Need help and Advise

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jazzyuen88, Jun 29, 2010.

1. jazzyuen88

jazzyuen88 Regular Member

Servant
    To all Si Fu...

Last weekend during my badminton session I broke my son beloved racket
    'Yonnex Carbonex 21 sp'.

My son is 12 years old, he is actively involved in badminton for the school. He clocked about 8 hours weekly for his badminton training. He is playing single.

I am thinking of getting him a replacement 'Li-ning' racket .

Any Si fu here can advise me which model is suitable for him.
    I was actually looking at the N50, N55, N33 or N30 but I am also afraid that he is unable to handle it.

Please help.........thanks

Best Regards

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Cab21 is still available. If he likes it, why switch now? Also, I will suggest you to demo or try out LN racquets before you buy. Do not buy it without test it out a single game.

3. jazzyuen88

Servant
    though of giving LN a try since many people claim that the racket is good.

How to demo or try out so many model???

That why I did advise from guru here.

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I believe there are authorized dealer/sop in Singapore you can go. Ask to demo a racquet. I think you might need to pay a small demo fee. However, you should be able to get it back when you purchase from the store. Or ask the people who said LN is good. ask if your son can use their racquet for a few clear and other shots. Don't listen to people who claim it is good but do not own the racquet. My take on this is, if you tried and like it that much, why not get one since it improve his/her game so much?

5. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    why dont you ask him what he like (prob stick with the Carb21) , for a 12 yrs , it is more important for him to spend good money for coaching then buying a racket that cost $200 which he might be too worry to use in case breaking it. At the end of the day , a racket is only going to be as good as what you are !

6. druss

druss Regular Member

I've only tried the 90 and 50 and find the 90 too head heavy, probably too much so for a 12 yr old. The 50 was ok but not any better than many others.

Too much hype for rackets from a manufacturer who's only been making rackets for a couple of years.

7. thejym

thejym Regular Member

From what I hear, a lot of Li Ning rackets are very stiff. That's probably not the type of racket you should be giving to your 12 year old son (I have a 12 year old brother who plays about 10 hours of badminton a week). I advised my brother to go with something even balanced and medium-flex, and on top of that I made sure that the strings weren't too tight for him.

If your son has no complaints about the Cab21, I would say to get him a new one. Buying the most expensive racket will only cause you heartache if it breaks.

8. jazzyuen88

Servant
    thanks for all the advise.

Finally got him a Li-Ning Flame F360 and string with LN Ap 61 at 25lbs.
    Last Sat, we went for a solid 2 hours game.
    I was observing him he was really enjoying every smashing, lopping, netting else.....

I also noticed that his smashes were more accurate and powerful and better control during netting.

At the end of the day, the most important is that he is HAPPY.

Best Regards