Arcsaber Z Slash and Nanonspeed 4500 issues

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by geegee188, Jul 8, 2010.

1. geegee188

geegee188 New Member

Hi all, i bought both of these raquets from www.[B]directsportseshop[/B].co.uk which i believe is a reputable and trustworthy online company. However i had the same problem with both of them in that when i start playing with them the paint work on the strings chips off really easily- i had only played a few rallies and the paintwork had already started to go on my nanospeed. I have had this raquet now for a few months and virtually none of the red yonex logo paint is left on the strings., Is this normal?. I recently bought my arcsaber z slash and used it for the first time today and after a very short game, again a lot of the red paint that forms the yonex logo has come off too. I have a really cheap isometric raquet that i bought for only £15 and have used for over 5 years but the paint work has not chipped off at all on the strings at all. The same applies to a yonex raquet that my friend has. Has anyone else experienced this too?. From what i gather, all the prefessionals that use yonex raquets don't seem to have this problem with their yonex raquets.

many thanks

2. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

This has nothing to do with the racquets themselves. It's got to do with the string and the ink that was used. The ink will fade away quicker on a slippery string like bg65ti. Anyway, the stencil ink fading away won't make your performance worse. TBH, the strings will last longer if the stencil ink isn't applied on the strings at all.

The professionals don't have this problem because:
    1) They have so many racquets and they get them all restrung so often and switch racquets every game.
    2) They can get away with breaking their racquets, so does the ink fading-away matter at all?

3. geegee188

geegee188 New Member

im just very concerned as my old isometric yonex that i paid £15 for and have played with for 5 years doesnt have this problem where as this one which cost almost £150 does and my other raquet was £80. both from the same place and both with the same issue-seems very dodgy to me. i have contacted yonex for advice

4. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Whether you have a cheap isometric or a high end z slash both won't have a performance on the racket itself. I myself played with a cheap carbonex starting in '05 then finally bought a new one armortec in '09 and the cheap cab's yonex stencil ink was completely gone, but it didn't affect my game at all.

5. geegee188

geegee188 New Member

i'm tempted to buy another z slash from somewhere else-somewhere i know is defintiely 100% genuine and see if there are any differences. not entrely sure that the raquets are as genuine or squeaky clean as directsportseshop.co.uk make them out to be.

6. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I just want to ask ... does it really matter if the paint comes off quickly from the strings? What is the big fuss all about? As long as the racket is genuine and the paint is only from the strings, I don't see the point in worrying.

7. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Exactly what I'm trying to say...

8. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    and I forgot to mention is that the thread title is VERY misleading...

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Is this a joke or something ? You are worried because the paint is coming of the strings (which tends to happen if you hit the shuttle in the middle) and you are thinking of buying another Z, to see if the same thing happens, because you think it may be fake. A cheap ISO, racket the paint doesn't come off, as it is a different paint, to on the Arcs, Ns etc.

Is this a serious thread or some kind of joke that I haven't understood properly ?:)

10. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    OK, it like somone saying, the tyres of my F-1 can only last 20min of racing, while the tyre of my old Civic can last 20k miles?

By the way, in a lot of countires, top end Yonex rackets come as unstrung, even if they come with stock strings, the tensions are probably very low. Interestingly, Yonex UK do tend to have top end rackets with strings delievered.

11. XLR88

XLR88 Regular Member

Student
    Thread title is totally misleading!!!!!

it all depends on what ink was used.

12. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Geegee

You have bought top end racquets from a very good source. They are not fakes. The stencil ink could be the issue and as many have already said, it fades or chips when you hit the shuttle in the centre. I have the same problem.

in my case I re-stencil the racquet to keep it looking good and that's it.

There is no way this is upsetting the performance of your racquet except for the fact that you're making a big deal of it and therefore your performance is likely to suffer because of your mindset.

With lower budget racquets, different strings are generally used. These strings have different properties and therefore react to the ink differently. Also, there can be differences in ink and some stick to the strings better than others.

Please, you have definitely purchased bona-fide racquets from this supplier and they will have used genuine Yonex string if you asked for it. So, there is nothing more the retailer can do.

If you don't like this, get your racquet restrung and ask them to refrain from stencilling the logo on the strings.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk