Wilson Rackets - Your Opinions

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SharpEye, Jun 29, 2010.

1. SharpEye

SharpEye Regular Member

Hi all, it's my first post here after visiting for so long as a non member,

Just a general comment on the state of Wilson Badminton Rackets:

I have seen a mixed result from the perspective of Wilson rackets, and thought it would be about time to give my two cents.

I have used Wilson Rackets now for coming on for four years, and in all that time I have been nothing but impressed. I have had a good selection of rackets ranging from the classic ti-comp entry level racket I began with, and now more recently onto the n and k ranges of Wilson. Throughout my long history of Wilson racket use i have had nothing but good experiences. Excellent build quality and great responsive action. A big thumbs up.

I have had a fair use of a good range of other rackets from many other brands, and have really felt a distinct quality of play as a result of the Wilson products. Just thought I would share these thoughts as I have read allot of negative stuff and thought it worth chucking my hat into the ring :)

Please do share your thoughts or queries though, would be good to hear :)

2. TechKXL

TechKXL Regular Member

International Officer
    Ah yes, good Ole, Wilson Ti-Comp, 105 g racket, with outer T-join, hee hee, good times. Over the years I had ti-Comp, ti-Power Wilson Vision V12 (super light, super quick, 4U), Wlson Vision V4 (super stiff (wayy stiffer than Yonex's 'extra stiff' shafts), super slow, but super powerful), and my favourite to date, Wilson Ncode N3. Please bear in mind I also have Yonex rackets (Armortec 900P/Nanospeed 8k) and Apacs VH18/1700 series & a Karakal Tattoo racket. I don't find the N3 any inferior to those other rackets, of course, it doesn't have power of Armortec of VH, but it's still a very fast, decent power racket, though for me, it only seems to go well with Ashaway strings.

3. SharpEye

SharpEye Regular Member

Good to hear there's others like me out there, I even took mine down to the court today for a bit of reminiscing, lol! Surprised me how great it was, although the string could do with replacing. Just wondering if anyone knows much about the Wilson n400, i was about to recommend it to a friend as a decent beginner/inter racket, any thoughts or experiences? I have used other n's but never this one.. im guessing it fairs pretty similarly, allot of the same tech is in it, just alot more flex too.

4. DannyMorello

DannyMorello Regular Member

Clerk
    hi.. i never use wilson n400.. but rite now i'm using KLite.. really love the racket.. maneuverability is excellent! control is good too.. always send the birdie where i want it to be..