning smash doesnt need to have tons of raw power but also it cant do well with angle alone. nanospeed 9900 is lacking some power behind the smashes but i believe dropping 1 or 2 lb in ur usual tension will fix that.

12. justsomekid

justsomekid Regular Member

school
    also nanospeed 9900s shaft is extra stiff, so u need alot of arm and wrist power to be able to use all of its power. i dont think any of the top end yonex rackets are for beginners

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

NS9900: world's best racket ATM

Great for doubles. Especialy when your prev racket is NS9000X, just imagine same speed and stiffness but extra powerful :D:D:D:D:D:D

14. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

actually it depend on the person , some may feel ns9900 very powerful , some will say it lack of power....it depend on ur technique......try it out and get the one u like.......=D

for me .....NS9900 is good for smashing........powerful enough......solid feel......and fast enough =D

15. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Thanks for all the info. I think I've made up my mind now :)