Foreigner in Kuala Lumpur

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by Damez, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Damez

Damez New Member

Consultant
    Hi all! I will be moving to KL next month, and would love some help finding somewhere to continue training and playing. I will probably stay pretty close to the Universiti Malaya, (off Jalan, Kerinchi) so I'm looking for any info on good clubs/coaches in the area.

Cheers!

2. libra

libra Regular Member

Well Damez let me be the first to welcome you to Kuala Lumpur (even though you're not here yet).

For some reason or other, Malaysian's aren't too big on inviting people to play with them on this forum. Don't really know why, perhaps afraid that you newbies might be too good/lousy to fit in. Some culture thing??

Suggest you try and find something when you get here, just drop by a court and see if you notice any group playing and maybe you can join in.

FYI, I'm not in s club and don't play regularly these days.

3. Damez

Damez New Member

Consultant
    Thanks for the helpful info Libra... it does make sense to check it out when I get there, which isn't too far off. Actually, I have played in Malaysia before. I had a brief training stint with the national team staying at the Majlis Sukan Negara last year. Since I won't be staying at MSN this time around, I thought I might try to see if anyone knows where I might be able to get some training in....

4. libra

libra Regular Member

Wow, sounds like you're pretty good. Did you meet anyone on your last trip to Malaysia (during your training stint i mean)?
    Probably best if you can look them up again as they would be able to help out.

BTW, how is the standard of badminton in fiji like?

5. Damez

Damez New Member

Consultant
    Mr Rao from BAM helped with arrangements last time... Badminton here is nowhere near as big as it is in Malaysia. For us it's rugby, but we do have a handful of internationally based players who are doing quite well.

6. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Well.....gotta admit that's true, Libra. About inviting. About the fitting in....I don't know about that. So Damez, where have you been training? :) How old are you? If you don't mind. :D :)

7. blackrose

blackrose Regular Member

Joint Nusa Mahsuri Training...!!

If you interested, please joint Nusa Mahsuri programme. More detail, please contact his coach, Zulfari +6017 9322331 or send email: nusamahsuri_club@yahoo.com