User Tag List

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 290 to 306 of 561
  1. #290
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is a very crucial stage for mak/tan after this recent fall-out,

    not only the cover of the book but the pages has been flipped.

    tkh knows their strength already in big stage

    and i see he is going to be tough on them from now onwards

    maybe not physically as his already hard training can't go any harder..lol

    i think its going to more on developing their self confidence together

    and make sure its just nothing else but pure effort during training.

    to get rid their fear they need to know the 100% they are giving now.

    can and know how is 2 different things.

    let's wait for tkh to do his job

    and i am sure he can and will turn this pair into monster!

  2. #291
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    Thursday November 18, 2010

    The Star

    Kim Her takes blame for poor show




    A VISIBLY disappointed national back-up squad doubles coach Tan Kim Her has taken responsibility for the toothless defeats of Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong.
    And he has vowed to turn the young pair into gutsy fighters.
    On Tuesday, the duo hardly gave a fight in the 17-21, 6-21 defeat by Japanese Endo Hiroyuki-Kenichi Hayakawa in the opening round.
    Kim Her admitted that he had over-rated his players.
    “I am very disappointed with Mak and Tan. They did not fight all the way. They gave up too easily,” said Kim Her.
    “It was their first Asian Games and, to me, it was not so much about winning or losing but it was all about the spirit and determinatino to fight until the end.
    “They have to realise that the hopes of the whole nation were on them.
    “I thought they were ready for the big stage but, in reality, a lot more work is needed to develop them. I will give a report on their below-par performances to the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) and I am ready to take the rap for it.”
    TKH is a good coach, willing to take responsibilty. I wonder if Rashid Sidek dares to say something like that?
    Give up too easily, it means that when they were down they stopped fighting and have the loser mentality already. Let's see if he can change them into gutsy fighters like he said.

  3. #292
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    I think TKH was fooled by their 'famous' win over WR1 few months ago...LOL
    Nah, he got fooled by their skills probably but forgotten about their loser's mentality. And also their H2H to inside pairs rather than outside pairs~

  4. #293
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,454
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    TKH is a good coach, willing to take responsibilty. I wonder if Rashid Sidek dares to say something like that?
    Give up too easily, it means that when they were down they stopped fighting and have the loser mentality already. Let's see if he can change them into gutsy fighters like he said.

    I missed this good point....beside him, only Rexy is the second person did that

  5. #294
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    I missed this good point....beside him, only Rexy is the second person did that
    Yes, that's right... Does Rashid dare to stand up and take responsibility for their single player's defeat? All the fault on players again?

  6. #295
    Regular Member nokh88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    8,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    Thursday November 18, 2010

    The Star

    Kim Her takes blame for poor show




    A VISIBLY disappointed national back-up squad doubles coach Tan Kim Her has taken responsibility for the toothless defeats of Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong.
    And he has vowed to turn the young pair into gutsy fighters.
    On Tuesday, the duo hardly gave a fight in the 17-21, 6-21 defeat by Japanese Endo Hiroyuki-Kenichi Hayakawa in the opening round.
    Kim Her admitted that he had over-rated his players.
    “I am very disappointed with Mak and Tan. They did not fight all the way. They gave up too easily,” said Kim Her.
    “It was their first Asian Games and, to me, it was not so much about winning or losing but it was all about the spirit and determinatino to fight until the end.
    “They have to realise that the hopes of the whole nation were on them.
    “I thought they were ready for the big stage but, in reality, a lot more work is needed to develop them. I will give a report on their below-par performances to the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia) and I am ready to take the rap for it.”
    In Bold : Nice if it is made public. Wishful thinking.

  7. #296
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tan Kim Her admitted that he OVER RATED this pair from malaysia.

    hmmm

  8. #297
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    11,989
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    I think TKH was fooled by their 'famous' win over WR1 few months ago...LOL
    LOL, jason so naughty. As if TKH so easily fooled. Next time maybe should consult BC members 1st

  9. #298
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Tan Kim Her admitted that he OVER RATED this pair from malaysia.

    hmmm
    More opportunities shd be given to the other 2 pairs.Somehow CPS-LKW pair is not given as much attention..can do better,, better mental strength

  10. #299
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Let's examine Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong's performances so far (rank 29):
    SS events - 4 (losing in QF in 2 of them to Boe/Mogensen and Chai/Zhang; losing in R32 and R16 in the other two to Koo/Yoo and Tony/Howard)
    GPG events - 4 (losing in SF in 1 of them to AG/Alvent; losing in QF in another one to Chen/Lin; losing in R32 and R16 in the rest to Cho/Kwon and Kazuno/Hirobe).
    GP event - 1 (losing in QF to Yohan/Wong)

    Asian Games - Team & Individual Events (played 2 lost 2)

    Record: 13-11

    Comparing with Goh Wei Shern/Teo Kok Siang's record (rank 31):
    SS events - 4 (losing in QF in one of them to Chan/Lim; losing in R32 and R16 in the others to Boe/Mogensen and Kim/Shin)
    GPG events - 5 (losing in SF in one of them to Rian/Yoke; losing in R32 in the others to Cho/Yoo, Kido/Hendra, Fang/Lee, Endo/Hakayawa)
    GP event - 1 (losing in R32 to Yohan/Wong)
    IC event - 1 (winner in Vietnam IC)

    Record: 13-10

    and then to Chan Peng Soon/Lim Khim Wah (rank 46):
    SS events - 3 (losing in SF in one of them to Koo/Yoo; and in R32 and R16 in the others to AG/Alvent and Luluk/Candra)
    GPG events - 3 (losing in R16 to Fang/Lee, Kido/Hendra, and Mak/Tan)
    GP event - 1 (losing in R32 to Endo/Hirobe)

    Record: 7-7

  11. #300
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,916
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Great stats there, badmania

  12. #301
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Let's examine Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong's performances so far (rank 29):
    SS events - 4 (losing in QF in 2 of them to Boe/Mogensen and Chai/Zhang; losing in R32 and R16 in the other two to Koo/Yoo and Tony/Howard)
    GPG events - 4 (losing in SF in 1 of them to AG/Alvent; losing in QF in another one to Chen/Lin; losing in R32 and R16 in the rest to Cho/Kwon and Kazuno/Hirobe).
    GP event - 1 (losing in QF to Yohan/Wong)

    Asian Games - Team & Individual Events (played 2 lost 2)

    Record: 13-11

    Comparing with Goh Wei Shern/Teo Kok Siang's record (rank 31):
    SS events - 4 (losing in QF in one of them to Chan/Lim; losing in R32 and R16 in the others to Boe/Mogensen and Kim/Shin)
    GPG events - 5 (losing in SF in one of them to Rian/Yoke; losing in R32 in the others to Cho/Yoo, Kido/Hendra, Fang/Lee, Endo/Hakayawa)
    GP event - 1 (losing in R32 to Yohan/Wong)
    IC event - 1 (winner in Vietnam IC)

    Record: 13-10

    and then to Chan Peng Soon/Lim Khim Wah (rank 46):
    SS events - 3 (losing in SF in one of them to Koo/Yoo; and in R32 and R16 in the others to AG/Alvent and Luluk/Candra)
    GPG events - 3 (losing in R16 to Fang/Lee, Kido/Hendra, and Mak/Tan)
    GP event - 1 (losing in R32 to Endo/Hirobe)

    Record: 7-7
    Thanks for the stats! I'm surprised that CPS/LKW's win-loss is not any better. GWS/TKS has the best win-loss record it seems.

  13. #302
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    Let's examine Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong's performances so far (rank 29):
    SS events - 4 (losing in QF in 2 of them to Boe/Mogensen and Chai/Zhang; losing in R32 and R16 in the other two to Koo/Yoo and Tony/Howard)
    GPG events - 4 (losing in SF in 1 of them to AG/Alvent; losing in QF in another one to Chen/Lin; losing in R32 and R16 in the rest to Cho/Kwon and Kazuno/Hirobe).
    GP event - 1 (losing in QF to Yohan/Wong)




    Asian Games - Team & Individual Events (played 2 lost 2)

    Record: 13-11

    Comparing with Goh Wei Shern/Teo Kok Siang's record (rank 31):
    SS events - 4 (losing in QF in one of them to Chan/Lim; losing in R32 and R16 in the others to Boe/Mogensen and Kim/Shin)
    GPG events - 5 (losing in SF in one of them to Rian/Yoke; losing in R32 in the others to Cho/Yoo, Kido/Hendra, Fang/Lee, Endo/Hakayawa)
    GP event - 1 (losing in R32 to Yohan/Wong)
    IC event - 1 (winner in Vietnam IC)

