JP Bags?

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Smithy88, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    This may seem like a dumb question but is there much point?

Ok i get JP rackets being a better quality than others but bags, really? A bag is a bag in my eyes. It zips up, holds all the stuff you need, what is the difference?

2. gary_seeker

gary_seeker Regular Member

Students
    Durability is one of the key point =). It made of better materials so it won't tear or wear easily. The comaprtment makes it easier for people to put their stuff, more details will come from tckang or ants who actually own those bag =). Me just happen to have Japanese friends who have JP bag (duh)

3. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Spose i'm just one of those people who's happy with what they're given. Don't see why they do it with bags, seems a bit off for a company to sell something that's the same as something else just made worse.

4. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Physically they MAY look the same (even that not exactly the case for some models)
    But the similarity stops there. JP bags has much more additional function, so much higher durability, last longer, more user friendly features than the similar non JP models.
    Just as one example :

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-My-BAG802AI-from-Japan&p=1310132#post1310132

I have friends who bought brand new SP 9826 and less than a month the shoulder strap snap.....In another case, the bag gave way while he is carrying it, spilling out all the rackets and stuff on the street.
    On the other hand, i stuffed so many things and 7 rackets in my 802-6 AI (JP equivalent) , been using it 6 times a week by walking to the court 15 minutes form home and back....so far after one year, it is still like brand new.

For me, i would say the difference in JP and non JP rackets are minimal....but in their JP bags and clothing, BIG BIG BIG difference. IF you wish to see valid proofs, you can fly over my house (at your own ticket), i have SP bags and JP bags and also SP clothing and JP clothing.

5. XLR88

XLR88 Regular Member

Student
  6. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    The differences i see are between mine and JP are:

A) Inside net pocket
    B) Label saying 'Shoes' - presumably for people who can't work out where the shoes go.

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    There are vast difference in JP and non JP bags. In these case.. i'm comparing Yonex Jp's and SPs bags.

1. Stitching is more precise and JP's have tougher threads in those most used area like carry area. So your bag does not tear even if you packed heavy stuffs in it. I've tried loading 20kgs of stuffs into a JP badminton Bag. Dont ask me what i load. The bag survived and im still using it once a while for travelling... and i have been using it for 4yrs.
    2. More threadcounts.. not comparing to your bed covers. Im saying in terms of Material used..whole JP bag is tougher. It is like comparing a samsonite to a normal luggage bag.
    3. Zippers... JP Zips is very tough. Some Zips looked like "forged" steel. To give its shiny look. And it is durable and non rusty.
    4. The Inner of the Zip does not "eat" the cloth inside recklessly when you pull the zip fast.
    5. The "paintjob" Yonex Logo and those small words painted on the bag does not fade, discolored as much as the SP bags.
    6. JP bags of the same model feel tougher and heavier than those of SPs.

There is alot of things i can mention here. Yes bag is bag. But if you are using a bag for a long time might as well get a better quality ones. If you like to change bags all the time.. i might as well suggest you to buy a cheaper one. Anyway it looks almost the same.

I hope this helps.

8. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    That may be the case but for what i put in it and how i take care of it it will last a good long while, i just don't get the point in making the bags like this and sending the worse ones around the world because:

a) no one here will order a JP bag because of the price and shipping when you can get one here.
    b) whats the point in making a bag the same just made a little worse. it makes sense with cars or tvs but not a bag.

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Aren't you answering your own question already? ;) Price, the point of making the same bag a little worse is the lower pricetag you can then put on it.

On a sidenote: this topic has come up a few times before already ...

10. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    well there are people who willing to pay for a JP bag, if you plan to buy one then, just let other people's decision do the speaking.

11. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Actually, that being the case, why are you complaining?

I had a YY non-JP 9-series 12 racket bag whose interior tore in its 3rd month. In comparison, my APACS and ZELM bags are better made and lasted much longer despite being more stuffed. Personally, twice the price for 5 times the longevity makes sense.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Tvs, Cars, Kitchen and household wares and even bags are made with different specs with the importer's/distributors request.
    Why not Bags? Even Samsonites have special ones that is made in Europe when the others is Made in China and India.

When comes to Yonex bags. Those JP specs is usualy for Japan Market Only . And others are made for international market with a lower pricing. If a person can take care of his/her bags.. go ahead and get a cheaper ones. Anyway the buyer is the user and spender... not others.

13. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Smithy88, alternatively you could consider the Yonex UK-coded bags. I have seen these bags in London and must say they are of much better quality than those Sunrise bags we get in this region.

14. jennyjohn

jennyjohn New Member

jennyjohn
    I think that mostly people like these bags, and willing to pay for a JP bag, I really like these bags because these are useful bag if you are planning to going out.

15. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    All in all, it is a simple "you get what you pay" concept in this scenario.
    If we are paying much more for the JP bags over Sunrise bags, and at the end of the day we are getting a 100% identical bag (both in functions and quality), then i think nobody will ever buy any more JP Yonex bags and it will soon go bust. ( i am not talking about JP/SP rackets, which is another separate issue altogether). Either that, or the JP bag buyers are a group of mentally challenged consumers, which i pretty doubt that. :D
    But this is again a free world, and you are free to decide which to buy based on your own priority, and financial capabilities.
    In a nutshell, are JP bags different from SP/TH/TW/CH bags? Hell yea, and by means a lot in terms of added functions and durability/quality. But are they worth it? It is your own call and decision. ;)
    Being a MINI Cooper freak, i can't help but to end with this analogy....
    MINI One is a nice Mini. MINI Cooper S is also a nice mini but cost almost twice the price of MINI One. Are both same in function? Yes, as a car. Physically they look quite the same also. But in terms of performance and enjoyment of drive? Totally different. Which one to buy? It is individual preference .......

Cheers.

#15 tckang, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  16. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

I'll go for the JP versions anytime. As for the Mini...I like the Clubman:D!