User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 268
  1. #35
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up 2011 Croatian Badminton International: Minatsu Mitani won

    Quote Originally Posted by Gicutzu View Post
    Minatsu Mitani won the WS title at the 2011 Croatian International, defeating the seeded French player Perrine Le Buhanic 21-14, 21-17 in the final.

    In the course of the International she also defeated the no. 1 seed Sashina Vignes Waran, also from France, 15-21, 21-14, 21-8 (her only match that required a rubber game in this tournament).
    .
    Good performance by Minatsu.

    Defeating No.1 seed Sashina Vignes Waran (Current World No.65) in Game 3 with a score of 21-8, would encourage Minatsu to participate in more tournaments.
    .

  2. #36
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,069
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Good performance by Minatsu.

    Defeating No.1 seed Sashina Vignes Waran (Current World No.65) in Game 3 with a score of 21-8, would encourage Minatsu to participate in more tournaments.
    .
    haha, that's too easy for her.

  3. #37
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Looking forward to catch her at least in the quarter final of the BAC

  4. #38
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow 2011 BAC: Minatsu Mitani will be facing Wang Xin (Seeded 3) in Round 1

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Looking forward to catch her at least in the quarter final of the BAC
    .
    Did you know that in Round 1, Minatsu will be facing Wang Xin (Seeded 3)? I think for Minatsu to defeat Wang Xin; it will be tough.

    Do you really believe that Minatsu can defeat WX?
    .

  5. #39
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nothing is impossible. LOL.. even though i didn't read the complete draw of WS

  6. #40
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow 2011 BAC: Minatsu Mitani will find it tough to defeat Wang Xin (Seeded 3) in Round 1

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Nothing is impossible. LOL.. even though i didn't read the complete draw of WS
    .
    Yes, I too agree that nothing is impossible.

    But currently, I think Minatsu has only around 10% chance to defeat Wang Xin (Seeded 3) at this 2011 BAC.
    .

  7. #41
    Regular Member Gicutzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Romanian in Austria
    Posts
    1,389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 2011 bac

    Minatsu Mitani def. Wang Xin [3] 21-19, 21-17

    Really good performance from this 19-year old.

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    my fave day today
    hehe
    tai beat ratchanok
    lydia beat maria and mitani minatsu beat wang xin!
    wow!

  9. #43
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cool 2011 BAC: Minatsu Mitani defeated Wang Xin (Seeded 3) in Round 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Gicutzu View Post
    Minatsu Mitani def. Wang Xin [3] 21-19, 21-17

    Really good performance from this 19-year old.
    .
    WOW... What a surprise today; Minatsu Mitani defeated Wang Xin (Seeded 3) in Round 1 rather quickly in just 33 minutes.

    Well done Minatsu !!!
    .

  10. #44
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up my fave day today

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    my fave day today
    hehe
    tai beat ratchanok
    lydia beat maria and mitani minatsu beat wang xin!
    wow!
    .
    Hope that you have PAWed every one of the above 3 matches.

    Unfortunately, I missed PAWing any of them because I haven't started PAWing yet for this tournament.
    .

  11. #45
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    WOW... What a surprise today; Minatsu Mitani defeated Wang Xin (Seeded 3) in Round 1 rather quickly in just 33 minutes.

    Well done Minatsu !!!
    .
    Yes, just after i post on the day where MM will up against WX.. and i said nothing is impossible.. she made it! That's unbelievable though..
    unfortunately her fairytale ended yesterday in the hands of CSC of Taipei. Anyway, it's a significant and good improvement from this Japanese girl. Wish to see her playing more in the future GAMBATEH

  12. #46
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arrow 2011 BAC R-16: Cheng Shao Chieh defeated Minatsu Mitani 21-17, 22-20

    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Yes, just after i post on the day where MM will up against WX.. and i said nothing is impossible.. she made it! That's unbelievable though..
    unfortunately her fairytale ended yesterday in the hands of CSC of Taipei. Anyway, it's a significant and good improvement from this Japanese girl. Wish to see her playing more in the future GAMBATEH
    .
    Yes, it was Cheng Shao Chieh who defeated Minatsu Mitani 21-17, 22-20 at the Round of 16.
    .

  13. #47
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Minatsu Mitani is now ranked 66th

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    This week (Week 9, 2011), we find Minatsu ranking at 136th.
    This week (2011 Week 16), we find Minatsu ranking at 66th.

    Congratulations to Minatsu as she climbed up 70 positions in just 2 months; also up 292 positions since a year ago.

    Source: http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...=473&p=3&ps=25

    .
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 04-25-2011 at 02:12 PM.

  14. #48
    Regular Member phil-mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Misty Mountains
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    Minatsu pulled out of the German, All England and Swiss Opens .
    Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    What's wrong?? injuries?
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Not only concentrating in her Badminton, but also in her finishing of her studies at her school (I would think).

    .
    I believe BWF stipulates that only a limited number of partipants from a particular country can play in any event. So they probably use the world rankings to decide who to include. There is no reason why Minatsu should have withdrawn from so many big tournaments given her splendid form.

  15. #49
    Regular Member phil-mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Misty Mountains
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    .
    Yes, it was Cheng Shao Chieh who defeated Minatsu Mitani 21-17, 22-20 at the Round of 16.
    .
    Minatsu probably expended all her energy in defeating Wang Xin to be able to take on Cheng Shao Chieh. But it's a real achievement, irregardless of the rankings. Few players outside China can boast of having been able to beat Wang Xin.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    This week (2011 Week 16), we find Minatsu ranking at 66th.

    Congratulations to Minatsu as she climbed up 70 positions in just 2 months; also up 292 positions since a year ago.

    Source: http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...=473&p=3&ps=25

    .
    The climb in the rankings initiates a virtuous cycle, in which Minatsu can now play in the bigger tournaments and thus meet and defeat the stronger players.

  16. #50
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up The climb in the rankings initiates a virtuous cycle......

    Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    Minatsu probably expended all her energy in defeating Wang Xin to be able to take on Cheng Shao Chieh. But it's a real achievement, irregardless of the rankings. Few players outside China can boast of having been able to beat Wang Xin.

    The climb in the rankings initiates a virtuous cycle, in which Minatsu can now play in the bigger tournaments and thus meet and defeat the stronger players.
    .
    Minatsu did the right thing by slowly and surely climbing up the rankings by participating in lower level tournaments, like the International Challenges, Grand Prix and Grand Prix Gold.

    Perhaps soon, we could find her participating in more Super Series tournaments.
    .

  17. #51
    Regular Member chris-ccc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    26,847
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Minatsu Mitani is now ranked 58th

    Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    This week (2011 Week 16), we find Minatsu ranking at 66th.

    Source: http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...=473&p=3&ps=25
    .
    On 2011 Week 18, Minatsu has reached the 58th ranking position.

    Source: http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...=473&p=2&ps=50
    .

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Misaki Matsutomo ( 松友美佐紀 )
    By chris-ccc in forum Japan Professional Players
    Replies: 554
    : 11-06-2014, 08:38 AM
  2. Miyuki Maeda (前田 美順) & Satoko Suetsuna (末綱聡子)
    By kwun in forum Japan Professional Players
    Replies: 12
    : 12-04-2013, 08:15 AM
  3. Replies: 918
    : 12-22-2011, 01:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •