What Racket to get for weak wrist player.. please advice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by garykoh8, Jul 12, 2010.

1. garykoh8

garykoh8 Regular Member

engineer
    Hi All
    I am a weak wrist player and i do smash quite often but most of the time i was playing base line to base line or drop shot, i cant really tell what player i am because it really depend on situation. after my muscle power 66 break i change to NS6000 which i realize this racket is too head heavy for me and i cant use my full strength to smash because my wrist cant hold back the racket and injured my wrist quite often. i thinking of changing to NS9900 should i waste the money to find my idea racket to fit me rite ? or should i accept my own weakness to train up my wrist after injured so many time

racket i have currently:
    NS6000
    Arc Z

2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

you need a strong wrist for stiff shafts to flex them and get the benefit. therefore ns9900 would not be a good choice.

3. GEEGEEGEE

GEEGEEGEE Regular Member

Wow, you seriously find the 6000 'too head heavy'? That's the most head-light racket out of the nano series.

I have both 6000 and 9900. 6k is easier to play with in all aspects compared to the 9900, but 6k lacks power. If you find you're having a hard with the 6k, I kind of doubt the 9900 will do you any better.

Good luck and let your wrist heal.

4. cl427x

cl427x Regular Member

College Student
    Let your wrist heal first and then train up your wrists. Proper, patient, light weight-lifting may help. Don't overdo yourself! As for a racket recommendation, you would probably want to go an even lighter, head-light racket... even though NS6000 is really the most head-light racket of the NS line. And most importantly, check with someone experienced if you are using proper technique - this may be a contributing problem.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Even tho NS6000 is light head, it may be too stiff for you.

You may want to try playing with an Arc 7 or 9: balanced and more flexible. Maybe you can borrow one from a friend or baddy buddy.

6. GEEGEEGEE

GEEGEEGEE Regular Member

^

6K is rated at Flexible.

Arc 7 & 9 are rated at Medium flex

7. garykoh8

garykoh8 Regular Member

engineer
    Thanks everyone for advice... i now confirm is user problem... so i will train hard lolx.. thanks alot =D

8. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
    I having a weak wrist as well.

Less stiff racquet works better for me especially base line smashes. More steeper and powerful.

I am currently using RSL laser 9900 works better than A900T due to less stiff than A900T.

Just bought Arc 7 yesterday slightly less stiff than RSL laser 9900, cant wait trying out this weekend.

9. garykoh8

garykoh8 Regular Member

engineer
    NS series when racket hit the shuttlecock u can feel it will stay longer but for ARC series is touch and go which maybe will cause you to drag the shuttle as in the shuttlecock will slip away from your racket... (sorry my English is poor don't know if u understand what i mean)