User Tag List

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    What i mean is not only a very talented one can win big in Badminton but other qualities also very important.
    such as experience

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    If WJC champ training under coach who used to train LYD not convincing,lol ................We have 5 WJC so far(with more to come), 3 now training under TKH. Before this, only Hoon/TBH, CCM/older TeoKS were WJC.Two made it at International stage, one won major title.

So, if want to count percentage, maybe only one or two from 5 will make it big. Plus, their time is after 2012, after Fu/Cai, Kido/Hendra, JJS, Boe/Morgenson, Lars/Jonas retire/semi retire. We are considering who are their main opponents at that time.

For almost 10 years there was dim light at the end of the tunnel for Msia MD, only uncles CTF/LWW, CCM. Now have light, depend who shine the brightest
    well
    only korea having no problem to win top level tournament in md now
    2 different pair won ko and so.

for the current best and the next best
    there is a 9 years gap between cai/fu(30/26) and chai/zhang(19/19)
    indonesia also have age gap of 7 years between kido/setiawan(26/26,official age) and the 19 years old batch(ajc 2009 md winner and wjc 2009 md runner up)
    between koo/tan(25/23) and mak/tan(20/21) only 3.5 years

so i wonder who is more worried?
    not sure why there is some low confident comment
    Last edited by limsy; 07-12-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    well
    u are comparing 26/30 to 22
    while lyd have 2 silver in wc
    Hmm.. + 1 OG gold...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weeyeh View Post
    Hmm.. + 1 OG gold...
    yup
    which cai/fu only have silver

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..all the MAS junior MDs will have their chance to shine after 2012 and i feel they're the ones playing in the AJC/WJC in the last yr or next yr..Boe & Mogensen, i think might still be there after 2012..
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonmarc View Post
    This is the problems, between FHF or CY and LYD, which one is the most talented...?

I am sure a lot will say its LYD........but FHF/CY had won 2 WC, while LYD havent got even one yet...! Yes, talent is importants but other qualities that FHF and CY has are equally important too.
    off topic:
    ..talent-wise, imo, LYD wins hands (and feet) down...As a comparison, LYD plays 2 disciplines (XD and MD) whilst FHF & CY play only in 1 discipline..LYD also won many titles playing in both disciplines..
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-12-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..all the MAS junior MDs will have their chance to shine after 2012 and i feel they're the ones playing in the AJC/WJC in the last yr or next yr..Boe & Mogensen, i think might still be there after 2012..
    well
    ow yao han is mature in his game but strength wise,chan,lim,mak,tan,goh and teo is better
    he need to pair back with chooi kah ming if he want to excel
    tan kim her should notice this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..request to BAM to have them (those juniors) come to the U.S. Open next yr and i'll see their games, live, so i can get a better reading of their games..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this would be miracle
    only will happen under my charge
    haha
    so u wont able to see them next year
    come malaysia again next year if u want
    see u in malaysia open 2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    If WJC champ training under coach who used to train LYD not convincing,lol ................We have 5 WJC so far(with more to come), 3 now training under TKH. Before this, only Hoon/TBH, CCM/older TeoKS were WJC.Two made it at International stage, one won major title.

So, if want to count percentage, maybe only one or two from 5 will make it big. Plus, their time is after 2012, after Fu/Cai, Kido/Hendra, JJS, Boe/Morgenson, Lars/Jonas retire/semi retire. We are considering who are their main opponents at that time.

For almost 10 years there was dim light at the end of the tunnel for Msia MD, only uncles CTF/LWW, CCM. Now have light, depend who shine the brightest

I hoped what you said is correct, using facts and figures can be good, but in reality, still hard to tell...
    I am impressed with the current big pools of MD....I think the biggest pool we ever had....let's see
    which pair can shine the brightest...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well
    ow yao han is mature in his game but strength wise,chan,lim,mak,tan,goh and teo is better
    he need to pair back with chooi kah ming if he want to excel
    tan kim her should notice this
    Agree on the maturity part, Ow is matured & calm in his game for an 18 year old, whether compared to his peers (Yew, Tan Wee Tat, Goh Sze Onn) or current 20, 21 year olds(TWK, LKW, Goh WS, Ong JG, Mak, Teo) when they were 18.

Strength..as in physical strength, I think Ow on par, skill less. Natural talent, of course Mak & Teo more talented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    I hoped what you said is correct, using facts and figures can be good, but in reality, still hard to tell...
    I am impressed with the current big pools of MD....I think the biggest pool we ever had....let's see
    which pair can shine the brightest...
    Yes. That is correct. Would we rather have 3 Chen Jins, or one LCW though? Would it be better if we got one super talent, but no one to back us up? That is debatable. But I think our position in MD is something that several countries might admire. We're not weak in MD, that's for sure. I think jasonmarc also think we are not weak, only his tone makes it sound so. It's his tone that probably made me misunderstand a lot of times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mak/Tan has a ridiculously tough draw in the Macau Open. Songphon/Sudket already tricky, second round still must meet Chen/Lin who they lost to in the BAC and QF got Kido/Setiawan! Even if they make it that far, (really unlikely) Got Jung/Lee in the Semis! Haiz, have to say lucky Mak/Tan didn't get Jung/Lee, Kido/Setiawan or Boe/Mogensen in the first round already ba.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a great chance to gauge where they stand
    u sure they will meet kido/setiawan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a great chance to gauge where they stand
    u sure they will meet kido/setiawan?
    Maybe Chan/Lim can beat Kido/Setiawan, but I have a feeling Kido/Setiawan might scrape through. Yes, this is a great chance to gauge where they stand though. Maybe they lose to Chen/Lin again, although I don't really think so. Best we can hope for is give fight to Jung/Lee at semis, but a more realistic target is QF for now.
    Last edited by undeadshot; 07-14-2010 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Maybe Chan/Lim can beat Kido/Setiawan, but I have a feeling Kido/Setiawan might scrape through. Yes, this is a great chance to gauge where they stand though. Maybe they lose to Chen/Lin again, although I don't really think so. Best we can hope for is give fight to Jung/Lee at semis, but a more realistic target is QF for now.
    how sure are u that chen/lin(my another fave)will lost 1st round at their home groud?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the cruel facts....as the pairs they might be facing in Macau Open
    will still be around for few years and Mak/Tan have to start to learn how to beat
    them now or later...or else they cannot expect to be lucky in all the draws...
    even in next tournament, they might meet any seeded pairs also...
    Goh/Teo face another tough hurdle in Fang/Lee, winner of Singapore and Indonesia Open...
    while CPS/LKW is a bit lucky to face qualifier....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how sure are u that chen/lin(my another fave)will lost 1st round at their home groud?
    2nd round. I think can. Not really their homeground, their homeground will be in Chinese Taipei Open. I will pick Mak/Tan to beat Chen/Lin if they can play like the early rounds of the MAS GP before SF.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danielwong View Post
    That is the cruel facts....as the pairs they might be facing in Macau Open
    will still be around for few years and Mak/Tan have to start to learn how to beat
    them now or later...or else they cannot expect to be lucky in all the draws...
    even in next tournament, they might meet any seeded pairs also...
    Goh/Teo face another tough hurdle in Fang/Lee, winner of Singapore and Indonesia Open...
    while CPS/LKW is a bit lucky to face qualifier....
    Yes, just like some of the japanese young pair had actually beat koo/tan several times before already.. Pls enlighten me if i'm wrong.. Mak/Tan need to beat MORE big shots

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast