User Tag List

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MelvIndonesia View Post
    For me, 4 consecutive finals (3 champions,1 runner-up) is very good achievement..
    Oh yes no doubt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MelvIndonesia View Post
    For me, 4 consecutive finals (3 champions,1 runner-up) is very good achievement..
    Yup, me too...
    Moreover they recently paired. CMIIW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the match live... Quite disappointed that they lost. AT needs to improve his ability to handle the pressure. Afterall, they were the only medal hopeful. LN is supposed to be the more experienced of the duo but also failed to keep her cool. They played a good 1/2 set then lost too many points to unforced errors.

Skill wise, I think LN is more effective at the net than ZYL and AT easily equals ZN. AT is also more dynamic in his shot selections although a little weaker defensively. Hope to see this pair rebound back and take more championships.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liliyana, Tontowi Target Worlds
    Ami Afriatni | June 27, 2011

It shouldn’t take long for Tontowi Ahmad and Lilyana Natsir to forget their heartbreaking loss at the Djarum Indonesia Open and set their sights on a bigger prize: a world championship.

The mixed doubles pair failed to win their home Super Series event when they lost to China’s Zhang Nan and Zhao Yunlei in Sunday’s final in Jakarta.

It was Tontowi and Liliyana’s third successive finals appearance in top-tier Badminton World Federation tournaments. They secured Super Series titles in the India Open in May and the Singapore Open this month.

The winning streak propelled the duo to No. 2 in the world, bringing them to peak form heading into the world championships on Aug. 4-12 in London.

Tontowi and Liliyana will make their debut as a pair in the world championships.

Liliyana had previously won the tournament with former playing partner Nova Widianto in Anaheim, California, in 2005 and Kuala Lumpur in 2007.

“I want my third world title and I hope to achieve it with [Tontowi],” the 25-year-old Liliyana said on Monday.

During her stint with Nova, which produced 15 major championships, Liliyana said she had always deferred to her veteran teammate. Now, though, the roles have shifted and she finds herself playing the role of mentor to Tontowi, 23.

She acknowledged Tontowi’s game didn’t need much tweaking, but she was concerned about his ability to deal with pressure during competitions.

“Tontowi is a good player with all the great skills necessary for a doubles shuttler,” Liliyana said. “But as a young player, sometimes he just can’t deal with the pressure on the court.

“I need to maintain his fighting spirit, especially after the [Indonesia Open] loss, as a preparation for the worlds.”

Nova, 33, said he liked how Tontowi and Liliyana had developed into a world-class mixed doubles tandem.

He said he believed Tontowi could achieve the same level of success he did while teaming up with Liliyana.

“They are now regarded as the newest threat at the international level, and I see that they have the potential to be the world’s best,” he said.

Even international rivals have taken notice of the formidable pairing. Denmark’s Thomas Laybourn said Tontowi was learning how to use his physical strengths to corner opponents.

“[Tontowi] played very good. He is very fast in front of the net, and that makes them really dangerous,” he said.

Laybourn and Kamilla Rytter Juhl fell to Tontowi and Liliyana in the semifinals of the Indonesia Open over the weekend.

No Indonesian shuttler has won at the worlds since Nova and Liliyana and men’s double’s shuttlers Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan triumphed in 2007

More at : http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/sport...-worlds/449436

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an interview video on Butet-Towi after they lost...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lilyana Natsir : The victory in India, Malaysia, and Singapore become provision in World Championship.

Name:  butet.jpg
Views: 2732
Size:  59.0 KB

Liliyana Natsir is a player whose name is even increasing uphill after a successful achievement in 2011. Together with her partner Tontowi Ahmad, Liliyana scored a hat trick when they managed to become the champion in the India Open Superseries, Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold and Singapore Open Superseries.

In the world championships next August, Tontowi / Liliyana become the ace to get a success. How is the preparation and expectation from Lilyana on this major tournament? Here's an interview with Liliyana interrupted her training at national training Cipayung.

How the preparations ahead of next month's World Championships?

Preparation is tantamount to another championship, just really focus and improved the concentration . Yesterday the player was refreshing in Anyer, because previously we follow many tournaments in a row and quite tiring too, not just physical, but the concentration and mind as well drained. Now after returning, we would rather enjoy practicing, more fresh. Because the most important thing for me personally it is my comfort when playing, enjoy the game, and the play maximal in the court. Hopefully with this, the exercises become more spirit and more stable to achieve maximum results.

Achievement Liliyana and Tontowi so uphill lately, is there a burden if it is targeted to be world champion?

That's the risk we are as a player. If we play well and can be champions, we shall be relied upon. Back when paired with Nova Widianto, I also feel the same way, and I think fair if coaches, administrators and people put hope on us.

How Liliyana respond to this?

This i don't want to make as a burden eveng though certainly that was a feeling like that, but do not have an impact on the game. The important thing is we play as good as possible, just all out and play all of our ability, win or lose is later. But if the result does not match the expectations, the most important is we've tried.

What is the target in the world championship this time?

If we talked about target definitely we want to be the world champion. But let's see the drawing first. We'll just see who his opponent one by one, and did not want to think too far because the thought will become branching and disturb concerntration.

Liliyana had twice become the worlc champion with Nova, how about her chances with a more junior Tontowi?

I see Tontowi has a lot of progress. From some of the championship we are in a tough pool but we got through it all, from that we can see that he has the quality. In Indonesia Open final we played in front of own public , it is not easy, there may be pressure from the audience, or a family watching, we definitely want to show our best game. So far in my opinion Tontowi's perfomance is pretty good .

Although not yet the champion, at the Indonesia Open yesterday we already play maximal. When seen from our previous performances, we managed to win in India, Malaysia and Singapore, our perfomance is quite stable. Hopefully this will become a provision for me and Tontowi at the 2011 World Championships is to show our capabilities. But this desire must also be controlled, because if we really want and too eager to win, sometimes the results are not necessarily good. So we just try to enjoy playing and more focused, so once again that desire must be controlled so not to overdo it.

Who is the opponent that should be wary in the world championship later?

Judging from some recent championships, the Chinese pair, Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei somewhat difficult for us. We beat each other, the last we lost the rubber game, but in Singapore we managed to win in straight games. Hopefully we can avenge the defeat when met at the world championships later.

Source : http://www.pb-pbsi.org/app/informati...tail.aspx?/305

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impressive play by Towi/Butet so far, hopefully they will advance to final. All the best

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only final but to win it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hope of the nation is on them to first reach the Final and then to win it.

Up next is Chris Adcock/Imogen Bankier, who will be relying on home support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    Not only final but to win it!!
    yes, really hope so! will be the 3rd WC titles for Butet then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miksss View Post
    yes, really hope so! will be the 3rd WC titles for Butet then.
    Then she will be the most succesful INA player in XD sector

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So ToLin was defeated by Chris Adcock/Imogen Bankier in straight and relatevely short games (38m), although they performed outstanding in the earlier stage by beating all their opponent straight and short :

Sam MAGEE - Tantowi AHMAD [2] 9-21 8-21 23m
    Chloe MAGEE Liliyana NATSIR

Sheng Mu LEE [11] - Tantowi AHMAD [2] 9-21 12-21 25m
    Yu Chin CHIEN Liliyana NATSIR

Joachim FISCHER NIELSEN [5] - Tantowi AHMAD [2] 12-21 13-21 37m
    Christinna PEDERSEN Liliyana NATSIR

So what seems to cause the defeated ??

a. Facing new pairs (do not suit their style of play yet)

b. Europen stonewall pairs (INA pairs always find difficult to beat European)

c. Homecrowd factor (they can't handdle the pressure by the spectators there)

d. Off day (they just play badly today)

e. anything else ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drquick View Post
    So ToLin was defeated by Chris Adcock/Imogen Bankier in straight and relatevely short games (38m), although they performed outstanding in the earlier stage by beating all their opponent straight and short :

Sam MAGEE - Tantowi AHMAD [2] 9-21 8-21 23m
    Chloe MAGEE Liliyana NATSIR

Sheng Mu LEE [11] - Tantowi AHMAD [2] 9-21 12-21 25m
    Yu Chin CHIEN Liliyana NATSIR

Joachim FISCHER NIELSEN [5] - Tantowi AHMAD [2] 12-21 13-21 37m
    Christinna PEDERSEN Liliyana NATSIR

So what seems to cause the defeated ??

a. Facing new pairs (do not suit their style of play yet)

b. Europen stonewall pairs (INA pairs always find difficult to beat European)

c. Homecrowd factor (they can't handdle the pressure by the spectators there)

d. Off day (they just play badly today)

e. anything else ???
    maybe, overconfident from their fans..

14. Likes aeksit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was curious whether the coach actually gave correct advises. I heard him telling AT/LN to keep challenging Bankier at the net. She was completely prepared to pounce all net ball all day This gave more pressure to the already pressured Towi. In addition, a flick serve to Bankier would be nice because it will have at least one of two: send her away from net and/or increasing the pace of the game (if she forcefully attack the flick).

But that's just a fan opinion, probably almost worthless

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with most of the opinions. However, Tantowi still has room to improve. Especially at his defense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosid View Post
    maybe, overconfident from their fans..
    Hahahahaha ... Overconfident ??? It might be, but their performance in the earlier stage show us that they're really on great shape. Are the fans was overconfident, or ToLin who might became overconfident, or it's the coaches who might "look at one eye" to the britihs pair ??
    I don't put blame on them. Keep supporting them and the rest of INA team.
    And I hope our media especially TV station can give more support. In case, I didn't see a single highlight of WBC matches in the morning sportnews in a whole week (expect by MNCTV who suppossed to broadcast the Championship), but it's appears in this morning and just to show the Final highlights and said -just again- about the declining of INA who has no represented in the final.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tontowi Ahmad needs more feeling atmosphere major/prestigious tournaments is one like WBC in the future
    C'mon Tonly you can do it..!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast