User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 188 to 204 of 298
  1. #188
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,579
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Back to back title for Towi/Liliyana, hopefully the winning trend will be continued in next tourney

  2. #189
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    The Swiss Open GP Gold title was just won, so, 8 Open titles in less than 2 years of partnership!

    The field in the Austrailia GP Gold is quite identical to the Swiss Open, so, another title looks realistic over there, before heading over to the lion's den for the Badminton Asia Championships, where the 2 main CHN pairs will most possibly feature.
    What an achievement by this Duo... Hope Towi/Butet able to gain their confidence back when facing CHN XD...

  3. #190
    Regular Member Aikachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jesselton
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did a little calculation of my own; points won by Towi/Butet in Swiss, plus the possible win AUS GPG.....Towi/Butet as no.1?

    Since XD pairs ZN/ZY, XC/MJ, and the no.3 Danes pair not gonna be in AUS, and provided that Towi/Butet able to keep their fine form, I just think that the duo has the chance to dethrown ZN/ZY for awhile before the BAC.

  4. #191
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kesultanan Ngayogyakarto Hadiningrat
    Posts
    3,095
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikachan View Post
    Did a little calculation of my own; points won by Towi/Butet in Swiss, plus the possible win AUS GPG.....Towi/Butet as no.1?

    Since XD pairs ZN/ZY, XC/MJ, and the no.3 Danes pair not gonna be in AUS, and provided that Towi/Butet able to keep their fine form, I just think that the duo has the chance to dethrown ZN/ZY for awhile before the BAC.
    did you do a proper calculation ??
    if towi/butet won Australia GPG, towi/butet's points just raise around 1600 (around 1000 from Swiss and another 650 from Aus GPG). so, their points will be about 82000. ZN/ZYL's points is around 90000.
    how come you think that towi/butet can be no 1 before BAC ??

    even, with 4000 points difference from no 2 (CX/MJ), i dont think towi/butet can be 2nd seed in Olympics. maximum is 3rd seed in Olympics, i think
    Last edited by fathonezic; 03-19-2012 at 09:00 AM.

  5. #192
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quick answer is not even close.
    Their net gain for the swiss title is 950 points, and the aussie title if they win will be another 580 points.

    Zhang nan and zhao yunlei's world no 1 come from the world champ plus the SS final, 3 SSP and 1 SS titles

  6. #193
    Regular Member Aikachan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jesselton
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fathonezic View Post
    did you do a proper calculation ??
    if towi/butet won Australia GPG, towi/butet's points just raise around 1600 (around 1000 from Swiss and another 650 from Aus GPG). so, their points will be about 82000. ZN/ZYL's points is around 90000.
    how come you think that towi/butet can be no 1 before BAC ??
    LOL...So my calculation isnt proper then...my bad. Dont mind me, let's wait for the OFFICIAL RANKING update from BWF shall we?

  7. #194
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Towi/Butet able to threaten XC/MJ post or even ZN/ZYL post, LYB will surely send one of their XD to the Aussie GP Gold to prevent that happening. CBA wants to secure top two seeds for OG2012. He wants to create all CBA Final in XD..The most Towi/BUtet could get is 3rd position in world ranking.

  8. #195
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    If Towi/Butet able to threaten XC/MJ post or even ZN/ZYL post, LYB will surely send one of their XD to the Aussie GP Gold to prevent that happening. CBA wants to secure top two seeds for OG2012. He wants to create all CBA Final in XD..The most Towi/BUtet could get is 3rd position in world ranking.
    the Olympics rules dictated that players from the same NOC will be draw in different halves.
    So, even if no 1 & 16 qualified they will still different halves

  9. #196
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    the Olympics rules dictated that players from the same NOC will be draw in different halves.
    So, even if no 1 & 16 qualified they will still different halves
    Owh.. Thanks for the enlightenment..

  10. #197
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't really matters whether they'll be #2 or #3 seed, they'll still need to go through MJ/CX in order to go to final.
    I rather them seeded #4 and faces ZN/ZYL in SF. #3 seed will face the Danish pair of Laybourn/Kamilla in QF.....Butet usually have problem with Kamilla (AE final aside).

  11. #198
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,438
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badadum View Post
    Don't really matters whether they'll be #2 or #3 seed, they'll still need to go through MJ/CX in order to go to final.
    I rather them seeded #4 and faces ZN/ZYL in SF. #3 seed will face the Danish pair of Laybourn/Kamilla in QF.....Butet usually have problem with Kamilla (AE final aside).
    No.
    no 1 seed at top and no 2 in bottom.
    3 & 4 will draw to decide top or bottom

  12. #199
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,428
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Indeed.....it's the luck of the draw that will determine whether #3 or #4 seed will meet the top/second seed. Not necessarily true also that #3 seed will face Laybourn/Rytter-Juhl in the QF as all the 16 pairs will be involved in a group stage first initially. 3 matches in a group if I am not wrong, before they proceed to the QF (with the top 2 pairs progressing).

