lead tape placement

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bigredlemon, Feb 6, 2003.

1. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I'm starring books of 4 sets of lead tape right now, and can't decide where to put them. The tennis represertenative recommended 2' and 10', which is where some other people in this forum have them too.

What i'm wondering is, why not at the 3' and 9' positions? Is it because the Ti mesh is there, and the extra stress would lead to breakage? My racquet is an oval shaped so i guess 2' and 10' would be the strong spots for me. With the tape at 3' and 9', it seems that i have better control than without the tape and only slightly less feel compared to no tape. The racquet feels more stable when swining and the power is about the same. At 2' and 10', the control seems worse than without tape and feel much worse. It just seems the tape is much better at 3' and 9' on a badminton racquet than 2' and 9' even though everyone uses it at 2' and 9'? Am I missing something here?

Oh yea... it seems that many stores don't carry lead tape anymore because it is no longer being made by the major manufacturers... something about environment...

#1 bigredlemon, Feb 6, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2003
  2. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    My supplier only put 2 (both faces) on the 12 o'clock position.