Visiting Nostalgic Pertama Complex

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by shooting stroke, Jul 21, 2010.

1. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Pertama complex, a synonym place for me and to others as a first place (similarly like its name) to scout for badminton equipments. I have not been to pertama complex for some time since end last year. However had the opportunity to go there last week since i was in Kl for a few days for some business and badminton arrangements. I always try to make a visit to this place every time if i had an opportunity if i'm in kl since it has a lot of nostalgic memories to me such as my first Cabonex 15 was bought from a racket shop here ( i also forgot it's shop name....but it is at the same row with all the handphones shops now), my first non yonex racket shoes...patrick:D (i also forgot how it is feel) to name a few....

So the visit last week is just to scout any new interesting price for rackets and shoes there and any other new things. Went to Racket world and ask for a price list for their rackets and if my memory is still functioning well:D, i still can remember its price quote for Arc Saber Z Slash is 670, ARC 10, AT 900P and AT 700 are all below 600....if not mistakenlah.:rolleyes:

However the real shocker is actually when i went to another shop ( Rina Sport shop if not mistaken, just below racket world) and i come across its Yonex SHB 101 Ltd price and i saw the price attached to the shoes written rm 199 :eek:(Blue and Red colour)!!!....but then i was again shocked (nearly had a seizure attack:D) that the priced is before discount:eek::eek:!!!....and the sales lady told me that after discount , the price is rm 160:eek::eek::eek:!!! I don't know if i'm deaf or there is some shuttlecock feather manage to go inside my ear.... but that what i heard and remembered!. I asked for my size but then they said the size left was between 25 to 26...:crying::crying:No size for me( i fainted for a while)......Disbelief and having some headache about the cheap price, (i took some panadol :p) and i went to another Yonex Shop located behind it and they told me their SHB 101 Ltd is price at rm 390 ( after discount from it's original Rm 449). Well badmintonholics....i don't know if that is not considered ultraman cheap ( an extreme version of ultra cheap).....but if they have my size at the first place, i'll "sapu habis" oooooooooooooohhhhhhh;);););). So...Pertama Complex, i will visit you again;)

:rolleyes:Just wondering....Is it fake??...hmmmmmmm

2. BJOOI

BJOOI Regular Member

marketing
    Yonex SHB 101 Ltd price and i saw the price attached to the shoes written rm 199 (Blue and Red colour)!!!
    Is SHB101 ltd blue and red? thought supposed to be red n white n grey? If that is the pair... i might get someone to go there to buy for me.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yeah, is it fake?:rolleyes:

it's so f*****g cheap though!:D.. TBH

4. shooting stroke

They have two type of SHB 101 Ltd product as below....

kasut.JPG

.... i think we need to send a few people from MACC to investigate :D:D:D:D ha ha

5. BJOOI

BJOOI Regular Member

marketing
    Thanks for the prompt reply. Blue is 101 mx. red one is 101 ltd.

6. shooting stroke

Thnx bro for upgrading my internal brain memory( i'm using an Asic shoes FYI);)....yes....i remembered holding both type of shoes in my hands. I managed to read the Yonex product info card for the red color shoes written SHB 101 ltd but didn't mind to read for the blue one, so i thought it is also SHB 101 LTD...but one sure thing i remembered is that the rm 199 price tag is also attached to the blue colour shoe ..............then if this is the case, the MX and LTD version is price both at 199 lah:eek:.........fuuuyyoooo

7. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro,
    the shoe is not fake just that the shoe is expire since its make of rubber and have a life time...
    good things no cheap and cheap things sure not good....

8. DannyMorello

DannyMorello Regular Member

Clerk
    u mean the rubber expired? so what'll happen if wear this expired rubber?

9. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    When u wear this and go play on a badminton court, there is high chance it will "pancit" (punctured) and the whole lower piece, outer sole fly off...exposing your naked, socked feet, aka kaki ayam (bare footed) :D :D :D
    It is same analogy as buying expired tyres (hope all motorist knows tyre has expiry dates too) for your car and risks traffic accidents. Joke aside, take care of your safety, on the court or in the car. ;)

10. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Bro, possible the shoe brand is YONE and not YONEX?
    I did see some YONE clone of YONEX around.

11. DannyMorello

DannyMorello Regular Member

Clerk
    hahaha YONE i'm using YONE kneeguard.. been using for while.. quality is still ok.. still holding my knee.. :p even protect my knee from mis'smash' :D:D:D

12. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro, becareful as rubber degrade over time due to humid and temp around...the elasticity is less thus harden...thus less grip and comfort...now u know why shoe price for old models are cut by half or more...

13. shooting stroke

Indeed........this extreme price reduction thing ( 65% in this case) need to be very carefulllah my friend. Otherwise later, while you are wearing it, your shoes and socks will go to the other opposite direction when you are moving because it is already "tertanggal" bro.....hahahaha:D:D:D:D..................................(hmmmmm sounds familiar........ sometimes also happen to me, even i'm wearing a new shoes hmmmmmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

14. BJOOI

BJOOI Regular Member

marketing
    I've asked someone to go there to check these shoes and to my disappointment, it's a fake but it's Grade A fake!! As it's difficult to tell by having a glance. My friend was being offered RM250 for 2 pairs!! Since it's a fake, definitely not worth our money.

15. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    so there are shops in pertama complex selling fake shoes la....how about racket?

for those not familiar to this city complex, better buy at neighorhood stores, like aj(puchong), hock eng(bangi) and splee(kuchai lama).

16. shooting stroke

God bless you my friend for being a investigator and verify it....otherwise a lot of innocent badminton player will buy it and end up getting injured for using it.;)

17. danielwong

Salesman
    I think the moral is....cheap price means no good stuffs...LOL

18. shooting stroke

or cheap price ----> investigate ------> confirm fake (you no good #@$#%&^%%$#$% shop:mad::mad:)--------> tell friends not to buy -----> save money ----------> better buy clone:D:D:D:D:D:D:D hahahahahahahahaha

19. danielwong

Salesman
    For me, shoes is more important than rackets...
    why waste so much $$, few hundred ringgits to get expensive rackets
    but the shoes is no good...wearing the wrong shoes might affect our legs...

20. shooting stroke

Indeed.....you rarely get a serious injury if you purchased a clone racket, unless you go and knocked your friend intentionally while playing double:D...but using a fake shoes, you will definitely get a serious injury sooner or later.....