User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default badminton-related careers

Hi everyone,

I'm a huge badminton fan.. love the whole environment, the courts, the sounds.. but not much skill :P

Just wondering if there are any possible career options for me in badminton?

I'm a final year medical student, but really more interested in badminton is there any way of putting my medical degree to use in the badminton world?

I guess there's not much link there, as physiotherapists etc would be more useful, but if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah physiotherapist would probably be the most logical option.
    Be on the medical team. Every team needs a medic to look after those who are ill or recovering and prescribe drugs.

But on a jokey note, you could become a cleaner so your court mopping technique could be perfected...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha
    i am on my path to sport psychologist

physiotherapist would be a nice choice
    maybe u can take extra one sport science degree or certificate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can also make a lot of money, then open up your own facility That's my plan for the future..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo123 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm a huge badminton fan.. love the whole environment, the courts, the sounds.. but not much skill :P

I'm a final year medical student, but really more interested in badminton is there any way of putting my medical degree to use in the badminton world?

I guess there's not much link there, as physiotherapists etc would be more useful, but if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Hai there scoobydoo,

I have a friend back here who is a doctor (currently a g.p if i'm not mistaken), and he's also a former state player and currently giving badminton coaching while still practicing his medicine ( in fact he obtained his coaching cert. and coached me while he's still studying medicine back in the 80-90's).

He once had an opportunity to further his studies in Sport Medicine but i don't know what held him but for one thing i realised is, he's still a good coach, a skillfull player and an approachable g.p.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for your responses.. maybe I can look into sports medicine, but not looking forward to all the extra years of studying maybe court cleaner would be more suitable heheh

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo123 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks everyone for your responses.. maybe I can look into sports medicine, but not looking forward to all the extra years of studying
    There's not a lot you can do with just a medical degree unless you do more studying

If I m not mistaken UNSW does a diploma course in sports medicine.

You can be an event doctor. Doing ACLS/ATLS will boost your credentials significantly. Doing some A&E/orthopaedics helps a lot.

If you want to work specifically with elite athletes, that's a different matter. You need to develop the right background and from that experience see or create opportunities in whatever field.

As a career move, I do not think that badminton can support a fulltime medical officer yet, but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elo po sa lahat...

san po ba address ng badminton club d2 sa riyadh? pwedi po ba sumali/mag miyembro?
    kung cno po nkaka alam ito po email add ko jamal_xo2001@yahoo.com....pls let me know...thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0556014657 ito po number ko....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sports Science will be good for Badminton related Jobs... Malaysia need talents like that. We did have Australian working for BAM as well.