Looking for permanent saturday group to join at Sengkang....

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by micochmama, Jul 15, 2010.

1. micochmama

micochmama Regular Member

Logistics
    Hi There,

Any slot available for permanent SAT games at Sengkang. I used to be an advance competitive level player but it's being at least 15years since i last played. Skill still good ...maybe lack of accuracy...

Any slot available please sms me at 98180168...Cheers...Chiam

2. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

Sengkang has some good players but doesn't have good badminton courts.
    Anybody has $$$ to bid a piece of land in Punggol to build a gigantic badminton hall with many rubber courts? It's pretty common in Malaysia now. Always feel good when play with huge groups of players at huge badminton halls in Malaysia.

3. flyingfox

flyingfox Regular Member

singapore land is much more expensive than malaysia land .. not only that, utilities, labour cost, maintenance blah blah blah... unless government subsidise, else the court fee would be equivalent to a day of hotel room divided by 24 hours...

4. ck1981

ck1981 Regular Member

The rubber courts in Malaysia are open till 1am and the court fee is about 14 Ringgit for weekdays and 16-24 Ringgit for weekends.
    If ignore the currency rate conversion, I think they are very expensive but still they are very popular in Malaysia. I think the main point is how many people in Singapore love to play badminton and how often they play in a week. Would you pay SGD15 per hour for a rubber court in Singapore?

5. micochmama

micochmama Regular Member

Logistics
    Well, i think the players are more important...If you're good, you don need a fantastic court....you only need playable court..My younger days we used to play at our secondary school court for FREE from morning 1100am until 8pm.