Lunchtime in Redwood City, CA 94063

Discussion in 'USA West' started by cleargrip, Feb 3, 2003.

1. cleargrip

cleargrip Regular Member

Hi,

I am trying to ask the gym at Red Morton Community Center to let us play badminton during weekday lunch hours. Please contact me if are interested. My email address user ID is same as my ID in this forum, and the account is on Yahoo.com

1. I have asked about the possibility of Sunnyvale style of lunch time drop-in play at RWC several times. The staff in charge of the gym told us that Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually reserved for basketballs, but there is usually hardly any one on at least one of these days.

2. Currently we have three people interested in the idea (myself included.) We all work for companies with offices in the Pacific Shores buildings at the end of Seaport Blvd. Unfortunately the organisation in charge of the gym at the office complex refuses to install a badminton programme for us.

3. There is shower at the RWC gym.

__

2. cleargrip

cleargrip Regular Member

RWC mid-day open court trial programm

I just got word of this Saturday:

1. Starting in July and runs through the summer

2. Mondays and Tuesdays, 11:30- 14:30, $2.00 for residents and $2.50 for non-residents.

3. Three courts, in half of the gym.

4. There is a changing room with showers at the Red Morton Community Center, (1120 Roosevelt Ave, RWC, CA 94061, 650-781-7311)

5. Comments or questions can be directed to Lucas, Mon-Fri, 6:00 - 14:00, 780-7311.

6. Blacked out weeks are:
    July 14 - July 18
    July 28 - August 1
    August 11 - August 15.

Let's all participate so that they will give this slot permenantly to badminton. What do you say?

I will be able to play only one day per week, probably Tuesday. This would be a great opportunity for playing singles.

My email: the user id is the same as the id I am using in this forum. And the mail provider is yahoo.

3. cleargrip

cleargrip Regular Member

Nobody wants to play in RWC?

The trial programme has started. No shows yesterday.

Out of people I was counting on:
    -- Immigration issues / emergency 1
    -- Forgot to pack the bag 1
    -- Too busy 1
    -- New born baby 1

One thing I don't get is that the read count on this thread is slowly increasing, but I never got any response. Maybe it is the bots not any real reader.

4. cleargrip

cleargrip Regular Member

5 people turned up yesterday

We had indeed half of the gym, three courts.

How about it? If you work in / close to RWC? (It takes me 11 minutes to drive to the gym from the office building one way.)

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cleargrip.

good stuff that you are working on. it takes some time to promote the new opening times. there are a lot of companies near the redwood city area so you have a good catchment area.

however, i think you need to promote it better. BF is one place to do it, but you should also realize that 95% of the ppl here in BF won't even be living close to Redwood City. even i living in MV isn't going to go to RWC for a lunch time badminton.

i suggest you print out some leaflets and hand them out in various other open gyms. then you will get more ppl in your area attending. good luck!