FZ Forza Titanium 299

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bird2010, Jul 22, 2010.

1. bird2010

bird2010 New Member

Hi,

Im thinking of getting a Forza Titanium 299 badminton racket. Has anyone used it?

Thanks

2. wristworks

wristworks Regular Member

Is that a new model? Haven't heard of that particular number in the Titanium line.

3. bird2010

bird2010 New Member

Yeah they got lot of new rackets out in the titanium line

4. bird2010

bird2010 New Member

Thanks ended up going for the Titanium 666.
    Heavier in the head then what I normally go for but the power :)

5. Badderz_Alpha

Badderz_Alpha Regular Member

just for the record (my previous posts from this thread were deleted)

... have been playing with the 299 for some weeks now and i am liking it greatly! very fast and light through the air, not much power (as expected) but that can be gained from technique.. its great for doubles!

6. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Anyone tried N-Forze 88?

7. Badderz_Alpha

How are you finding the ti 666 ? I tried it the other day and it is a very nice racket! lots of power with good control too!

No, not yet...

8. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

had a session with ti 550 V n-forze yesterday. nice quality build, nice feeling, good racket. a little on the light side though. will give the ti 550 VS a try later on today! first time using forza products but very impressed so far.

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Wha?! I had mine for only a week because it was so HEAVY! Build quality is literally second to none, though, I have to agree; if they did one in something more useful (i.e. 285/4U or light 3U) I'd get three of them and abandon everything else.

10. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

i find you need to go a little heavy on rackets or there will begin to have slight unwanted vibrations.

the 550 V version is only SLIGHTLY too light, maybe a tad stiffer will offset it. anyways, it is lighter than my sw35.

still, i give a thumbs up for forza so far.

11. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

Those top end Forza rackets are very nice indeed! I play with 555 S in singles and 555 VS in doubles for the extra power. 666 S is also very nice, but a bit light.. The build quality of the rackets is very good too and I also like the colours of the 555 VS!

Certainly thumbs up for Forza!

12. GT0ro

GT0ro Regular Member

hey Wheelie, have you played with the 550 models? the 555 models have nano-tec and was just wondering if it makes a big difference? worth it to do the upgrade for nano-tec?

13. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

No I didn't play with the 550's. But as far as I know are the 555 models upgraded in a few ways, which led to an improvement in strength and durability. If I were you I would go for the 555! The latest technologies in a superb racket can't do any harm imo.

14. Badderz_Alpha

Have you tried / had a look at the Forza Kevlar 250S ?? Its head-lighter than the 555 ... or maybe even the N-Forze 90000 , which I play with, a nice light racket compared to the 555 but it lacks the stringing density (hole count) of the 555 as its been out for a year or two now... at the end of the day its up to personal feel of a racket...

Yes, I have tried the 555 VS (just because of the awesome colours!) but unfortunately didn't suit my playing, too head heavy and stiif...

*two thumbs up for forza*

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

You play with the 90000 eh? I've been contemplating whether to get one but it's not carried here and would have to pay retail :eek::eek: ...

16. Badderz_Alpha

Yes, its a great racket! we have one left in stock as it happens! (click on my homepage link on my name!)

... drop me a message if you are interested!

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Thanks for the info and will do but probably won't be for a while since it will still be around for 2010-11 :cool:. Thought they would have taken it out by now but pleasantly surprised to find it in the 10-11 catalogue a while back ...

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

IME the 96-hole pattern leads to less power - may just be me - but certainly more control.

There's no doubting that the 550-VS is one of the best looking rackets around (why do we never see any green any more), but for me the 550-S shades it in blue.

19. -Wheelie-

-Wheelie- Regular Member

I think the 96-holes definitely improves your control, but doesn't change a lot to your power. Forza says it enlarges the sweetspot, so you can generate your max power more easily and it seams you're able to smash harder. But I like the pattern, because now I'm able to place the shuttle consistently very close to the lines!

I'm curious what they'll come up for next season; hopefully more great rackets in nice colors!