racket slipping

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by GoDLee, Jul 23, 2010.

1. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    Tonight, in a solo game, my racquet slipped out from my hand... ppl thought i got angry lol :eek:
    My overgrip is larger than b4, i dont sweat that much compared to some other players... thus I think it is a problem with my technique. Why do i feel like my racquet wants to run away everytime i throw a smash or a clear ?
    Happened to you ?

2. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    you're racket shouldnt be easiler slipping out of your hand like that. Can you give us a more detailed explanation of your technique, as well as what kind of overgrip you are using?

3. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    Thx for answer !

hmwell my overgrip is bigger than b4. At first i thought a thin overgrip would be more suitable, but i quickly realized i felt like the racquet was about to slip. As i said, it is better, still, not enought. Maybe this is bcuz of the overgrip, here's the pic :

gfgf.jpg

I found out i was not a big sweater, cuz i'm naturally thin, plus this is obvious when i squeeze players hands after a match. Their hands are totally wet, i dont know how they can handle their racquet. It could be bcuz i played more than 2months with my left arm(tendinitis) & i need a couple of weeks to get used to.
    That kind of overgrip(Head) gives comfort that's for sure, it becomes annoying when sweat arrives though. I constantly have to rub out the tiny drips of sweat stucked on my overgrip & my hand with the help of my short/tshirt. I should get a towel :rolleyes:

4. BaggedCat

BaggedCat Regular Member

Video Games Designer
    Use a 'ribbed' over grip. even with wet sweaty hands, the ribbed bit conforms nicely between your fingers of your grip so racket will stay in your hand.

5. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    you are dam right, b4 that, i played with Yonex overgrips. Their longevity doesn't worth it but i must admit i had no problem of that sort.

6. milford30

milford30 Regular Member

are you holding on to your racket with your last 2 fingers?
    i personally don't like thick grips, have a tendency to hold it with the palm(which is wrong and and tends to slip as you are not 'hooking' the racket with your last 2 fingers

7. GoDLee

GoDLee Regular Member

English teacher
    Well, i dunno how i handle the grip, it doesnt matter now i know what kind of overgrip i needed. ty