Which racket would be geared for what?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Smithy88, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    I know people say your backup racket should be the same as your first but i have been wanting to try out a few different rackets and so far have

Singles:
    Carlton Fireblade Elite: BP-300, Head Heavy, Stiff - 94g strung

Doubles:
    Carlton VT Tour: BP-285, Even, Medium/Stiff - 90g strung
    Yonex AS100Ltd: BP-285 Even, Medium/Stiff - 90g strung

Doubles:
    Panda Power T2: BP-295, Head Heavy, Stiff - 81.5g unstrung
    Yonex AT900T: BP 292, Head Heavy, Stiff - 86g strung

So i have basically picked 2 different rackets for each (doubles i have Med/Stiff and stiff, will explain)

Soon will have the T2 this month but am looking for another singles racket.

The reason i have 2 of each of the doubles is because i play for 3 hours straight, getting in countless games. As soon as i am off the court i am pretty much straight back on. So during the night i feel i am not able to flex the AT900T as much as i would like for 3 hours but is still light enough that i can keep going. After that i like to switch to a more flexible racket. I have 4 for doubles as i play this more often.

As for a second singles racket i am torn on where to go. When i play singles i am offensive all the way, i like to smash that is why i have it geared for power. The T2 will have more control. As the Carlton is quite heavy and stiff i am thinking i should go along the lines of the others. Go for a lighter racket with possibly a bit more flex.

These are the 3 i am looking at:

AT900P - 5g lighter than the Fireblade and just as stiff
    Another T2 at 81g - might be pointless as i have a head heavy but stiff one anyway,
    Victor Bravesword - Probs closest to what i want. Medium flex so not as demanding as the Carlton should i get tired.

From peoples experience what would be the best to go for in terms of giving me all out power?