Looking for a even balanced to head heavy racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by LD rules!, Jul 5, 2010.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Hi
    Firstly, I am 1000% satisfied with my SW35, I am just looking for a even balanced to head heavy racket, for "rainy days"

Here's some critera:

Brand doesn't matter, Apacs, Victor, Yonex, Zelm, whatever. I am looking for 3u, like I have said, even balanced-head heavy. Sort of looking for an arcsaber type (that kind of balance) but with a slighlty heavier head.
    Stiffness, eh... Well as long as it isn't Flexible like the NS6000 then it doesn't really matter. Hope this is enough info, regarding what I want. Anyone got a suggestion. Doesn't matter what brand, but like I said, like an Arcsaber but with a heavier head.

Price range: doesn't really matter, $80-300, as long as it fits the description it's ok, it doesn't have to have any fancy technology.

Thanks in advance guys :)

2. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    i would say arcsaber 8dx mate a well balanced racket to (slightly head heavy some people might say).. i plyed with head heavy rackets most of the time and i also owned arc8dx, from my experience arc8dx is a well blnced racket it reminds me of my mp99 if not better thn it..

p.s. i also hve one arc8dx for sale if ur intrested.lol

3. thejym

thejym Regular Member

What about a Lethal 50/60/70/90?

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

i say ARC7/9. The ARC7 is hard to hate, and the 9 is head heavier and a bit more flexible, though not a 6000.

Also, if you want to stick to victor just in case, try the SW32, a solid, powerful racket. i think it fits your criteria even better

#4 jymbalaya, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  5. nz2010

nz2010 Regular Member

If you like even balance to head heavy then go for Arc10 stiff, or arc8dx extra stiff is slightly lighter than arc10. I don't think arc9 is head heavier than arc7. Both arc10 and arc8dx are pretty good smash power, try out for yourself.

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

thanks for the advice so far, Arc 8dx I haven't tried but from what I have read Arc8dx is a good racket, but I am looking for something with a bit more head heavyness, Arc 7, and 9 are too headlight as well. Arc10, is possibly a bit too head light for me as well, I would like something with similar head balance to Arc Z, but not with that stupid head shape. (I like the overall weight and head balance of the ArcZ, but not the head shape) also I don't want to spend a huge amount.

Can anyone give me a review of the Apacs Edgesaber Z ? I like the look of this racket ( I think i am one of the few who like the ArcZ paint job) if it is a even to Head heavy balance like the Arc Z, then I would like this racket, how does It play ? If anyone can provide a review or link me to one that would be great :)

Btw I am talking about the Edgesaber Z with the Yellow at the T Joint.

7. roy b

roy b Regular Member

LD,

If the Edgesaber Z is another Apacs clone, then wouldn't you have the same problem with the stupid head shape ? I've not seen the Edgesaber Z so don't know.

For my 2p's worth, how about a Kason TSF300A ? Lovely racket. Check out the reliable seller on ebay.co.uk, called something like kason-rackets. Price 69.99 GBP but you can bargain him down a bit :)

8. izzi-carbonex

izzi-carbonex Regular Member

IT Product Engineer
    Yonex Arcsaber 5, definitely !! Why? Because you cant have any perfect racket that best in both world. Both world in the sense of even balance but yet a bit head heavy and stiff, very hard requirement but Arcsaber 5 can provide u that !!!

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I will have a look into the Kason Rackets, I might try the edgesaber Z, if I can find one cheap enough regardless of the head shape, if it's $100 I am not too bothered. Maybe try a Victor BS10.

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I am sort of moving away from the Yonex scene, however I am very intrested in the limited Arc10 PG and ArcZ TH