Myth vs reality,the future of mas ms

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jul 13, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    where s the next chong wei?
    what left when lcw retired?
    bam need to take action!
    this...
    and
    that....

everyone is seeking and waiting for someone in the current younger batch able to reach lee chong wei level

for all know
    lee chong wei had won
    mas ic 2003
    mas open 2004
    chinese taipei open 2004
    mas open 2005
    denmark open 2005
    swiss open 2006
    mas open 2006
    ina ss 2007
    philipines p gold 2007
    japan ss 2007
    french ss 2007
    mas ss 2008
    sgo ss 2008
    7 title in 2009+5 title in 2010
    25 titles to date
    +one olympic silver medalist

lcw won 7 last year and that is the amount of title wch have in his entire career

regardless world best or not world best,he is the top ms mas have produce in modern era

my question is
    a)it is more realistic for us to have wong chong hann/misbun sidek/rashid sidek successors in future?
    or
    b)more realistic for us to have lee chong wei successorsin future?

in number
    a)it is more realistic for us to have a world top 10 ms player in future?
    or
    b)more realistic for us to have a world top 2 ms player in future?

if one realize that a is more realistic
    will the 'where is the next chong wei' question rest in dust?

anyone?

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I agree that A is more realistic. MAS fans are too overexpectant. Same with MAS MD, the backups might not be world no.1 but I think they can be top 10 material in a few years time. For now, I would actually be happy if a youngster in MS comes out as top 10 material.

Well, to put the first step, most people don't even realise what a great player LCW is, simply because he is overshadowed by Lin Dan. They say "Who cares if you have so many titles, when you have only an AE, no WC?" With the current crop of backup players, only people realise how important is a title for the back-ups while they seem to hold no real significance for LCW.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..we'll just wait until you become a part of BAM, limsy...and then we'll see either:
    a. the next LCW
    b. the next WCH/RS/MS

..now, is that realistic or just a myth??..:confused:

4. majyun

majyun Regular Member

I apologize if this come of as harsh but I think LCW might possibly the best Malaysia will be able to produce. Ever.

Judging from the results and commitment from the current MAlaysia's backup players, I would say confidence and motivation are really lacking in them. And those 2 are the key elements to be the top players in the badminton circuit. With the current advance in technology(distractions), good living standards(youngters from this background usually have weaker mental strength), and the attitude of younger kids(Asians in general) towards sport, I will say the chance of finding anyone close to LCW's standard is is as good as none.

I think it will be more realistic to expect another WCH in the next decade,although I can't see any backup players of MAS possessing the same fighting quality as possessed by Wong.

Just my opinion though, who knows that there will be someone who pop up into the scene to prove me wrong.

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

You know what, majyun? I agree with you, but not forever. Probably another 20 or so years before we find someone as good as LCW for MAS. Unfortunately, some people don't appreciate LCW for who he is to MAS badminton, including prof. P. That's why, I believe it is more realistic to say who will be the next WCH, a rather consistent player until 2006 although he was overshadowed by LCW later on.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    agreed;)

how sure are u that i will be part of bam?:confused:

yup
    thats why i thought too
    hope the last sentence will happen:(

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    (1) if we minus lcw and go back to the time before he was just one of the struggling player

who do we see?

wch of course and a little bit of hafiz

(2) so back to the current moment there should be one struggling to come up to replace lcw

and the time would be similar to (1) - (2)

hope you all get the answer

8. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Next Wong Choong Hann?? Come on lah. None of the back up player can even match a WAYYYYYYYY past his prime and now independent (meaning he does not train as hard as he use to) WCH. The current crop....... I think no hope lah. Maybe the batch after CWF/LD/TCS. I'll be happy if we even have someone who is in the same level as WCH when he won the China Open from Chen Hong.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

limsy, i thought (you told me) it's your lifelong goal to join BAM??..
    or you're changing your mind??..
    :confused:

10. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Can't the young Daren Liew reach the top 2 one day ?

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

if not mistaken, Daren Liew is already 22 or 23 y.o. this yr..reach WR#2 one day??..

12. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
  13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

to give another perspective:
    LCW was already in top 20 by end of 2003 (21 y.o.)..and had 2 titles in his back pocket..
    and already in top 10 by end of 2004 (22 y.o.)..

#13 ctjcad, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  14. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    >>>> Daren Liew isn't the successor

Actually my acknowledge of Malaysian youngsters is very weak then the only thing I see is that the 2nd and 3rd Malaysian on the WR are 2 uncles :s

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..as mentioned lots of times before by other BCers, realistically, MAS' MS hope will rely on the current junior players. When i mean junior, i mean those under 19 y.o....Keep an eye on Zulfadli Zulkifli (still under 19 y.o.); supposedly he's the one to "replace" LCW..;)

16. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Then LCW will be the Malaysian MS leader for the coming OG...
    If none of Malaysia's youngsters can reach the top in a 2 years period..

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

LCW has essentially been the only MAS MS leader for the last several yrs...;)

18. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Yes but will he still be on top until 2012 ?
    He can retire, have injuries, etc...

But we are off topic now :D >> LCW is the future of Mas MS for only a few years, not more :s

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

LCW will remain the sole MAS leader the rest of the way til he retires (whenever that'll be)..no question abt that..

20. press100

press100 Regular Member

Science Officer
    An article today from Harian Metro. Any comment?:D

BAM desperate

By Mohd Hussin Hilmie

mohdhilmie@hmetro.com.my

07/15/2010

Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) may remove individual coating existing players as yet showed no improvement even though no player had more than two years given the opportunity.

BAM increasingly desperate search for the successor Datuk Lee Chong Wei is now reaching the age of 28 years but still no players appear on the coating results in encouraging the international stage.

During this five linings, Chan Kwong Beng, Chong Wei Feng, Arif Latif, Tan Chun Seang and Liew Darren has not produced commendable results, won the tournament despite the GP championship gold standard.

Individual country head coach Rashid Sidek when contacted, said the association and there is no other line of coaches to review the position players except linings.

"Players linings we can not expect what we want from them. We have no idea what is preventing them to be successful, thus became the successor Chong Wei one day, "said Rashid.

According to Rashid again, the players seem to have lost interest and his party should take immediate steps to raise new talents who have the ability to stand out in the future.

"Maybe nothing could have been expected of them. If the truth can not be defeated Chong Wei though, we see this when they fail to keep up with Muhd Hafiz Hashim. "If Mr. (pictured), though they can not Kill, how to replace Chong Wei," said Rashid disappointed with the players involved.

Thus Rashid will move to the coaching and training committee chaired BAM Honorary Secretary, Ng Chin Chai.

"I would suggest that we focus on new players added to BAM as Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, Mohd Syawal Ismail and Ramadan Misbun Misbun. "They have interesting gameplay, and not one where we start to divert attention to them, besides the existing talent pool players still in the old notch." According to Rashid, he was beginning to give attention to Iskandar first, since the performance of the most prominent players during this time.

"We are beginning to disclose to the Grand Prix Gold Iskandar Malaysia Open last week, after this we will send him to the International tournament in Surabaya, Taiwan and other small tournaments to familiarize himself with the championship at the low and middle-class seniors.
    We want her to get as much experience and pace of victory, "said Rashid.