Results 35 to 51 of 291
10-16-2010, 10:19 AM #35
10-16-2010, 09:16 PM #36
About time too, they should have been paired together much earlier to sort out the understanding between them. Would have been in a much stronger position had they played together since last year or early this year.
10-17-2010, 07:24 AM #37
Congrates for the INA GPG title
2 GPG title+1 Runner up GPG Title is not bad for a new pair..
Finger cross in Asian Games!
10-17-2010, 07:40 AM #38
10-17-2010, 07:49 AM #39
10-17-2010, 07:50 AM #40
10-17-2010, 10:34 AM #41
Now, this new INA pairing just needs more experience playing against top CHN pairs. Looks like its gonna be Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei and He Hanbin/Ma Jin for the Asian Games and top European pairs (only 3 pairs that have troubled Nova/Butet so much lately: Robert Mateusiak/Nadiezda Zieba, Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl and Joachim Fischer-Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen).
Late 2010-Mid 2011 will be the adjustment and testing periods, while the qualifying period between Mid 2011-Mid 2012 will be the real test. They need to win at least a couple of Super Series to further stamp their credentials.
10-17-2010, 10:56 AM #42
they should not affraid CHN pairs
i believe LYB now starting looking for this new pair video haha
10-17-2010, 10:57 AM #43
10-18-2010, 04:13 AM #44
Nova widianto can retire peacefully now..
10-20-2010, 04:45 AM #45
Yes, new pair always the dangerous in a tournament, like ZN/ZYL in recent AE, like KKK/TBH in last AG......now Lily/Tantowi's turn !!
10-20-2010, 08:15 PM #46
In the CHN XD front, MJ and YY are the two girls to watch out for... HHB has a very hard smash but lacks the finesse to cover for his usual partner YY. I'm not sure where ZB will be in 2 years. Not much from KOR although I suspect we will continue to see LYD/LHY.
10-20-2010, 08:42 PM #47
Yes 2 years is enough for the 2 players to bond. Just like how Nova and Butet only needed the one year to win WC title (04-05), and another one 2 years later. However, Im not too convinced that Tantowi would be as successful as Nova in the XD field, surely its still too early to judge on his performances, and 2 wins out of 3 finals isnt bad at all. Tantowi's skills and style is totally different from Nova. Tantowi is more like a hard-hitter with speed, while Nova is a 'master-tactician' playing and mixing a lot of different shots. With this in mind, judging from Tantowi's and Butet's performance in Macau final, Butet seemed to have some worries abt her partner at the rear court, sorta like 'how is he doing at the back?' while when she played with nova, she solely concentrated on her net game. perhaps the bond isnt as strong yet, but hopefully it'll get better.
Speaking of chinese XD army, i think the pair to watch is the lethal combination of Zhao Yunlei and Zhang Nan. Both very young, and both also very skillful...a very strong potential for 2012 OG!
10-21-2010, 05:47 AM #48
10-21-2010, 07:08 AM #49
10-21-2010, 03:54 PM #50
..again, the new Tantowi & Natsir partnership is pretty new to the circuit & they might be having a bit of success as other pairs might not be as familiar with them (e.g. their strengths & weaknesses, tendencies)...Let's give them some time to see if they are indeed a "better" pair than Nova & Natsir..
10-22-2010, 01:28 AM #51
Unique record for Butet
JAKARTA, Kompas.com - doubles specialist, Liliyana Natsir entry in the top 100 of the BWF for the mixed doubles with three different couples.
Together with senior players, Nova Widianto, Butet stay on top of the world rankings. The couple formally separated by PBSI with Liliyana got instead, young players Tontowi ahmad.
The couple who last week won the Grand Prix Gold in Samarinda premises is up 23 levels to the rank of 51 for this weekend.
Meanwhile, the other with his partner, Devin Lahardi Fitriawan, Liliyana ranked 63, down one level compared to last week.
Mixed doubles ranking:
1. Nova Widianto / Liliyana Natsir [INA]
2. Aprida Hendra Gunawan / Vita Marissa [INA]
3. Robert MATEUSIAK / Nadiezda ZIEBA [POL]
4. Thomas LAYBOURN / JUHL Kamilla RYTTER [DEN]
5. JIAMING Tao / Zhang Yawen [CHN]
6. Yong Dae LEE / Hyo Jung LEE [KOR]
7. Sudket PRAPAKAMOL / Saralee THOUNGTHONGKAM [THA]
8. Sheng Mu LEE / Yu Chin Chien [TPE]
9. KO Sung Hyun / Jung Eun HA [KOR]
10. Nathan ROBERTSON / Jenny WALLWORK [ENG]
11. (3) Fran Kurniawan TENG / Pia Zebadiah BERNADET [INA]
26. (11) Muhammad Rijal / Debby Susanto [INA]
48. (22) Markis Kido / Lita Nurlita [INA]
51. (23) Tantowi AHMAD / Liliyana Natsir [INA]
62. (-1) Flandy Limpele / Wen Hsing CHENG [TPE]
63. (-1) Devin Lahardi Fitriawan / Liliyana Natsir [INA]
69. (17) Delynugraha Muhammad Rizki / DILI Richi Puspita [INA]
72. (-3) OKVANA Viki Indra / Gustiani Sari Megawati [INA]
87. (1) Tantowi AHMAD Greysia Polii [INA]
89. (15) Mulyono Henderson / Ayu Rahmasari [INA]
90. Fitriawan Lahardi Devin / Lita Nurlita [INA]
95. (31) Kusumawardhana Tri / Nadya Melati [INA]
102. (16) Fadhilah Rfan / Anggraini Weni [INA]
118. (-2) Hendra Setiawan [INA] / Anastasia RUSSKIKH [RUS]
127. Riky Widianto / Jenna Gozali [INA]
By fathonezic in forum Indonesia Professional PlayersReplies: 11: 05-27-2010, 10:05 PM
By lxsw1986 in forum Professional PlayersReplies: 4: 07-29-2008, 01:01 PM
By xlasher in forum Professional PlayersReplies: 5: 07-13-2008, 01:46 AM
By Pemuda in forum Professional PlayersReplies: 5: 05-13-2007, 11:39 AM
By nanapantauw in forum Professional PlayersReplies: 0: 01-30-2006, 04:13 AM