Dont act a fool

Discussion in 'Grip' started by GoDLee, Jul 12, 2010.

1. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    I thought taking off the factory grip was a good idea... it is not, i had the feeling my racquet could get off my hand in a smash or a clear. :mad:
    You need to feel your grip, & it doesnt matter if you get a very tacky overgrip bcuz with sweat, it quickly becomes slippery anyway. I really dont know how ld or th do... mb that's bcuz they have a towel grip, but that does not change the fact you dont feel the grip as much as you should.
    I just figured out that after a couple of games tonight, definitely too thin, even for my not so big hand.

(p.s. please answer the question from the topic)

2. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    Don't quite understand but I always remove the factory grip. I have found my perfect grip for G3 and G4 rackets i have. I also remove the grip then put sellotape on the wood so when it comes to changing grips its much easier.

3. Chng Clarence

Chng Clarence New Member

Analyst
    erm, u need to remove the factory grip and yes, put on a tape for easier replacement.
    if u like it thicker, just put on another grip on top of the factory grip.
    but for your knowledge, thinner handles provide more control over the racket.
    it depends though.
    a towel grip is good if u sweat a lot. but for starters, towel grip will injure palm, but once u r used to it, then it will be fine.

4. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    What are you trying to ask in the first place...? I like to remove the original grip because the factor grip for different rackets are different. I usually just remove the factory grip (G5) and then apply a layer of towel grip. Its been working great for me.

5. Resistor

Resistor Regular Member

It is nothing wrong to remove the original grip. If you find the grip to thin, then add another layer of over grip or another until you find the most comfortable size.

6. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

i had te same problem :O, it felt so wierd without the original grip, i took it off becuz it would be too big if i put another overgrip on it, but when it did it was too thin or it just felt too wierd..., does anyne know how to get a grip that has the same feel as the original grips ??

7. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    why not remove the original grip and use replacement grips instead of overgrips?

8. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    [​IMG] photo(2).jpg

Well, i'm happy with the lastest version of my grip. That type of overgrip suits me perfectly cuz it absorbs the sweat & does not slip cuz it's grooved. I do not throw unintentionally the racquet anymore.
    Okay okay, quite a very ugly looking grip with the Yonex stick @the wrong place but hey, they are too short !:D dam i aint a good worker with my hands:(
    I've actually layered 3 overgrips on that one since i cut off the factory grip.

Note : both the racquet & overgrips are fakes

9. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

but some replacement grips are too big :(, i cant find a replacement grip with the same thinness like an original grip of any racket to be particular ( yonex original grips ).