How long does a racquet last ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dave H, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Dave H

Dave H Regular Member

Teacher
    Hello,

I have 3 Airblade Tour racquets that l purchased from Racketworld (on eBay) around 3 years ago.They have all been used,restrung,had the odd knock or ten and to be honest they are great racquets for my level (very so-so).But after a restring they still never seem to feel like they did new so l am wondering how long it is before you should consider getting a new racquet and why ?

Dave

2. Dave H

Dave H Regular Member

Teacher
    Just thought i'd add that the ones I use are the yellow/black racquets.

3. Smithy88

Smithy88 Regular Member

Student
    How long is a piece of string. They can last a long time (never had a racket break on me or warp) or they can break quickly from racket clashes, mishits or in Dinks case just from picking them up :D

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    many many other factors comes to play when it comes to changing in how a racket feel.

it can be varying string job (different stringer has different feel, and different tension, or different string type all together), or the string has went from old to new (or vice versa), or you yourself have improved/worsened, or just that human being feels different on different days. i have had racket that feel different from a week to another just because i was tired/off-form that day.

yes, rackets do age over time as they are composite structure afterall, but the difference is so minute compare to other factors, i wouldn't worry about it.

5. Resistor

Resistor Regular Member

Usually the racket breaks due to clashes. Apart from that it should last a long time unless you start stringing it at very high tension

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Hey Dave H, you mentioned you have 3 of them, are they all having the same problem? I suspect its just the new string causing that. Remember, string and string tension can create a big change even more than the racket it self. Basically Im just echoing what kwun has said.

7. Dave H

Dave H Regular Member

Teacher

Double the length from the end to the middle ;)

Thanks for your opinions. I do agree that the stringing is important and next time I have one done it will be with someone who I have been told is better than the person I am using.

Reading on this forum though I do think I have the best racquet for my ability. If these were good enough for Nathan Robertson then they are for sure good enough for me ! ;)