User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey lazybuddy, i havent seen any people from ny here. where in ny are you from? do you know any good places to get racquets because i am looking to buy a new racquet before the season starts.

thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, not too many ppl from NY area in this forum as I know. Including u, I think there are just total of 3 or 4, can't believe for such a major city, we are the minority here compare to CA area in US.

I live in Queens, which is the metro area. How about u? Which clubs u usually play in? We can surely share some information, as most of my clubs are kinda far from home (30 - 50 miles). U r talking about "season"? Sounds very attractive to me... Let me know that information, if u don't mind.

For racket shopping, I usually shopping online, since the only local dealer I know is www.nycbadminton.com. I think they are authorized dealer with Yonex, not sure whether they carry any other brands or not. I heard that deal is not bad, but I just hate to travel to the city at late night, so, never visit them before.

If u need additional information, plz let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well lazybuddy i am student at Smithtown HS in sufflok. Sufflok county has 6 varsity HS teams, including the infamous Miller Place team which has world records for winning some 300 meets in row. The kids on the teams there go to the olympic training camps they are so good. The best a team has done against them would be last season when our team only won, i believe 2 or 3 matches.

As far as clubs there is one in Miller place that i know of, i found it on the web but i cant recall the site. But if you go to any club its probably there because Miller place is the place for badminton on LI.

I am looking for a new raquet because i bought a yonex B-560 DF, which is like the most basic raquet there is. Last year was my first year playing on the badminton team so i had no clue what is was doing when i bought it, i just got it becuase it was 18 bucks from sports authority.The team allows the students to buy raquets through a store in miller place but they only seem to carry the basics and nothing really good at all.

I have looked at badmintonwharehouse.com and badmintonalley.com and i have found some raquets in my price range which is max $65. Im not sure of the difference between an isometric and other types of raquets. I am not quite sure what raquet to get, any suggestions?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$65 should give u a much better reacket than the one u r using now.

Please let us know the following, in order to help u min. the choices:

1. physical strength: arm / wrist

2. playing style: offensive / defensive

3. strategy preference: smash / drop / drive / clear

So far, i can only come with these issues now, we can discuss, and we can further expand the list if needed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the links, i have looked around the web and havent found much

1. physical strength: wrist

2. playing style: offensive

3. strategy preference: drive / clear (i like to smash any time i can also)

I really want a raquet that will last and is a good overall raquet.

I see on the links you sent me that yonex makes isometic raquets and they are around the same cost as other raquets in my price range. Are isometric raquets any good?

thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iso stands for the shape of rackets. Many manufacture makes iso rackets, not only yonex.

Yonex Iso series have many sub series: the high end ones can go up $200, while the lower end ones could be as cheap as $20-.

Which one u particular interested in?

By the way, send u a "private message" (also known as pm), plz check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well iso raquets and other raquets are around the same price. I need to know wether or not to get an isometric raquet or not. If you could sugget some raquets that would be good for me for $65 or under, that would be great

thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far, my vote goes to "Yonex Cab 8200 light", which is slight more than $65, if u add the shipping cost.

I recommend this, because I think it's overall features are good, within ur price range. Plus, 2 of my club members are using that, and they gave good evaluation on this model. One of the guys, is similar as ur case. He prefer the offensive smash style.

However, it's not ISO head, it's more oval shape.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another choice, I will go for YangYang Ti Woven series. I believe BadmintonAlley carries two lower end models (Yoga & Fighter? Need to check). Both of them are listed for $69.95. Plus shipping cost, it will be around $75, which is $10 more than ur current range.

Yang yang's racket is known for balance, light weight (compare to similar model in Yonex), and excellent value (generally cheaper than Yonex ones). However, I did not try these 2 particular models, just can't be 100% sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestions. Here are the raquets I am considering:

-Yonex Isometric 90 VFS

-Yonex Muscle power-22

-Yonex carbonex 8200

-Hi-Qua HQ-110

-Pointfore 5500 T2

-Gosen GraPower 330 Ti

Which do you think would be the best choice?
    Last edited by Gyro; 02-04-2003 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Gyro
    Thanks for the suggestions. Here are the raquets I am considering:

-Yonex Isometric 90 VFS

-Yonex Muscle power-22

-Yonex carbonex 8200

-Hi-Qua HQ-110

-Pointfore 5500 T2

-Gosen GraPower 330 Ti

Which do you think would be the best choice?

1. Iso 90 VF: Personally, I really don't like the VF series. I can get the necessary "feeling" out of these rackets. I know racket selection is personal preference, however, still not recommand.

2. MP 22: Very new model. Don't even know anyone here ever get a chance just to take a swing. MP is a good series for its high end model (100, 90/99, 80/88, 77). Down to MP55, there were some debates already. Not very sure about it.

3. Cab 8200: Safe choice. I know 2 ppl using it, and they are doing well with it. I took several swing with it, not bad for it's price.

4. HQ-110: According to the spec, not bad at all. The paint is nice, too. But never know anyone here using it. With my own expereince with HQ, should worth the $$$, especially with the life time warranty (still there)?

5. The other 2, never use them, never really know their spec... Sorry...

6. Alternate choices: Yangyang Ti-Woven Yoga / Fighter. Same $$$ as MP22. Generally, I trust the brand Yangyang for it's good quality and reasonable price. But never tried these 2 by myself.

Here's my vote:

1. Cab 8200
    2. Yangyang TiWoven Yoga/Fighter (already out of ur consideration???)
    3. HQ 110

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks i was leaning toward the cab 8200, until i found that they sell the mp22 now at the same price. Are muscle power raquets any good?, you say that they are high end and wouldn't that make it better than the cab8200?

Also i could not find a website that sells that yangyang raquet off their page, do you have one? You say the colors on thet HQ 110 raquet are good, well i cant really tell from the photo what colors is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Gyro
    thanks i was leaning toward the cab 8200, until i found that they sell the mp22 now at the same price. Are muscle power raquets any good?, you say that they are high end and wouldn't that make it better than the cab8200?

Also i could not find a website that sells that yangyang raquet off their page, do you have one? You say the colors on thet HQ 110 raquet are good, well i cant really tell from the photo what colors is it?
    Not all Muscle series are high end. Within Yonex, you have the Titanium series, ISO series and the Muscle series and within each series, there are high and low end racquets.

Yang Yang racquets are available at www.badmintonalley.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what do you think is better a yonex carbonex 8200, yonex mp22 or HQ110

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm.... don't get a gosen gra power 330ti. I broke that after my friend just bought it and got it strung 6 hours before we had practice.

My suggestion is if you want power, go for the MP 22. I'd also like you to check out the victor rackets at http://www.badmintonwarehouse.com They are pretty good rackets, but could be slightly out of your price range. Check out the Zenit Revival from Victor.

As an update on my situation, I'm getting a fat headache from researching. But thank goodness I have narrowed it down to the New 2003 Victor Phoenix 2000 and the Yang-Yang Jsmash 8500 tk, modified version of the Jsmash 8500. Now which one to buy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and while you're at it, check out the Victor Dominator Ti. For a racket with and ISO head and Ti mesh woven in at that price, its a great deal.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast