User Tag List

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 426 to 442 of 561
  1. #426
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    Mak hee chun was playing well with Teo Kok Siang. Even in their last match (copenhagen a few years back). Why did they split them?

    Now TKS is doing well with GohWS. And i initially thought Mak was the stronger of the two.
    It's not skills that separates them. It is mental toughness and confidence which clearly separates Mak Hee Chun and his former partner Teo Kok Siang. Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong can beat Goh Wei Shem/Teo Kok Siang but why is GWS/TKS rated higher and able to give top pairs better fights?
    MHC and TWK doesn't have the mental strength to play in crucial matches. Teo Kok Siang has it. That's what I believe after reading many pieces of news and comments from BCers about them.

  2. #427
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    MHC and TWK doesn't have the mental strength to play in crucial matches. Teo Kok Siang has it. That's what I believe after reading many pieces of news and comments from BCers about them.
    Teo has GWS to thank, I consider GWS better than TKS overall. When they were juniors, Mak was better than TKS as the MD specialist, TKS was from MS. Mak is ok actually but to me he remained stagnant since the WJC in 2008 while TKS has improved, esp in stamina.

  3. #428
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Teo has GWS to thank, I consider GWS better than TKS overall. When they were juniors, Mak was better than TKS as the MD specialist, TKS was from MS. Mak is ok actually but to me he remained stagnant since the WJC in 2008 while TKS has improved, esp in stamina.
    Hmm, I think GWS is the most 'complete' player among the whole gang.

  4. #429
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Teo has GWS to thank, I consider GWS better than TKS overall. When they were juniors, Mak was better than TKS as the MD specialist, TKS was from MS. Mak is ok actually but to me he remained stagnant since the WJC in 2008 while TKS has improved, esp in stamina.
    Despite not individually stronger than either GWS or MHC, i'm sure TKS brings something of added value to the partnerships... Imust admit I am surprised he is doing quite well in doubles so far. As I too initialy wrote him off and gave the credit to MHC for the (ex)pair's successes.

  5. #430
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man View Post
    Despite not individually stronger than either GWS or MHC, i'm sure TKS brings something of added value to the partnerships... Imust admit I am surprised he is doing quite well in doubles so far. As I too initialy wrote him off and gave the credit to MHC for the (ex)pair's successes.
    However, it's not that Tan Wee Kiong is playing badly... MHC has also failed to bring significant improvement into his game. Both of them contributed errors.
    Last edited by undeadshot; 01-01-2011 at 01:36 AM.

  6. #431
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, nothing surprise me here.......I have seen they played before....nothing special and this Copenhagen result is expected but not like this bad. Worse than what i expected !

  7. #432
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Hmm, I think GWS is the most 'complete' player among the whole gang.
    Have not seen him play..how 'complete' is complete? Mental toughness, skills, power??..wonder if there a video of them ??

  8. #433
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    12,011
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Have not seen him play..how 'complete' is complete? Mental toughness, skills, power??..wonder if there a video of them ??
    Here, Vietnam IC Finals:
    http://www.thegioicaulong.com/forum/...ted=1#post2597

    for more, see the thread
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-2010%29/page6

    GWS is the more skinny one, slightly taller than TKS
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 01-01-2011 at 05:01 AM.

  9. #434
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Here, Vietnam IC Finals:
    http://www.thegioicaulong.com/forum/...ted=1#post2597

    for more, see the thread
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-2010%29/page6

    GWS is the more skinny one, slightly taller than TKS
    Or can say the right hander

  10. #435
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    Here, Vietnam IC Finals:
    http://www.thegioicaulong.com/forum/...ted=1#post2597



    for more, see the thread
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...-2010%29/page6

    GWS is the more skinny one, slightly taller than TKS
    Thanks a million Hope to see them more often on TV from now on

  11. #436
    Regular Member pBmMalaysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kuching, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    4,718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Thanks a million Hope to see them more often on TV from now on
    it was half a year ago but still good

    and while watching just keep in mind

    they should have improve a bit here and there

    and thanks, eagle

  12. #437
    Regular Member danielwong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    KL
    Posts
    4,484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i saw some trend now, maybe MHC/TWK got high rating by beating teammates
    KKk/TBH and the other 2 back-up horse...when face other countries opponents
    they freezed...

  13. #438
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MALAYSIA
    Posts
    10,375
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    i saw some trend now, maybe MHC/TWK got high rating by beating teammates
    KKk/TBH and the other 2 back-up horse...when face other countries opponents
    they freezed...
    Yes, it seems like that................

  14. #439
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    CHN MD2 is as good as our MD1... sigh... where is our MD2? still playing at masak tourneys? still boleh?

    SS Final 2010:
    BIAO CHAI / NAN ZHANG (CHN) beat BOON HEONG TAN / KEAN KEAT KOO: 14-21 21-15 21-17

  15. #440
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    CHN MD2 is as good as our MD1... sigh... where is our MD2? still playing at masak tourneys? still boleh?

    SS Final 2010:
    BIAO CHAI / NAN ZHANG (CHN) beat BOON HEONG TAN / KEAN KEAT KOO: 14-21 21-15 21-17
    Remember, now CB/ZN being very dangerous to top pairs, our one home tournament also cannot play, the CPS/LKW that beat them 6 months ago. Wait, is that our MD2?

  16. #441
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,275
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Remember, now CB/ZN being very dangerous to top pairs, our one home tournament also cannot play, the CPS/LKW that beat them 6 months ago. Wait, is that our MD2?
    6mth ago? OK... I was still enjoying World Cup 2010 where Spain won the championship... wait... U weren't talking about soccer, are u? boleh?

  17. #442
    Regular Member undeadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    马来西亚
    Posts
    8,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    6mth ago? OK... I was still enjoying World Cup 2010 where Spain won the championship... wait... U weren't talking about soccer, are u? boleh?
    Nope, was talking about China Masters, after WC that one. Okay, less than 6 months actually. But look how much CB/ZN have improved in the last 6 months!

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Woon Khe Wei-Tan Wee Kiong
    By emmsfan in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 66
    : 10-06-2008, 03:27 AM
  2. Wee Kiong partner is who
    By kkkfans in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 2
    : 11-27-2007, 04:56 AM
  3. Tan Wee Kiong & Woon Khe Wei - Could they make it?
    By Inky2000 in forum Malaysia Professional Players
    Replies: 6
    : 07-17-2007, 06:40 AM
  4. Where's Bao Chun Lai??
    By labyrinthian in forum China Professional Players
    Replies: 5
    : 10-17-2004, 10:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •