User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but will he still be on top until 2012 ?
    He can retire, have injuries, etc...

But we are off topic now >> LCW is the future of Mas MS for only a few years, not more :s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW will remain the sole MAS leader the rest of the way til he retires (whenever that'll be)..no question abt that..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An article today from Harian Metro. Any comment?

BAM desperate

By Mohd Hussin Hilmie

mohdhilmie@hmetro.com.my

07/15/2010

Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) may remove individual coating existing players as yet showed no improvement even though no player had more than two years given the opportunity.

BAM increasingly desperate search for the successor Datuk Lee Chong Wei is now reaching the age of 28 years but still no players appear on the coating results in encouraging the international stage.

During this five linings, Chan Kwong Beng, Chong Wei Feng, Arif Latif, Tan Chun Seang and Liew Darren has not produced commendable results, won the tournament despite the GP championship gold standard.

Individual country head coach Rashid Sidek when contacted, said the association and there is no other line of coaches to review the position players except linings.

"Players linings we can not expect what we want from them. We have no idea what is preventing them to be successful, thus became the successor Chong Wei one day, "said Rashid.

According to Rashid again, the players seem to have lost interest and his party should take immediate steps to raise new talents who have the ability to stand out in the future.

"Maybe nothing could have been expected of them. If the truth can not be defeated Chong Wei though, we see this when they fail to keep up with Muhd Hafiz Hashim. "If Mr. (pictured), though they can not Kill, how to replace Chong Wei," said Rashid disappointed with the players involved.

Thus Rashid will move to the coaching and training committee chaired BAM Honorary Secretary, Ng Chin Chai.

"I would suggest that we focus on new players added to BAM as Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, Mohd Syawal Ismail and Ramadan Misbun Misbun. "They have interesting gameplay, and not one where we start to divert attention to them, besides the existing talent pool players still in the old notch." According to Rashid, he was beginning to give attention to Iskandar first, since the performance of the most prominent players during this time.

"We are beginning to disclose to the Grand Prix Gold Iskandar Malaysia Open last week, after this we will send him to the International tournament in Surabaya, Taiwan and other small tournaments to familiarize himself with the championship at the low and middle-class seniors.
    We want her to get as much experience and pace of victory, "said Rashid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo, I am a bit confused with the title and content.
    What is MAS myth?? mind to explain...???
    anyway I think limsy point is to find more Mas players like Rashid and gang
    or just one LeeCW???
    I think by looking at after LeeCW, we might not find any players of LeeCW caliber
    not for this 10 years...to have players in the catagory of Rashid, Wong Choon Hann
    also hard. If I am not wrong, up until now, not even one back-ups is impressive enough...
    no GP titles, let alone Super Series....most back-ups already 20 or 20 plus...if they cannot
    win I think at least they already made some impact here and there but too bad no..
    So we might put our hope in juniors...start to nurture them...maybe in 10 years time
    we can find 10 LeeCW...that is option C)....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    limsy, i thought (you told me) it's your lifelong goal to join BAM??..
    or you're changing your mind??..
    u sure this is something that can said in public?

Quote Originally Posted by press100 View Post
    Individual country head coach Rashid Sidek when contacted, said the association and there is no other line of coaches to review the position players except linings.

"Players linings we can not expect what we want from them. We have no idea what is preventing them to be successful, thus became the successor Chong Wei one day, "said Rashid.

According to Rashid again, the players seem to have lost interest and his party should take immediate steps to raise new talents who have the ability to stand out in the future.

"Maybe nothing could have been expected of them. If the truth can not be defeated Chong Wei though, we see this when they fail to keep up with Muhd Hafiz Hashim. "If Mr. (pictured), though they can not Kill, how to replace Chong Wei," said Rashid disappointed with the players involved.

"I would suggest that we focus on new players added to BAM as Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, Mohd Syawal Ismail and Ramadan Misbun Misbun. "They have interesting gameplay, and not one where we start to divert attention to them, besides the existing talent pool players still in the old notch." According to Rashid, he was beginning to give attention to Iskandar first, since the performance of the most prominent players during this time.

