User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: fake yonex???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Winex West Can
    It is a genuine model. The Aerotus-77 comes in two versions; the original and a SPecial version.

The logo is the old Yonex logo with two triangles and circles.
    I can't believe people still continue to think that SP stands for Special!! It's not!
    As kwun mentioned, it stands for the designated countries (region) in which the racket is suppose to be sold in.

I suppose this Aerotus 77 comes in many models?? Eg. JP, SP, US, etc.

Confused?? Look in this thread for more details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by modious
    I can't believe people still continue to think that SP stands for Special!! It's not!
    As kwun mentioned, it stands for the designated countries (region) in which the racket is suppose to be sold in.

I suppose this Aerotus 77 comes in many models?? Eg. JP, SP, US, etc.

Confused?? Look in this thread for more details.
    It is not the SP designation after the serial number but rather SP after the model number on the shaft.

I don't see Aerotus-77 CD painted on the shaft for Aerotus-77 but have seen Aerotus-77 SP with serial number and a different designation code.

BTW, the FAQ stated that the SP should be engraved on the cone NOT painted on the shaft!
    Last edited by Winex West Can; 02-07-2003 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kwun
    i don't get it. so your team won't allow you to join if you are using a fake?

the racket is genuine. the logo is the old Yonex logo.

as for the SP, it doens't stand for special, but instead singapore, which is the distribution designation for countries in the SE Asia region.
    BTW, why would a store in China sell SP-designated racquet? Besides the racquet shown do not have SP engraved on the cone although I am sure there is a code underneath the hologram sticker.

The SP is painted on the shaft right after the model name and I don't think that is the destination code.
    Last edited by Winex West Can; 02-07-2003 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, why would a store in China sell SP-designated racquet?

Personally, I have no idea what that "SP" stands for.

However, I was told that (at least 2,3 months ago), by then, China has NO Yonex authorized dealer. Therefore, the reputable stores got their imports from other places, such as JP, HK, TW, etc. Therefore, if "SP" really stands for singapore, I won't be very surprised at all.

Also, even they don't have Yonex authorized dealer, the reputable stores do carry the real rackets, not fake. However, if u find an super amazing deal in a very small unknown local store, be actual careful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    Personally, I have no idea what that "SP" stands for.

However, I was told that (at least 2,3 months ago), by then, China has NO Yonex authorized dealer. Therefore, the reputable stores got their imports from other places, such as JP, HK, TW, etc. Therefore, if "SP" really stands for singapore, I won't be very surprised at all.
    If China has no authorized Yonex dealer, then why bother with production runs of CH racquets???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If China has no authorized Yonex dealer, then why bother with production runs of CH racquets???

That was exactly my question, when I was reading posts from some chinese forums.

However, several posts were posted by the experts (the ones who run those so call "ask the expert" sections), so, I was assume that should be relatively accurate statement. Or, what they referred was every other designated code beside CH/CN???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SP is painted on the shaft right after the model name and I don't think that is the destination code.
    It is the destination code. For SP rackets, the code is printed both on the shaft and the cone. For others like JP, US, etc.... the code is only printed on the cone!

For example: Carbonex 20 Special SP or Carbonex 20 Tour Special SP ----> This is what is written on the shaft of the racket.

It's definately not Cab 20 special special!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by modious

For example: Carbonex 20 Special SP or Carbonex 20 Tour Special SP ----> This is what is written on the shaft of the racket.

It's definately not Cab 20 special special!!
    Hi Modious, I think you may have make an error, it should be:

'Carbonex 20 Special ' on the shaft with 'SP' engraved on the cone, or
    'Carbonex 20 SP' on the shaft with 'SP' engraved on the cone.

likewise,

'Carbonex 20 Tour Special' on the shaft with 'SP' engraved on the cone, or
    'Carbonex 20 Tour SP' on the shaft with 'SP' engraved on the cone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys just lost me... LOL

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Originally posted by LazyBuddy
    That was exactly my question, when I was reading posts from some chinese forums.

However, several posts were posted by the experts (the ones who run those so call "ask the expert" sections), so, I was assume that should be relatively accurate statement. Or, what they referred was every other designated code beside CH/CN???
    LB, your info was correct but out of date. i think up to a year or so ago, there are no official distribution of Yonex rackets to China (except to the national team, but that's special case). as a result, what you said was correct, people import rackets from other places.

however, Yonex started distributing rackets there recently, and thus the new "CH" distribution code for the Chinese mass market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thanks to everyone for the extremely helpful responses!!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i don't get it. so your team won't allow you to join if you are using a fake?
    I was wondering about that as well.

What does the origin of the racquet have to do with the badminton selection process?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LB, your info was correct but out of date. i think up to a year or so ago, there are no official distribution of Yonex rackets to China (except to the national team, but that's special case). as a result, what you said was correct, people import rackets from other places.

however, Yonex started distributing rackets there recently, and thus the new "CH" distribution code for the Chinese mass market.

I see...

Maybe this because even though I visited those forums recently (2-3 months ago), but it happened to be I was reading some old posts... Very possible...

hehehhehehhe... stupid me... If I ever created any confusion and let anyone here a little bit more "worried", sorry lah...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i bought armortec 300 at tobys wayback 2004.even though its pricey .. and i bought an CLass A. imitation(d seller said) and Overrun Racket at the end of the year, for me to know wats theyre differences becoz imitation and the overrun are very much cheaper... it seems dat imitation rackets r heavier, 1 thing ive noticed the said overrun which i bought cheaper at makati was almost the same weight as the original i bought.. the only thing is it doesnt have serials... and i regret to buy at d store.. i wish i have saved more 4 extra buck for Aeroplane shutcocks.!!.

i recall one time when my aunt&cousin borrowed my overrun A-300 for a playing spree at marikina.. accidentally collide with her doubles playmate.. weve noticed that its not merely hollow but there are some thread or i think vibration-proof material inside the racket.. same as my neighbors originalMP99 was broken this april., in my own opinion as my experience says Original and Overrun have same flexibility..same materials although it dey differ in paint finish just like buying smuggled Guess jeans and Girbaud same material but packaging is different. and overun can hold up @ tension 28 w/ my titanium strings, same on my original A-300,, dats y i badly need a Armortec300 overrun for my practice games.and doubles game.,, i use my orig only on tournaments, i dont want it to be broken by my doubles-partner just like that. ..

i bought my racket to our PRO trainor bfore wen i was playing at makati..but i cant contact him any more and havnt seen her for some time..
    can i have opinions frm u guys??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by smash_mouth; 06-09-2005 at 03:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by smash_mouth; 06-09-2005 at 03:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys,
    im just curious about the difference between fake and non fake yonex NS 9000 S. so, recently ive just figured out that (in my opinion) fake yonex NS9000 has 'nano technology' written on the bag instead 'nano science' which is the real yonex should have.
    BTW, real yonex NS9000 has nanoscience ELASTIC Ti written on the frame and nanoscience written on the shaft.
    while, fake yonex NS 9000 has nanoscale ELASTIC Ti written on the frame and nanotechnology written on the shaft.
    what do you guys say?
    i got some pics for the proofs wit me, but i donno how to load it on this page..haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast