After 6 weeks off

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by sporto, Feb 4, 2003.

1. sporto

sporto New Member

Student
    After having 6 weeks off from badminton i have found it very hard to get my timing and rythem back again. I continue to swing and miss which is embrarassing and drive it into the ground. What is a good idea to try and make it easier to come back too. :( :confused: :eek:

2. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    lol. Try 1 1/2 year of not playing. I know what you mean. The first time I picked up a racquet after a loong time, I kept missing easy shots. It'll get better after a while. I think. :D :) It probably will. :) :D

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Just take it easy on urself.

I can clearly understand what u r facing right now. After I came back from knee injury, I found out my control is totally gone. All my shots, even serves are easy too short or way out of bound in the first several games I played.

After several practice sessions, I slowly picked up my game, and started to get my confidence back. Therefore, as long as u keep trying, and doing what u consistently doing for the past yrs, u should be fine.

4. Yodums

Yodums Regular Member

Most people have been through this. I went 1/4 of the year without badminton and when I came back my badminton was horrible. Obviously I missed easy shots, my smashes were way off. Just continue to play and be aware of your mistakes and what was the cause and try to fix it.

You'll eventually get your game back, don't worry.

5. libra

libra Regular Member

I was out of badminton action for 5 years (12-17) and only picked the game up again when I was at uni. I suppose it take a few sessions to get back into the groove. However, I'm notorious at losing my touch very quickly. Two weeks away from the courts and I have to pick it up again... still, two weeks away = faster adjustment than 5 years!