Racket recommendation to improve my game

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by izwanj_79, Jul 13, 2010.

1. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi All

I've been using my rackets for many years and this year I've decided to get a new one:D.

My current Rackets
    1. Yonex NS8000
    2. Gosen Roots Aermet 3700

I'm an amateur double player whom with my partner, I'm normally the one who setup the game and my partner provide the killing blow. I'm a bit of an all rounder player. Both rackets had served me well but I prefer my Gosen better than my NS8000. I control and defend better with my Gosen but I can attack and smash better with my NS8000. Looking for a racket that suits both style of play so that I could mix it up a little bit. Hoping for a good recommendation from all of you guys experts or old timers out there. Please help me decide. Thank you.;)

Rackets on my radar
    1. Gosen - Ryoga Tenbu, Roots Aermet Blaze
    2. Yonex - Arcsaber10, Armortec900T
    3. Li Ning - N33

2. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    ryoga.jpg blaze.jpg racket_n33.jpg

Any recommendations?:eek:

3. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach

Hai there izwanj,

If you are looking for a racket that can give you maneuverability that delivers equal excellent performance in both offensive and defensive, than you need to find yourself an All Round type of racket. Even though there are A LOT of all round type of racket available in the market or any type of other type of racket, but then it is still at the end the one that held in your hands that blend mutually with your level, style and playing preferences that will suits you well:D.

Anyone can suggest to you my friend, but then you, need to feel it yourself which is the one that will gem with you as long you are playing badminton;).

4. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi bro shooting stroke...

I realized that there are many all round type of rackets out there and that's why I need recommendation. True that the racket should meet my level, style and feel but I just can't try it one by one. OK, in your opinion... between Arcsaber10 and Armortec 900T, which one would you recommend to an intermediate all rounder player? Or maybe share with me some of your experience. Would really appreciate it bro, thanx;)

5. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
    I might be selling my A900T or SW35. Will decide by end of this wkend. =)

6. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Why are u selling ur AT900T?

7. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    i will definitely choose AT900T because im loving it! hahaha my main racket! then my secondary racket is NS9900 :)

8. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    why do u prefer ur At900T rather than the NS9900? just curious, coz there so many people in other thread seems to luv it

9. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
    OVerall the A900T is good. I like it more than SW35. Placing, net, defense , clear from base to base are good. But for smashing, is a bit tiring. Now i am using RSL laser 9900. This racquet is less stiff than A900T. My smashes in terms of power and steeper improved ! plus the head shaft is slightly thinner than A900T. maybe thats y i can swing faster. Both racquet also head heavy type. My wrist power is not that strong hence, less stiffer racquet works better for me. To flex lost power like A600.

I just bought Arc7. Trying this weekend. If this racquet suits me, i will sell either SW35 or A900T. Currently my wife using SW35 if she likes A900T then i will sell SW35.

10. squall

squall Regular Member

student
    i have ns9000 Type X before and it was a nice racquet! the shaft is longer.. but it was broke last few days :( Overall it's a good racquet where I had used it for 3 years! :D

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

As shooting stroke mentioned i also found that before buying you should also test it. Just use the recommendation as a point of reference, nothing more.

I cant really comment about Gosen racket as i never used them before. From the list IMO LN N33 is the best racket and AT900T follows. Having said that Arc10 is more of balance racket whereas N33 and At900T are more to head heavy. As far as i know, NS8000 is not a head heavy racket so im not sure how smoth your transition will be (but perhaps your Gosen is a head heavy, i dont know). To sum up i think both N33 and AT900T will help with your smashing (because of the head heaviness) and also wont compromise on your defence/control/netting etc

12. shooting stroke

Arc 10 spec
    - weight: 3U/2U
    - Shaft flex: stiff
    - BPM unstrung : 285-295mm

At 900T
    - Weight: 4U/3U
    - Shaft flex: stiff
    - BPM unstrung : 285-295mm

I've never used Arc10 and At 900T before, but i have a lot of intermediate and advance level colleagues that is using both of this racket that I've asked (> 20) and most of them has different comment about it. Even though the racket spec as stated above are the same (except for the racket compositions and design features), what i can summarize, most of my colleagues feels that ARC 10 is a "more balance racket" while the AT900T has a "slight edge" while playing more offensive.......but then, it just them with those racket held in their hands;)

At your level stated, i presumed that your arm swing,wrist strength as well as applied strokes technique are good enough to handle any of this racket, since playing with a racket that has stiff shaft and a head weight as above require strong arm swing and wrist strength in order to coordinate and produce a maximum impact upon strokes. As to which to choose from this both this high end racket from Yonex, still i advice you to try, test and feel both to decide which fits you well. The above info. is the best source of reference that i can give to you but then one good racket held in one's hand won't be a good racket for the other person. Maybe you can try borrow from any of your colleagues:D.

13. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Arc10 and AT900T are two different beasts. Please check out this chart:

Attached Files:

14. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    i feel much comfortable with AT900T when i doing my smashes and netting. i didnt say NS9900 is a bad racket, please dont get me wrong. both are great racket, it's just tt i prefer AT900T over NS9900 :)

15. izzi-carbonex

izzi-carbonex Regular Member

IT Product Engineer
    I think you need a bit flexible racket but also a bit head heavy for better smashing. Looking at your required racket, it maybe too forgiving for ur style because those are all stiff racket, especially Yonex & Li-Ning.

Gosen is always friendly and flexible racket, but i'm not sure about Ryogen Tenbu which was also in my wish list. You can try Gosen Sparkpro 16 or 18(not sparklite) which flexi but also head heavy and try string it at 25-26 for good smashing feel. I have total of 4 Gosen Sparkpro which might answer to your question, and is cheap for you to test (around RM150)

Yonex Arcsaber 5 also not bad, even balance, mid-flex but yet a bit head heavy for good smashing. Just my 2 cents.

:)

16. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Yonex had stopped production for the NS9000 and replace it with the NS9900. Am I right?;)

17. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Guys,

From y'll opinion, what I need is a stiff racket(not extra stiff as the NS8000). So I can maintain control and add a bit poww on my smashes. I don't like the medium flex racket because always lost my accuracy during smashes. Xtra stiff do need xtra energy but the accuracy is under control. Stiff should be good.

Little head heavy balance(not as heavy as AT700 or AT900P). As mentioned by bro yoppy, a little head heavy won't compromise my defend. Maybe I'll take this one. Tried my friend's AT900P and LN N90, they definitely effect my wrist movement when countering smashes. Narrowing my wishlist already:D

18. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi,

Thank you for all your opinion. Just to update you guys who had helped me with my decision. I bought a YY Arc-ZS as my new racket. Got it from bro Gorden(thanx bro). It's a high speed racket. Faster than my NS8000. Stiff as my Gosen 3700. A little head heavy as recommended by bro yoppy. Flexible as bro izzi-carbonex mentioned. not to forget great own feel like bro shooting stroke advised. All the chatting about this Arc-ZS are true but I thing I could tame this beast(hopefully);)

Thanx all.

19. shooting stroke

May your badminton force be with your racket ............aaaaahhhh, aaaahhhh,aaaaahhh (i wanted to sound like Darth Vader but unfortunately cannot:p)

20. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

I would say for you, Arc10 over At900t since your usually the one setting up for your partner to kill, and plsu, it doesnt have the same power and T but it still pack a pretty big punch