Wrong Shoes?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by ARC008, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ARC008

ARC008 New Member

I recently bought a pair of Asics Gel 1150 Running shoes, they're pretty thick soled since I thought that I would be using them for gym class(I'm a student) and badminton. But I read on this forum that thick soled shoes can really hurt you because of all the twisting and turning in badminton.
    The question is, should I get new shoes just for badminton because I just bought a new pair a few months ago.

Thank You for your opinions:D

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    running shoes are NO NO NO for badminton. soles are too thick and don't have the right lateral support. very injury prone.

3. naim564

naim564 Regular Member

IT Engineer
  4. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
  5. omfgawd007

omfgawd007 New Member

In my opinion, Badminton shoes are design for Badminton players & Running shoes are design for runner/CrossCountry-type of athletes.
    Since School Badminton are played in school's gym, don't assumed that basketball & running shoes are okay to used. Some people have to learned that the hard way [me].

I recommened Yonex SHB Badminton shoes; classic, inexpensive, and are really good when it comes to supporting a Badminton player.
    http://www.badmintonavenue.com/Yonex-SHB-42-EX-Badminton-Shoes-p/shb-42%20ex.htm
    http://www.badmintonavenue.com/Yonex-SHB-71-EX-White-Blue-Badminton-Shoes-p/shb-71exorng.htm

6. ARC008

ARC008 New Member

Thanks guys:)
    I've been looking around and found the Asics Gel Rocket 4
    What do you guys think about it. It's pretty cheap and seem to have good reviews on it

7. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
    I feel inner shoe support is important to reduce injury. If you are a serious player, its good to have proper shoe like OMFGawd007 said. Before you buy, maybe try on yourself Asics shoe and Yonex SHB shoe. You will feel the difference!