"We are beginning to disclose to the Grand Prix Gold Iskandar Malaysia Open last week, after this we will send him to the International tournament in Surabaya, Taiwan and other small tournaments to familiarize himself with the championship at the low and middle-class seniors. We want her to get as much experience and pace of victory, "said Rashid.
    can i have a question?
    who is the chief coach for project 2010-2012?
    who are their coach ah?

i not sure does rashid know how often did ramdam train

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smashwide View Post
    Yo, I am a bit confused with the title and content.
    What is MAS myth?? mind to explain...???
    anyway I think limsy point is to find more Mas players like Rashid and gang
    or just one LeeCW???
    I think by looking at after LeeCW, we might not find any players of LeeCW caliber
    not for this 10 years...to have players in the catagory of Rashid, Wong Choon Hann
    also hard. If I am not wrong, up until now, not even one back-ups is impressive enough...
    no GP titles, let alone Super Series....most back-ups already 20 or 20 plus...if they cannot
    win I think at least they already made some impact here and there but too bad no..
    So we might put our hope in juniors...start to nurture them...maybe in 10 years time
    we can find 10 LeeCW...that is option C)....
    the myth is everyone is expecting another lee chong wei
    the realistic is there is only one lee chong wei in 50 years(at least)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    Yo, get your point now.
    50 years will be too long..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20-50 years is more like it. Before 20 years, maybe can we can find another WCH.
    Well, I was studying mandarin in school today, and there was a topic in the textbook which was talking about horses. They say the horse that can run a thousand miles will only be like the ordinary horses if it is not spotted, as the food they give is the same, the method is wrong and so on. So, the question is, are we in desperate need of new talent, or are we in desperate need of someone who can SPOT talent, and nurture it in the best way possible?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 2nd one i would say
    hehe
    the most important is the environment to groom talent
    see how diferent is between ms department and md department?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ok.. so reality is the main point here it seems... no need to compare.. 50 years is so damn long

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 2nd one i would say
    hehe
    the most important is the environment to groom talent
    see how diferent is between ms department and md department?
    The problem is BAM still haven't woke up from their sleep.. It seems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    The problem is BAM still haven't woke up from their sleep.. It seems.
    rashid is crying for myth
    see the interview that press100 post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's talking about replacing LCW when his players are still struggling to even try to beat WCH. What a shame. He really needs to step down, he's been showing that he is doing a real poor job so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u sure he will step down?
    lol
    malaysia would have be in top 15 of world best in gdp if our management is responsible

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u sure he will step down?
    lol
    malaysia would have be in top 15 of world best in gdp if our management is responsible
    Haiz... Don't know how long he will stay, just hope not another 5-10 years

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Oh ok.. so reality is the main point here it seems... no need to compare.. 50 years is so damn long
    Yup, 50 years later, I maybe not around anymore & you have many grey hair.

As for Rashid Sidek, seems the management wanted to give to Misbun the chief coach post but Misbun said no, had to take care of sickly wife(that was before the wife went for kidney transplant). After 2004 OG case when Msia returned with no medal, dont think Misbun ever want to be chief again.
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 07-15-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time i said that i got some hate mail... haha jk.

give the old timers some respect. They were pretty legendary in their time as well.

The monkey of the 70's was a lot more successful tho.

Quote Originally Posted by majyun View Post
    I apologize if this come of as harsh but I think LCW might possibly the best Malaysia will be able to produce. Ever.

Judging from the results and commitment from the current MAlaysia's backup players, I would say confidence and motivation are really lacking in them. And those 2 are the key elements to be the top players in the badminton circuit. With the current advance in technology(distractions), good living standards(youngters from this background usually have weaker mental strength), and the attitude of younger kids(Asians in general) towards sport, I will say the chance of finding anyone close to LCW's standard is is as good as none.

I think it will be more realistic to expect another WCH in the next decade,although I can't see any backup players of MAS possessing the same fighting quality as possessed by Wong.

Just my opinion though, who knows that there will be someone who pop up into the scene to prove me wrong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast