User Tag List

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Well, then it's clear that the wrong strategy/tactics were used this time around. The DO courts were playing much slower, giving Saina time to recover ground. She (and her coaches) should have recognised that advantage and created the same condition at the French by slowing down the pace of the rallies, giving more air, and waiting for the openings to punch through.

Instead she tried full-frontal assault! ...and paid the price. MM turned Sainas pace against her, using the force generated by Saina's shots to create winning opportunities from defence. Clever, and executed with extraordinary skill and technique. A masterclass.
    I wonder if they used the same fast shuttles like they did in the semi-finals until Schenk had them changed?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/badminton/Saina-Nehwal-falters-in-French-Open-final/articleshow/16998051.cms

"Minatsu had indeed displayed flashes of brilliance in the past when she recorded some unexpected victories against top Chinese shuttlers like Asian Games gold medalist Shixian Wang and Wang Lin. Even in Paris, Minatsu had stunned sixth-seeded Chinese Yanjiao Jiang in the first round before silencing two-time All England champion and third seed Tine Baun of Denmark in the quarterfinals."

SN - "
    I got very tired today. All credit to her, she played really well,"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So many of the Japanese women have this tireless work ethic; it's something amazing to behold.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    So many of the Japanese women have this tireless work ethic; it's something amazing to behold.
    It's in the Japanese basic curriculum - "Thou must last on the badminton court and still look cute for two hours ......."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rahuldarga View Post
    I wonder if they used the same fast shuttles like they did in the semi-finals until Schenk had them changed?
    I don't think so. If that were the case, both Minatsu and Saina would have been hitting clears beyond the baseline.

Saina just lost to an inspired player, and one who was streets ahead of her in terms of physical fitness and court coverage.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

streets ahead of saina in terms of fitness?.. Ofcourse , she is playing with her right knee tied up with full of bandages. She was struggling for knee pain right from the starting of Denmark open 2012. We cant judge only judging this match alone. Let her some time for cure and get back with a bang.. But i wont do such a VERY GOOD comparison between a normal player and a player with knee injury. I appreciate saina for achieving such a feat (reaching two finals ) with that bandaged knee.. We are waiting for you to come back soon..

Mitani also did her best in terms of defense. WOW.. What a defense she has.. Is she made of rubber ?.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You're missing the point. When MM met SN in the finals, it was MM who was more inspired, and "streets ahead of SN in terms of physical fitness and court coverage." Simple!

Saina may have been carrying injuries, niggles etc, but the fact is that Minatsu was better prepared and better equipped physically, on the day.

All players go through some form or amount of physical injury or debility during the course of their career. I'm sure Saina will recover. But take away anything from Minatsu's performance. She held the aces, and Saina didn't have the tools to deal with her on the day.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

----snip----
    I'm sure Saina will recover. But take away anything from Minatsu's performance. She held the aces, and Saina didn't have the tools to deal with her on the day.
    Sorry, typo. Please read as:
    But don't take away anything from Minatsu's performance. .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Sorry, typo. Please read as:
    But don't take away anything from Minatsu's performance. .
    That could not be typo.. That was the original message your heart wanted to type.. Hee hee. But your mind did not allowed... Mind vs heart.. Mind won it..

Definitely, well said.. Mitani played well on that day. Excellent.. She came with well preparation. She was punch clear in her shots.. Taking saina's weakness as advantage, she made her to move whereever she wanted to . saina wanted to finish the game as early as possible because of physical condition with so many smashes wasting her energy. Mitani was clear to drag saina in long rallies to make her tired as saina was suffering from injury already. Anyhow, win is a win. I came here to tell that physical fitness comparison is made only for the athletes who are normal even before playing the game. Bur saina was already with knee injury. So, no question of physical fitness arises. Only techinque matters. Here saina lacked her strategy against mitani. Whatever she tried, everything was blocked and returned back. So saina got exhausted and gave up fighting hard.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does a cute chipmunk body aka Minatsu gather so much speed and power? She can run and run. Probably are hybrid engine underneath her.

She has good intuition on where the shuttle is landing too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this thread has just EXPLODED.
    I thought I saw 25,000 plus just a short while ago.
    Now the viewership is inching towards 27,000.
    limsy must be having sore fingers pressing the like button so many times .
    No one seems to have mentioned or noticed that Minatsu has exquisitely fair skin.
    I can't help comparing her to some of the dainty noble ladies of the medieval past.
    Last edited by phil-mm; 10-30-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    How does a cute chipmunk body aka Minatsu gather so much speed and power? She can run and run. Probably are hybrid engine underneath her.

She has good intuition on where the shuttle is landing too.
    I think it's called talent.
    The same reason why she can hit the shuttle hard.
    Theory is those with more fast twitch fibres will do better in the sprint events, while others with more slow twitch ones tend to be able to run the long distances well.
    Personally I believe there may be another factor. That is, how many muscle fibres are actually involved in each contraction. The more there are contracting together, the faster the person can move around the courts and the harder he or she can hit the shuttle. I'm guessing that this both occurs naturally and can also be trained. Just a wild shot .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    I think it's called talent.
    The same reason why she can hit the shuttle hard.
    Theory is those with more fast twitch fibres will do better in the sprint events, while others with more slow twitch ones tend to be able to run the long distances well.
    Personally I believe there may be another factor. That is, how many muscle fibres are actually involved in each contraction. The more there are contracting together, the faster the person can move around the courts and the harder he or she can hit the shuttle. I'm guessing that this both occurs naturally and can also be trained. Just a wild shot .
    Intuition can be trained. Muscle twitch, however must be from Bruce Lee's formula - electrical jolt.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    Wow, this thread has just EXPLODED.
    I thought I saw 25,000 plus just a short while ago.
    Now the viewership is inching towards 27,000.
    limsy must be having sore fingers pressing the like button so many times .
    No one seems to have mentioned or noticed that Minatsu has exquisitely fair skin.
    I can't help comparing her to some of the dainty noble ladies of the medieval past.
    But then, it's widely expected that you would be more observant of the minor details than most when it comes to things Japanese!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  DSC_6652.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  34.6 KB

This is Minatsu Mitani at Singapore Open 2012, managed to take photo with her
    She looks very COOL indeed, her style looks very different when shes playing on court

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apachesun View Post

This is Minatsu Mitani at Singapore Open 2012, managed to take photo with her
    She looks very COOL indeed, her style looks very different when shes playing on court
    I envy you all "lucky" guys...

I live in a country where people think badminton is a backyard game for pass time. And the place where I live people have not even heard the word 'badminton' The nearest place where an international badminton tournament held is nearly 2000 miles away.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have finally caught up watching all the BWF videos, including the MM v SN one. My observation is that SN came out of the gates trying to intimidate MM but the JPN girl settled in quickly and showed tremendous defensive prowess. Her round the head defensive clears weren't that deep but she managed to block a fair amount of Saina's subsequent smashes with interest. Saina was also clearing cross court a lot but that too was handled with relative ease.

With Saina's initial energy expended and little to show for it, MM gradually worked her way into the match and exhibited decent forecourt control. In the end it looked like Saina was completely spent chasing a variety of deep and deceptive shots. IMO, a less fatigued Saina would have won the match even not playing at her best. But, hey, nobody can dictate what in condition you or your opponent arrive at the court so you play the person in front of you.

Congrats to Minatsu.

(Personally, I don't find her that cute so don't shoot me )

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast