User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2 rackets more shuttles - apply to BWF re:

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I'm sure one can adapt to it, since coaches are already able to hold onto 25 birds in the arm to serve.

But can you imagine if both teams use 2 rackets per person in doubles? There would be pandemonium with 8 rackets on the court!
    By the Laws, there is provision provided specifically:

5. EQUIPMENT COMPLIANCE
    The Badminton World Federation shall rule on any question of whether any racket, shuttle or equipment or any prototype used in the playing of Badminton complies with the specifications. Such ruling may be undertaken on the Federation’s initiative or on application by any party with a bona fide interest, including any player, technical official, equipment manufacturer or Member Association or member thereof.

So methinks, your continental federation will permit sanctioning of such use; you may as well use the definition: ... or on application by any party with a bona fide interest ... player ... official ...

I have seen this in action at several baddy academies. It most definitely makes good practice and drill sessions. However, for competitive play! Hmmm, are you good at sales, as in convincing stake holders and stuff?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 5. Equipment compliance

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheels04 View Post
    By the Laws, there is provision provided specifically:

5. EQUIPMENT COMPLIANCE
    The Badminton World Federation shall rule on any question of whether any racket, shuttle or equipment or any prototype used in the playing of Badminton complies with the specifications. Such ruling may be undertaken on the Federation’s initiative or on application by any party with a bona fide interest, including any player, technical official, equipment manufacturer or Member Association or member thereof.

So methinks, your continental federation will permit sanctioning of such use; you may as well use the definition: ... or on application by any party with a bona fide interest ... player ... official ...

I have seen this in action at several baddy academies. It most definitely makes good practice and drill sessions. However, for competitive play! Hmmm, are you good at sales, as in convincing stake holders and stuff?
    I believe that this 'EQUIPMENT COMPLIANCE' is a good thing. BWF should control the specifications of rackets; so that no disadvantage could be suffered by player(s).

But the compliance will be applying to tournament matches only.

It reminded me (experienced it when I was playing competitive Table Tennis) of how strict ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) is governing Table Tennis 'EQUIPMENT COMPLIANCE'. At competitions/tournaments, all players are to show their bats to the umpire before a match commences. All equipments approved by ITTF have a label/stamp on it (like the brand name of the bat) on the bat/rubber surface, stating that the equipments are 'Approved by ITTF'.

Badminton rackets do not have such label like 'Approved by BWF' marked on them. Currently, we can only see such label on tube of shuttlecocks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4