AT900T Stringing Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Smithy88, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Just used my AT900T tonight and it came with BG-65Ti at 26lb.

I just couldn't get the hang of it, my Carlton Elite is stiffer with BG-80 at 24lb and my ARC100Ltd is more flexible with BG-65Ti at 24lb which in singles i could get used to my Carlton. Had a few games tonight, needed some easing in but go a good smash and amazingly good touch. My Arc100Ltd i can smash pretty decently with and gives me a very good touch as well.

So thats both ends of the spectrum really.

But i don't know where to go with the AT900T. Tonight i used it very much as a touch racket as i wasn't getting a good smash from it.

My AT900T is 4U and slightly towards the head heavy side. I'm thinking i might go for a sting that will tip a tiny bit more weight to the head to give it that extra kick.

Any idea on a string that could do it?

2. OHMAHGAWDZ

OHMAHGAWDZ Regular Member

BG65 is already on the thicker side, so you wouldn't be able to go much thicker/heavier. Microlegend XL is one of the thickest strings you can get, so you could give that a try. It is quite expensive, but feels much more flexible than BG65Ti, and has the weight that you're looking for.
    If you like the feel of the BG65 Ti and want a heavier head, keep the same string and add a bit of lead tape to your AT900T. Search these forums for lead tape and you'll find the information you need on that. I actually have some lead tape on my AT900T right now, and I really like the more head-heavy balance.

3. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Smithy

That's quite a jump from 24 to 26lbs. Before trying to change your racquet so quickly give it another week. Compared to Arc 100SE I'm not surprised you're having so much trouble. Arc100 has a flexible shaft compared to AT900T. I don't know the CArlton racquet to comment.

It could be that you're more suited to racquets with a flexible shaft and an optimum tension of 24lbs.

By the way, how do you know your new AT was strung at 26lbs? Did you request this tension?

You should be able to get a decent result from the Yonex string you're accustomed to. Perhaps there are just too many differences that the combination just doesn't work for you.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

4. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    I bought it used but had only been used for a short time. I play really well with either stiff or med, even or head heavy. I have used head heavy and stiff rackets for control before i just think 26lb is slightly too heavy. I don't mind BG65Ti but i think the strings may have needed changing. The shuttle seemed to slide off the strings. I am going for BG66 at 24lb, if i get along well with it as 24lb is my best tension for a combination of control and power i may change my ARC100 strings.

I'm still working things out when it comes to strings. Rackets i've hit the nail on the head for myself. Flex and even is good for me on the heavier side, around 85g+. I also play just as well with stiff and head heavy but at a lower weight of 81g+.

I could get an excellent touch with it which didn't shock me but the smash was slightly off, even though i have used very similar rackets and was hitting the sweet spot. As i said the shuttle seemed to slide of the strings when i went to smash with it.

5. druss

druss Regular Member

Most Ti strings have that "slippery" feel which is why I never personally use them.