Recommendation for a backup racquet to AT900T

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by hydrazine_, Jul 24, 2010.

1. hydrazine_

hydrazine_ Regular Member

Student
    As mentioned, i need a backup racquet as my backup racquet, Ashaway TMP-5800 is on the verge of breaking. FYI, that Ashway is a lightweight, head light racquet, which i would say is very good for beginners, and was also my very first racquet(which i have since outgrown).

I am currently using AT900T, which i find it to fit perfectly to my playing style, which i would think is more towards the defensive side. Head-heavy enough for smashes, yet manouverable enough for defence. However, I do not find it head-heavy enough to generate the sort of power in my smashes that i wished i had. Perhaps it could be that i have adapted to its head-heavyness, or simply that my smashing technique needs some improvement. I also play more doubles as compared to singles.

Hence i would like to look for a head heavier racquet, something with more smashing power, or otherwise something which is similar to the 900T. I have my eye on the AT700, but am open to other racquets and other brands as well.

2. thejym

thejym Regular Member

You could always try the AT900P.. the racket has a different feel than the AT900T due to the aero vs. box frame and a very small difference in head-heaviness and stiffness, but it's a powerful racket.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

If AT900T is perfect for you, then you should get another one.

4. wristworks

wristworks Regular Member

I was going to say the same thing. If the racquet is simply there as a back-up and you like your current one, just get another one. The only reason my "back-up" racquet is a different model than my primary one is because I occasionally play with nylon shuttles and I find that I like a more flexible racquet for nylon.

5. justsomekid

justsomekid Regular Member

school
    if u play doubles more then i guess u should try victors bravesword 10, i heard its a fast racket with decent power for smashes, though i would go for the at900p if u want to sacrifices some maneuverability and can handle the stiffness+head heaviness

6. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    go for apacs lethal 70..its will not backup ur at900t but replace them...