Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks:

Thanks for your feedback.

I am very happy with my BG80 in terms of sound, control, tension hold and price (Can$24 installed). The only exception is that it lasted 50 hours playing time. In hearing some of your feedback, you get less than 10-20 hours from your favorite stings. It looks like I have nothing to complain about. I hope by lowering the tension to 22 lbs it will last a bit longer.

Danny Boy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want durability, go with the BG65. It is the best string for durability and the power is some what good too. If you have a real good smash, getting BG66 strings won't help you smash any harder. The increase will be minimal. Must be why pros use the BG65.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I like BG-68-TI i get really good control and smashing power out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Originally posted by JChen99
    what string is good for holding onto tension then(regardless of the brand) that still give you good control (nevermind the power, I'm looking more for control cuz power can come from lots of weight lifting )? cuz from all of the Yonex ones I've tried(80,85,70Pro,68Ti) I find that only 70 Holds tension somewut, the others all lose a lot of tension after being hit with hard.

Anyone actually had the extra time to go around comparing strings?
    Funnily enough, I thought I try BG66 after hearing Taufik uses this string.

So I strung it in early December at 26lbs (crank machine).
    Although I haven't been able to play so much last month, I think the tension is holding pretty well............

So holds tension well, good control.....breaks quickly (though I actually haven't broken this set yet)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung
    Funnily enough, I thought I try BG66 after hearing Taufik uses this string.

So I strung it in early December at 26lbs (crank machine).
    Although I haven't been able to play so much last month, I think the tension is holding pretty well............

So holds tension well, good control.....breaks quickly (though I actually haven't broken this set yet)
    When I had the BG-80's with my old racquet, it would break pretty fast if you hit hard and the bird wasn't directly in the center and especially if you're going up to tensions of 26! Mine was only at 21 for plastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah dangit! I just broke my BG66's after 2 weeks of play and I only play 4 times a week. It was strung at 21lbs and after hitting in the middle (I think the last thing I did before it broke was serve), it snapped and I felt the lil shock!

I'm going to try Ashaway Rally 22's now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by kwun
    yes. i do find the same. bg88 is *not* the best when it comes to holding tension. however, as you said, you can string it higher. however, the gain from using bg88ti is not really the tension retention but instead the control.

i still think bg85 has an slight edge when it comes to power, but hey, nothing is perfect..
    From BC's reviews, quite a few people said that this string was good at both holding tension and in terms of durability, in addition to excellent control and power. (WOW!) Sadly, the first two isn't true. Durability was a little dissapointing to me since it's only a little over two weeks, and the strings are already fraying badly. The Rally 21 I used to use didn't fray as much during well over 5 months, and also had more power than the 88ti. Control is still excellent however, and I've come to really enjoy the rough texture of the string. Any other strings out there this rough, that hopefully isn't as expensive to keep on my racquet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Big Red, did you use just the original Rally 21 or Rally 21 Micro? How was the repulsion and what tension did you string it at? I took the BG65 over the Rally 21 this time since my coach said it maybe more durable than the BG65 but there's no feeling to it when you play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yodums, I used the standard Rally 21. It's a great string except I found it to be too hard (no repulsion) and lack of feeling. The hardness might be due to the fact that the string was getting old (it just wouldn't break) and that the gym was cold. Even though I didn't feel much repulsion the bird still had more power going off smashes so it still has very good power. This is at 24lb by the way. Lack of feeling is the main problem with this string... it's the reason I don't use it anymore. My serves and netshots are noticably better now that I'm using 88ti. Maybe bg70pro is a better comparison for rally 21.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, being already thick stringing up to 24 would make it feel very very tight! LOL

Seems like a very durable string. I think I'll stick with the BG65 for that kick that the Ashaways don't seem to have though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2