Possibly fake Yonex badminton Men's Polo shirt.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Done88, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Done88

Done88 Regular Member

N/A
    Hey guys. Just wanted to inform you all of a Yonex badminton polo that I found on Ebay.com that MAY be fake.

The link is: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Yonex-Badmi...n_s_Athletic_Apparel&var=&hash=item76bec78ff8

I don't know if it is really fake, but for the low price and a close look, I think it might be. If you scroll down on the page, the seller has put a picture of Taufik Hidayat wearing the red coloured shirt. If you look closely, Taufik's shirt has RED buttons at the neck, but the shirt in the picture of the item at the top has WHITE buttons. The same goes for the blue shirt in the picture of the doubles team at the bottom.

ALSO, it is kind of hard to tell because of the lighting differences, but the item at the top looks a little bit shiny with almost a holographic quality to the shirt, Taufik's shirt appears to be dull and not shiny.

ALSO, again, it could be just because of the different lighting in the two pictures, but it seems as if the picture of the BLUE shirt being sold at the top is much lighter in the middle section than the picture of the shirts on the two Korean players at the bottom.

I don't know if this product is truly fake, but keep an eye out for little details such as these before you buy a product online, I'm sure there are many more replicas out there on different websites. I hope I helped :)

2. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Just to let you know...the price pretty much tells the story. If the price seems too good to be true...it usually isn't.

3. Done88

Done88 Regular Member

N/A
    Yeah, that is what I thought as well, but that is just the iceing on the cake.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What I have noticed is that those SP versions often(?) have white buttons instead of coloured ones on the international and japanese versions. Maybe you can dig up an example from the Sport Life/Sunrise thread or I'll try to find an example later on. In any case eBay is not the best place to look for genuine Yonex stuff anyway. Avoid unless you're 100% sure ;).

5. hduong

hduong Regular Member

I bought 2 from this seller and they are fake.

6. Done88

Done88 Regular Member

N/A
    But does the shirt still feel comfotable to play in?

7. hduong

hduong Regular Member

Quality not so good but they feel fine.

8. Done88

Done88 Regular Member

N/A
    Do you know of any other decent badminton shirts that don't cost too much?

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

eBay sellers from China and Europe selling these type of "yonex" polo's like in your link should normally avoid.
    Here is an example of a genuine SP version polo with white instead of coloured buttons:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. gbthecoach

gbthecoach New Member

Golf Professional
    Total Fake

Had to respond to this thread. I thought it could be fake but hoped it was factory seconds or something. The price was so low I took a chance. I bought 7 shirts from them and the sizing was all over the place. I am a XL top and L bottom in the USA and am well aware of the differences of sizing in Asia. I ordered 3X knowing it would plenty big enough. The joke was on me, 6 or the 7 shirts fit my wife (size 8) The seller is trying to blame me saying that I did not understand the difference in sizing in Asia and did not read the metric sizing list he had but I did. I am now having a war with him for a refund.

Also the quality of the shirts is off. Very substandard workmanship on the shirts. I have been buying Yonex from Asia for years and this is just not worth your money or time.