Leesbadminton - Quick question

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Yodums, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

What type of shipping do they use? For example, Fedex Ground, UPS Ground, Canadapost Expresspost etc.

2. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    i suggest you get in contact with the personnel there first, that order list doesn't look completely safe.

3. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

I did. I was just wondering whether someone could have gave me a quick response.

4. Winning Touch

Winning Touch Regular Member

I've ordered from them a month ago and they've sent it by Canada Post. They seems to be quite reliable. It took 1 1/2 working day for me to receive it in Mississauga;) :cool: :)

5. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

How much is shipping? I'm thinking of having it shipped to a stringer instead of spending $40 on gas driving around looking for the place all afternoon. :eek:

6. Winning Touch

you may want to check out their new website: www.leesbadminton.com For delivery, they charge me $6 CN for small package and $12 for larger package. For C.O.D. it's $5 plus shipping charges. Amazing they've their team pics too! You know any of those nice looking gurls?:D :D :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

7. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    yes please don't hit on my friend

hahha

8. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Thanks that you told me they send by Canada Post. I really like Canada Post, at least better than UPS (If you guys didn't know they treat their packages very poorly, I've had people had computer cases with a groove in the panels etc).

I just ordered the Yonex 624 bag ;)

Man it is hard communicated with people who spend English as a second language especially when you have a long street name! :D

Thanks in advanced.

They also ship first to you so that's great! :)

Yodums

9. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    whats the 624 look like? i'm in the market for a bag too :p

10. x-er

x-er Regular Member

hm..buying things from lees

i don't have anything against lees badminton but as a by stander and someone has purchased mp 88 from them.. their stuff is quite expensive. if you ever get a chance you should call yo's sports the pricing is a little better.

or email:koyoho@hsm.com

and i have no connectiong if the store.. but just that lees equpiment is just a little over price and you might wantt o try browns sports too at jane station at the western part of toronto

11. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

http://www.prosportuk.com/prosportuk/rakt/bac/624/624_bac.html

I was going to order a 324 bag but it was discontinued (Ironic because the 324 is on Yonex's website but the 624 isn't).

They said the 624 was alot better because it had more room than the 324 ever did regardless of what Yonex advertised. I just asked whether it would have room for my 2 racquets, shoes and accessories or what not.

x-er, does Yo's have some sort of website? The reason I chose Lees because they are well known throughout these forums and they have an online site.

12. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    yes i am a regular of Yo's, but i do chk out stuff at Lee's.. never brought from them though. How much did u pay Yodums? that racquet bag was what i was looking at, at Yo's.. its going for 45$ tere.. but then again he doesn't ship.

13. wunderbar

wunderbar Regular Member

Re: YY 624 bag

I was at Yo's this xmas and the price of the 624 at that time was $48 and was the same at Lees I believe. Yodum, depending on what you're looking for in a bag, I didn't like the quality of the 624. I was going to get one myself but it once i saw it, it changed my mind. It looks good on the site but feels kinda cheap. I think the 324 is even better quality. My own opinion but the it doesn't seem very durable (ie. if some sharp them scratches it, I could see it ripping.) Personally, I'd go for the 2224 version. Its like $78 but much better quality. A guy at my club has one and I'm thinking of getting one for myself. I think Yo's is cheaper for the racquets (depends if you really know the guy) but for the bag, I think its about the same. Hope that helps.

14. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Yeh... I haven't really checked out the material but right now a racquet bag is sort of a necessity since I stand around in the cold alot catching buses and all I'm thinking bout is how my racquet is feeling LOL :)

I'm sure it won't get scratched as my racquet bag doesn't even have scratches on it.

15. x-er

x-er Regular Member

YO's does have one a website but don't think it works
    you can try
    www.yo-sports.com
    oh yea the accessories are around the same price but howevery thr racket prices are slightly a little better.. like lees badminton's gosen rackets are a total rip...
    buy them over sea at
    www.badminton.net is much cheaper.

and yes i do agree that YO's equipment is not the cheapest but still better then Lees..
    you can say i like yo's better because they give me a to my door stringing service.

16. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    to your door? what is that? they deliver? is there extra charge?

17. Winning Touch

To be honest, I'm a customer of Yo's, Lee's & Browns. The price & service at Browns is the worst. Yo's service is the best, however, the technique & quality of stringing is far worst than Lee's. I've asked to string my racquet at 22 lbs (quite common), but I got only 18-19 lbs. I was very disappointed. Yo's guy is a very good salesman, but when it comes to the quality, I prefer going to Lee's. The staffs there may not be the most socializing sales, but I appreciate their honesty. I'd rather have them told me the truth than selling me the products & services without responsiblities! What do you guys prefer?:p

18. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    it is possible that it was not owner of Yo's that string your racquet, perhaps it was one of his assistants. As for me i mainly prefer Yo's more. the pricing and quality is fine with me, they will do price matches with you, and prices are somewhat negotiable. i got my racquet strung 4 months ago with 65ti and it seems like it has not lost any tension :) (21lbs) and that seems somewhat different from people who get their racquets strung after me and their tension is low already.

19. Winning Touch

But I'm sure that particular time was strung by Yo 'cause he's the only person in the store & also he handed the racquet back to me in person. Anyway, good to know that the racquet we send to Yo's are not necessarily strung by Yo himself. So the quality is depending who strung the racquet. :( :( I was very disappointed at that time.

By the way, how many times you play in a week? I'm really surprised to hear your string didn't lost any tension at all! It's quite normal to loose some tension one way or the other!:confused: :confused: :confused:

20. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    haha u make me sound so weak. and maybe i am :p

or maybe i'm just going crazy about how its still around the same tension.
    as for the other person stringing it, i could be wrong, this is only an assumption as i saw a lady working on the stringing machine once.

i play around 3 times a week.. ranging from 2-4 hour sessions.. really depends on my school schedule.