    So, Towi/Butet will need to play 6 times in order to win the Olympics Gold. 3 in Group Stage and another 3 from QF onwards.

  13. #200
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    jakarta
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With Tolyn is the biggest chance for ina to grab a medal at olympic and no chance for Ina Uber team to win Uber cup or even to Final, i think lyliana should not participate in the next uber final. Lyliana is better to just concentrate, safe her energy and more practice for better olympic preparation.

    Moreover, lyliana chance with whoever her partner is in WD no better than Grey/Mel, Vi/nad or Anitya in winning a point in uber cup final. And it even better if PBSI give a chance for Suci/Della to gain experience in uber final for regeneration.

  14. #201
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,579
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jks_niceguy View Post
    With Tolyn is the biggest chance for ina to grab a medal at olympic and no chance for Ina Uber team to win Uber cup or even to Final, i think lyliana should not participate in the next uber final. Lyliana is better to just concentrate, safe her energy and more practice for better olympic preparation.
    Yup, Towi/Liliyana should focus to select tournament towards to the ultimate goal, London Games. The article below also mention about the same perspective :

    Badminton : Swiss Open Crowns Just the Start, Indonesia's Winning Duo Says

    Ami Afriatni | March 19, 2012

    A week after claiming the All England Open mixed doubles title, Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir continued their run of success by winning the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold on Sunday.

    The world’s fourth-ranked pair beat Sudket Prapakamol and Saralee Thoungthongkam of Thailand 21-16, 21-14 in the final at St. Jakobshalle in Basel, stamping its credentials as Indonesia’s top hope for an Olympic gold medal.

    Top-seeded Tontowi and Liliyana were the only Indonesians in the finals after men’s singles shuttler Taufik Hidayat and men’s doubles pair Alvent Yulianto Chandra and Hendra Aprida Gunawan lost in Saturday’s semifinals.

    “We’re a bit tired after the All England, but we didn’t want to waste our chance at winning this tournament,” Liliyana told the Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) Web site. “This title is proof that we’re in top physical shape and we’ll try to maintain this until the Olympics.”

    Tontowi and Liliyana face a busy spring before the Olympics begin on July 27. They are set to play in the Australian Open Grand Prix Gold in Sydney from April 3 to 8 before competing in the Asian Championships in Qingdao, China. They will defend their India Open Super Series title in New Delhi from April 24 to 29.

    Liliyana’s schedule could become more packed if the PBSI picks her in its squad for the Uber Cup women’s team tournament finals in Wuhan, China, from May 20 to 27. She played women’s doubles with Shendy Puspa Irawati in qualifying last month.

    Badminton legend Ivana Lie urged the PBSI not to overly tax the country’s medal hopefuls.

    [Liliyana] shouldn’t play in the Uber Cup finals, because I don’t think we could win the trophy anyway,” said Ivana, who won the 1985 Badminton World Cup mixed doubles with Christian Hadinata. “She’s a bit injury-prone, so it’d be better to give her and Tontowi proper time to rest before the Olympics.”

    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Read more : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badmi...uo-says/505877

  15. #202
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well said by Ivana Lie...A wiseful decision should be taken for the glory of our beloved Indonesia..
    Come on PBSI think wisely & thoroughly ...

  16. #203
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They won All England XD Championships 2012!!!

  17. #204
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,579
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2012 All England XD Championships: Lilyana Natsir/Tantowi Ahmad won !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fmqpt791004 View Post
    They won All England XD Championships 2012!!!
    .
    Yes. Congratulations to Lilyana Natsir/Tantowi Ahmad.

    In Melbourne, I was with a few ex-Tangkas Alfamart players. They were so happy for Lilyana Natsir.
    .

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tantowi Ahmad-Greysia Polii (The New INA XD Combo !!)
    By fathonezic in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 11
    : 05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
  2. Lilyana Natsir and Vita Marissa
    By lxsw1986 in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 4
    : 07-29-2008, 12:01 PM
  3. Hendra Setiawan and Lilyana Natsir
    By xlasher in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 5
    : 07-13-2008, 12:46 AM
  4. Lilyana Natsir & Pi Hongyan
    By Pemuda in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 5
    : 05-13-2007, 10:39 AM
  5. Lilyana Natsir World
    By nanapantauw in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 01-30-2006, 03:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •