Most reccomended training place

Discussion in 'USA West' started by Fauxs, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Fauxs

Fauxs Regular Member

Do the Asian Study.
    Hey guys! I'm located in Cupertino, California and am looking for a place to take classes over the summer. I've been torn between Bintang, BBC, and GGBC for quite a while now, and i honestly cannot pick, all my friends either go to GGBC or Bintang and they are all very biased towards their classes, so, BadmintonCentral, Could you guys be so kind as to give me your input on which one i should take and why? I'm looking for a place that will help me better develop my skills as well as teach me new skills as i need to be able to be Varsity level by next year. Thanks!

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it depends on the coach. pick the right coach and go to where they are based.

you didn't specify which level you are at.

3. Fauxs

Fauxs Regular Member

Do the Asian Study.
    I'm intermediate level (JV2)-ish, and I'm looking for a coach that does Group Lessons. How would i go about picking the right coach?

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    See for yourself the different coaching methods used

Hi Fauxs,

As a coach myself, I would recommend that it is best for you to watch how the different coaching sessions are conducted.

Go and watch how the different coaching sessions are run and see for yourself the different coaching methods used.

5. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    Do you go to cupertino high? and i agree with Chris go to the coaching sessions and see for yourself. First hand I know bintang does a great job coaching. However Phu is now coaching up in SSF so he wont be at sunnyvale. Right now Minh and jacky are coaching and they still do a great job. However holvy is at campbell but thats about 15 minutes from cupertino, and I'm not sure if he doesnt group lessons because I've only seen him do one on ones.

6. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    In addition to the coach, you may also want to check out the class size - some are bigger, much bigger than others (maybe not the 3 you mentioned), with a main coach and 1-2 assistant coaches. You may see the main coach thinking he/she would coach you, and yet you end up being coached by his assistant (but paying the same full price). And check out the level/maturity of your prospective classmates. Ideally, you may want to see some in your class above your level. Then, of course, they each could have different training schedules, and frequency requirements that may not suit you, even though you like everything else. Some school might charge you 5 days training, even though all you look for is 3 days or less (and that's all you can afford). After much elimination, you may find that pragmatically you might not have that many choices.

#6 raymond, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  7. Fauxs

Fauxs Regular Member

Do the Asian Study.
    No, i do not go to Cupertino High, i go to Lynbrook, and thank you all for your help. I'm going to head to Bintang and GGBC sometime this week to check out the classes. Am i just supposed to choose one that appeals more to me or what? Kind of oblivious in this area.

8. nlan28

nlan28 New Member

Physician Assistant
    another suggestion:

i went to Lynbrook too =) Coach Radu has run a few clinics there with your coach Karen, you may have met him before. He is currently coaching in Cupertino as well at De Anza College (see below). Please contact him for special student pricing @ badminton.radu@gmail.com. good luck!!! go vikings! =D

BIO:
    Coach Radu Milevschi

Coaching Highlights:
    ... Radu Milevschi – Badminton coach since 2001
    • 2010: USA Assistant Head Coach for Thomas & Uber Cup Qualifier (Peru)
    • 2009: Assistant Head Coach for Junior Pan Am Games (Puerto Rico)
    • 2007: named by the United States Olympic Committee as USA Badminton Developmental Coach of the Year
    • 2006 – 2010: Bay Area Coach at GGBC, Smash City, Bay Badminton Club
    • 2004 – 2006: Yale University Badminton Coach
    • 2003 – 2006: Guts ‘n Feathers New England Juniors Coach (Massachusetts)
    • Radu has played competitive badminton since he was 10 years old. Accomplishments include:
    o Thomas Cup Qualifier for Romania
    o Ranked 5th in singles, 3rd in doubles by USA Badminton in 2005

Radu’s unique European badminton style is based on developing a multitude of shot selections that enable a player endless option to win the game. His program is designed for players of all ages and skill levels to receive professional guidance to improve footwork, strokes (net, drop, clear and smash shots), strategic and tactical awareness, and preparation for future tournaments. Radu’s innate patience, resolute determination, and absolute dedication to his students make his teaching style unlike any other coach. His extensive diverse coaching background allows him to tailor the program individually. You WILL see results!!

Times:
    Monday/Wednesday 1-4pm
    Sunday 10am-6pm
    21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
    Cupertino, CA 95014

Group, private, and team lessons are available. For more details and questions regarding the Badminton Program, please contact Coach Radu Milevschi at: badminton.radu@gmail.com

9. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    I heart radu was coaching at CBA now by one of their workers. If I'm wrong thats awesome, I was hoping to learn from him now I'm at de anza.

10. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    never mind he corrected me radu is still at de anza.

11. shreky

shreky Regular Member

forget about the coach and classes ..... if i were you i would go to where there are a lot of gorgeous girls ..... for some unknown reason my game always elevate when i play with beautiful women ..... and i also don't feel as tired after training :D

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Badminton coach and classes

Looks like you are more interested in gorgeous girls than in Badminton. :p:p:p