No more energy ( badminton singles)

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by JustinG, Jul 9, 2010.

1. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

Badminton Singles:

Hey everyone, I recently accepted a full-time position at my current job; everything is going very well except for one thing, I HAVE NO MORE ENERGY TO PLAY BADMINTON!!!
    My new full-time position is so tiring (alot of heavy lifting and running around), that when it''s time to go play badminton I sort of dread it.

I'm a very fast person, on and off the court; I can run fast and for long periods of time, most of my opponents have problems handling my speed and endurance. I often get comments like, " I can't believe you got that shot" or, " holy crap you're fast".

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get my energy level back up, as I know it's very possible to work full-time and play sports as I know many people that have been doing it for years.

Thanks

2. Resistor

Resistor Regular Member

I think the only way is to build more endurance...
    But I believe once you get use to your new job, you will have some energy left for badminton

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Work really can suck the good right out of you. No magic formula. But three pretty obvious questions to ask:

1) Are you getting enough sleep? A tiring job requires more sleep than being in school.

2) Are you eating well? As an athlete you probably are, but busy jobs have a way of messing with your eating schedule and food choices. (hydration is important too)

3) Are you working efficiently? In other words are you using proper body mechanics? Or are you wasting your precious energy cranking stuff all over the place because you're young and strong?

You probably have all these covered already. In which case let's hope that either you get conditioned to your new lifestyle (or find an easier job):eek:

4. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

Thanks for the responses,
    Yes, work can suck the good right out of you. I use to be able to move so quickly and elegantly around the court during my singles matches; now, I can barely muster the energy to play twice a week.

Am I sleeping enough? No. Then again, whoever does? I should be sleeping 9 hours a night, but I get around 6-7 hours.

Eating well? Yupe. I eat a well balanced diet.

Working efficiently? Sometimes. A high demand job requires you to expend alot of energy. I'll try to take it easier in the future, work smart, not hard, right?

I am hoping that I will eventually adapt to my new job and everything will go back to normal, because, honestly, it kind of scares me if I don't have badminton in my life...lol

Thanks