New Yonex Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by giale123, Jul 13, 2010.

1. giale123

giale123 New Member

Guitar Sales
    Hey BC,

Just got into badminton, I've been playing on and off for a few years now. So I kinda have a preference and a little knowledge in racquets. I was just wondering, since I've been skimming through this forum, if anyone has tried any "basic series" or "muscle-power" racquet from Yonex? If so please give me your thoughts of the model. I just bought a muscle power-3 2010 just to start with. =] im tired of the cheap ones out at the stores.

So please help me out! thanks ;]

2. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

The best YY MP racket i've tried is MP99. IMO its better than MP100. However, there are tons of good/basic racket out there, both YY and others. Im assuming that basic is a balance racket, not too head heavy and not too stiff. Is that what you mean?

3. giale123

giale123 New Member

Guitar Sales
    Yep, exactly what I was looking for. Except that price is way over my heads for now. I work as a guitar sales and Im only 18. Just starting this sport =]
    Thanks for your suggestion though. I'll give the racket I bought a good 2-3 months before buying a new racket. The only problem is that I do not know which one to buy. I would like a light racket that has a good stiffness. So neutral or balance, you are right. I definitely want a racket that I will keep for years. But for now I'll just stick with rackets priced up to 40.00. The most I would spend after 3-4 moths is possibly 100 or around there for one that will keep me squared for a few years =] I'll probably just stick to Yonex. Even my friends b-600 Yonex is pretty nice and it was only 15.00 lol.

4. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

if you want a cheap racket that will keep you going for a few years, i suggest going away form yonex... (unless of course you play less than once every 2 weeks or so....)
    if good stiffness means a pretty stiff racket and you are determined to stay with yonex, i think you should look at the nanospeed series...

the only Muscle power that i've used are MP 100(i own)/99 i prefer the slightly more head heavy MP100 over the 99
    which started to slightly bend toward wards one side after 3-4 years of usage, and now i hardly use it anymore.

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Go for APACS for inexpensive but quality rackets!

6. cutesam

cutesam Regular Member

student
    I prefer PROTECH ... inexpensive + nice looking + quality.