    Record: 13-10

    and then to Chan Peng Soon/Lim Khim Wah (rank 46):
    SS events - 3 (losing in SF in one of them to Koo/Yoo; and in R32 and R16 in the others to AG/Alvent and Luluk/Candra)
    GPG events - 3 (losing in R16 to Fang/Lee, Kido/Hendra, and Mak/Tan)
    GP event - 1 (losing in R32 to Endo/Hirobe)

    Record: 7-7
    Thanks for the timely update,GWS-TKS is the best record this year of the 3

  14. #303
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Thanks for the timely update,GWS-TKS is the best record this year of the 3
    Yes, they have one title. However, CPS/LKW seem to have less tournament, with a total of 7. GWS/TKS has 11 while MHC/TWK has 9, 10 with this Asian Games where they failed miserably. However, if you make a 'players they beat' list, CPS/LKW will skyrocket to first place.
    Last edited by undeadshot; 11-19-2010 at 03:20 AM.

  15. #304
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Year 2010
    Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong vs -
    Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah 21-15; 21-10 - Malaysia Super Series
    Hiroyuki Endo/Hirobe Yoshiteru 18-21 21-17 21-16 - German Grand Prix
    Hayakawa Kenichi/Kazuno Kenta 21-17 21-19 - Badminton Asia Championships
    Bona Septano/Rian Sukmawan 21-14 21-18 - Badminton Asia Championships
    Chan Peng Soon/Lim Khim Wah 12-21 22-20 21-15 - Malaysia Grand Prix Gold
    Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong 21-19 21-19 - Malaysia Grand Prix Gold
    Songphon Anugritayawon/Sudket Prapakamol 21-9 21-17 - Macau Open Grand Prix Gold
    Ko Sung Hyun/Yoo Yeon Seong 21-16 21-14 - Japan Super Series
    Yohan Hadikusumo Wiratama/Wong Wai Hong 21-17 21-15 Denmark Super Series

    Top players highlighted in bold.

    I will make a list for GWS/TKS and CPS/LKW later.

  16. #305
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Year 2010
    Goh Wei Shem/Teo Kok Siang vs -
    Kim Ki Jung/Shin Baek Cheol 21-23 21-17 21-19 - Vietnam IC [FINAL]
    Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu 21-9 21-19 China Masters Super Series
    Luluk Hadiyanto/Candra Wijaya 21-13; 21-18 Indonesia Grand Prix Gold

    Way too few notable names, as they have probably the most unlucky draw among the 3 pairs. Therefore, I will give some of the good matches against notable players.

    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan 21-18 9-21 15-21 Malaysia Grand Prix Gold
    Fang Chieh Min/Lee Sheng Mu 21-18 7-21 19-21 Macau Grand Prix Gold
    Hiroyuki Endo/Hayakawa Kenichi 13-21 21-17 16-21 Chinese Taipei Grand Prix Gold
    Yohan Hadikusumo Wiratama/Wong Wai Hong 17-21 26-24 16-21 Vietnam Grand Prix
    Mathias Boe/Cartsen Mogensen 21-15 14-21 16-21 French Super Series

    Top players highlighted in bold.

    I must say, this pair gives many top players a run for their money but lack the final push at the very end. Hopefully this changes in 2011.

  17. #306
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,278
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Year 2010
    Chan Peng Soon/Lim Khim Wah vs -
    Chai Biao/Zhang Nan 21-14 18-21 22-20 China Masters Super Series
    Mathias Boe/Cartsen Mogensen 18-21 21-19 21-10 Japan Super Series


    This two wins are bound to give them BIG POINTS, enough to surpass GWS/TKS and MHC/TWK.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Woon Khe Wei-Tan Wee Kiong
    By emmsfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 66
    : 10-06-2008, 03:27 AM
  2. Wee Kiong partner is who
    By kkkfans in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 11-27-2007, 04:56 AM
  3. Tan Wee Kiong & Woon Khe Wei - Could they make it?
    By Inky2000 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 6
    : 07-17-2007, 06:40 AM
  4. Where's Bao Chun Lai??
    By labyrinthian in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 5
    : 10-17-2004, 10:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •