User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 57
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Best Grip for Sweaty Hands

    Is the stickied review of Dinker Dan still applicable nowadays? I'm looking for a good grip for my racket because my current grip is kinda slippery because I have semi-sweaty hands. I already tried using a Karakal Wrist Band to minimize the sweat dripping from my arms to my hands but it is still no good. So I'm thinking it is really time to change my grip (my current grip is only around 1 month old).

    What grip do you guys recommend? Also, how do I know if I should choose a fat or thin grip?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada Eh?!
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Towel Grip? Lol...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No towel grips please, they harden very fast and get smelly.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shepperton
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    No towel grips please, they harden very fast and get smelly.
    I'm with you on that, i used to just have a karakal PU Super but the tackiness made my hand sweat. I then put a Yonex 102EX over the top and hey presto it worked. Its comfortable, spongy and my hand doesn't sweat anywhere near as much. Though i did find after as well a lot of the sweat was from my arm so i wear a wristband.

  5. #5
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The best will be the soon to be released Ultimate Grip by Racket Expert. They should be available within 2 weeks. Panda will do a review on them once he purchases and receives them.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation

    I too tend to get really sweaty hands while playing, however I cannot stand the feel of a towel grip, and as noted they do tend to get very smelly and hard.

    For me, after trialling quite a selection of grips I have finally found the perfect grip. The Wilson Micro-Dry Indoor Grip is fantastically grippy to my moist hands, and additionally, is really comfortable. It also contains 'Rayon' although I don't have a clue what this is, or what it does! lol. Additionally, the grip is (in my local shop) only £4.49 (British Pound Stirling), which is quite reasonable when compared to some of the Karakel Grips I have tried. It is also really long lasting and pretty hard wearing. It, to me, is the best on the market.

    Hope this helps, if you have any question please do ask :-)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the replies.

    @DinkAlot

    Is Panda the same as Dinker Dan? Well I can't wait for that Ultimate Grip, I hope it is well and good as expected by many.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    No towel grips please, they harden very fast and get smelly.
    There's a reason why towel grips are sold so cheaply compared to the other grips and yet most professionals also use it with a passion

    Anyway, if you really find that towel grips harden too fast (less than 1 week of use) then it's very obvious that you're not storing your racquets properly. Have you tried exposing them (recently played and sweated into racquets) in an air conditioned room rather than in the hot, humid environment of your car trunk, inside your bag or in a similar place? (This question goes out to all those towel grip haters who haven't even really tried the grip).

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I found that grip powder is a must when using towel grips. They both provide extra grip and also seems to keep the grips fresher for longer. Also important to air the racket(s) after play so I tend to leave the racket handle sticking out of the bag for them to catch a breathe.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    I found that grip powder is a must when using towel grips. They both provide extra grip and also seems to keep the grips fresher for longer. Also important to air the racket(s) after play so I tend to leave the racket handle sticking out of the bag for them to catch a breathe.
    Thus far from experience I have found that only the Yonex grip powder has that drying feature you talked about. Others I have tried like the Karakal grip powder smudges the cotton towel threads too easily and make the grip hard especially after drying if applied when very wet (not as bad with the Yonex grip powder on the other hand).

    Another good alternative is to have about two or three of the same racquet with towel grip and switch when the grip gets slightly but noticeably wet. This way even when no grip powder is used the grip will still dry up nicely and can last for a long time.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have the Meuler stickum powder but it works only a little. I don't want towel grips. I'm asking about good racket grips.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    (This question goes out to all those towel grip haters who haven't even really tried the grip).[/I]
    I hope by this you are not trying to imply that because I prefer not to use a towel grip that I have made this assumption up without trying a towel grip? Everyone plays differently, and have different prefernces, be that racket, string, clothing and in this case grip. If we prefer a non-towel grip so be it.

    And for your information I have tried numerous towel grips, they tend to get good air circulation yet still tend to be on the side of hard, the reason being as the moisture evaporates, the salt residue from the sweat tends to remain on the grip, and this is the part that hardens the material. This is not the only reason for not choosing a towel grip, also I feel the padded-ness of the grip, for me, tends to remove a certain amount of accuracy from my game. As accuracy for me is a big part of my game(I love line points etc) I dont want to choose a grip which will limit or remove the effectiveness of my game.

    BOOM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SharpEye View Post
    I hope by this you are not trying to imply that because I prefer not to use a towel grip that I have made this assumption up without trying a towel grip? Everyone plays differently, and have different prefernces, be that racket, string, clothing and in this case grip. If we prefer a non-towel grip so be it.

    BOOM.
    Suit yourself, your own game plan.

    Not implying your case since the beginning (honestly haven't even noticed your post until reading your complaint). If you have found your own solution to your own problem then why not just stick with it rather than worry about people trying to change your point of view? I don't think you're the one who is looking for help/suggestions in this thread. That will be a point of discussion in another different thread.

    Towel grip is still the foremost recommended grip for sweaty hands especially when someone is having problems with keeping the handle in place and not having the racquet slip away from all the sweat. Towel grips need to be managed properly to increase their durability.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Calm down guys. Honestly, I too don't want towel grips and I've already tried some. Towel grips are for super-sweaty hands. I only have semi-sweaty hands which I can solve by using good grips (I think). This is the reason why I'm asking for suggestions on good grips.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shepperton
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you all wear sweatbands because sweaty hands are also part due to sweat running down your arms.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do wear a wristband but it helps only a little.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    bump! 10characters.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sweaty Hands
    By ilostmybrain in forum Grip
    Replies: 18
    : 12-06-2010, 11:13 AM
  2. What grip for normal sized non sweaty hands?
    By shadowfuri in forum Grip
    Replies: 2
    : 10-18-2010, 08:34 AM
  3. Grip For Non-Sweaty Hands?
    By Phouma in forum Grip
    Replies: 5
    : 08-10-2008, 07:53 PM
  4. Grip for sweaty hands?
    By morton027 in forum Grip
    Replies: 11
    : 08-06-2005, 09:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •