Karakal Tour Lite Gel as a singles racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Smithy88, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Been looking at this racket as i don't play singles much, generally in the last hour at my club when we have enough courts free. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with it? How much control is sacrificed? Should i go for the 2g heavier Tour to get more power?

if you've used them which do you prefer?

2. BobbyB

BobbyB Regular Member

Software Engg
    I have just tested for tour and tour gel for 30 mins each. For me I got more control with gel and didnt loose any power at all with the gel than tour one. I used a nano 100 in G4 grip size. My karakals were in 31/2 size which was somewhat uncomfy for to get used to (too thick). Keep the grip size in mind when you get one.

3. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

U have to try it yrself to know whether u like it. I personally like karakal racket for it's good quality.

4. BobbyB

BobbyB Regular Member

Software Engg
    a|extan is right you have to try yourself to be sure this is the right one for you. I know it is difficult and costy to order online and then return if you dont like it. Better go to one of the pro shop, buy it, and try it for a day or two. Dont take the plastic wrap then you can return it if you dont like it.